This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usernr1337 View Post
    dont u ppl think that it would be cool if teyla would leave sheppards team and be replaced by larrin...
    Eew. Just Eew.

Comment

I love Teyla and am not fussed about Larrin so it would be a terrible idea!

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      But now, I will return to season 4. I understand that they wanted to spare money, but why should McKay and/or Sheppard be in every episode? Do they fear to have worse rating without David Hewlett or Joe Flanigan? It was strange to use only 2-3 main character in an episode. They had a good reason last year, because RL was pregnant, but now they should give her more screentime. I don't want to feel that Teyla and Ronon are still secondary or supporting characters.
      JF only had one line in Trio and DH in Outcast so not really in the eps. (Plus I wouldn't bother with an ep if Shep wasn't in it but that's just me being shallow )

But I do agree, I want all the characters in all the eps and from what I've seen in the fandom, most fans feel the same.

I read an interview a while saying that the actors like it this way because they get their own meaty ep to stick their teeth into and then they get some time off when it's somebody else's ep.
      What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

I really like Teyla I don't think she needs to go.
        The 5th Race A StarGate Podcast
        The 5th Race Podcast RSS Feed
        The 5th Race Podcast iTunes Feed
        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jnolan
        You can follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/stargatepodcast

sigpic

Comment

I eighth it.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron
            Teyla , Larrin...doesn't really matter IMO.
            I got more the impression that the writers are unable to write strong female characters.
            For me it looks more like almost every impact a female character on SGA had, came from the actress....definitly not from the writers.

Just my opinion but I really think they should augment the writing team with a new face. Maybe a female writer.
            Agree 100%! I sincerely hope that if and when SGU gets greenlighted, that they'll hire a female writer or two to mix things up a bit.
            God knows they need it...

And... I ninth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezia View Post
              Agree 100%! I sincerely hope that if and when SGU gets greenlighted, that they'll hire a female writer or two to mix things up a bit.
              God knows they need it...

And... I ninth it.
              I wouldn't get my hopes up
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                Just my opinion but I really think they should augment the writing team with a new face. Maybe a female writer.
                I agree. I'd at least like them to give it a try and see if it changes anything. Usually I'm not one for a differentialist approach, but I have the feeling that having a female writer on the team really might alter the way the female characters are written.
                I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                I will never accept defeat.
                I will never quit.
                I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                ------
                "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

I just rewatched Travelers. I really enjoyed s4 but Larrin is one of the worst characters ever imo
                  sigpic
                  The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                    I just rewatched Travelers. I really enjoyed s4 but Larrin is one of the worst characters ever imo
                    I think Lucius takes the bolded title on SGA. My biggest fear is that because Jill Wagner was not able to be in the mid-season two-parter, her replacement Traveler Captain, Katana, will give the writers a chance at a different starting point than what was used when Larrin was created. The writers will use the lessons learned from the mistakes with Larrin and apply them to Katana instead of changing Larrin. If Katana is liked better, then Larrin will be conveniently disappear off-screen.

I know a lot of people on here would like that, but I would selfishly rather have Larrin written better.

I don't think Larrin will replace Teyla for the reason someone gave earlier that why would she give up the command of a ship of her own people? It is not like Teyla where being in Atlantis was the best option for her to help her people.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                      I so agree with you there. Larrin was a terrible character and the actress did a terrible job. Travelers wins my award for the worst episode of season four.

I would love to see some kind of development for Teyla. While I love both Sheppard and McKay, it would benefit the show to develop their other characters.
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, I'm "tenthing" the original proposition (keep Teyla in, keep Larrin out).

Teyla is far from my favorite SGA character, but like others, I don't think it's the actress' fault. I hadnt' thought about it until Karhedron & Kezia mentioned it, but it doesn't seem like the writers know what to do with female characters. Teyla is no longer the leader of the Athosians, since she spends her time on Atlantis, and not with the Athosians. She knows some other races on other planets, but not enough to be very helpful as a guide anymore. The only ace up her sleeve is that she's a good fighter. While it's admirable that an attractive woman is capable of defending herself and keeping up with her male counterparts, she has to be more than that. Sam Carter is both a good fighter AND a brilliant scientist. She was a pretty well-rounded character (back in the SG-1 days). Weir was supposedly a negotiator, but once she got to Atlantis, she rarely got to do anything more than say "be careful out there" and "open the iris."

As for Vala.... I don't understand what everyone loves about her so much? The first few times she was on SG-1, she was so annoying it was almost intolerable. I really had a lot of fears when she joined the cast full-time, but was at least glad to see they toned down her character quite a bit. However, I got so tired of those $#%$^! pigtails she used to wear. Who was she trying to be, Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz?? That was truly ridiculous.

As for Larrin.... I had the impression that was a one-off episode and since Rachel Luttrell was unavailable (if I remember correctly) they felt the need to throw in another female character, possibly testing the waters for future appearances. Her character was way too much of a cliche. I said once on a thread of an SG-1 episode in which Daniel got involved with a beautiful female from another planet: why is it the people they deal with aren't pudgy 65-year old people with grey hair?? It's always a beautiful 25-30 year old woman with a killer body-- and half an outfit.

Comment

I greatly dislike Larrin. Teyla is my favourite character. Keep the cast the same!
                          sigpic
                          Yeah... I know

Comment

More Larrin!! Teyla has become useless over the last 2 seasons. Kick Ronon,Teyla and Keller and do more of Larrin, Todd and the awesome SG-1 crew. Hell, replace the Atlantis crew with SG-1. Now that would've been cool.

Comment

So you say .It's highly unlikely you'll get your wish.With you about Todd though.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                                So you say .It's highly unlikely you'll get your wish.With you about Todd though.
                                Maybe we could have an entire episode where Todd continually feeds on and then restores Larrin until finally eating her and throwing her remains out an airlock.

Comment

Working...
                                X