This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    Now don't go putting words into my mouth! I am not "threatened" by Carson, just hoping that with Carson finally gone, the anti-kellers will hush up! I get sick of the whining. (Which is why I am not fond of Rodney)
    My apologies. I misunderstood your "It will leave room for Keller" comment. What did you mean then? If Keller really is vital and Carson isn't a threat, how does his presence not leave room for Keller?

I don't like Keller because she's Keller. I don't like the character's personality and I don't like the idea of a child filling such an important position. She is temperamentally unfit and lacks experience for such a role IMO. It isn't because of an inability to let go of Carson.

Your complaining about other fans isn't whining, but fans complaining about a fictional character is? Interesting POV.
    Last edited by Cautious Explorer; 23 May 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Now don't go putting words into my mouth! I am not "threatened" by Carson, just hoping that with Carson finally gone, the anti-kellers will hush up! I get sick of the whining. (Which is why I am not fond of Rodney)
      No we will not 'hush-up'. You have your opinion and that's fine, I don't agree with it but nor am I asking you not to state your opinion simply because I do not like it.

You may want to think this is about Carson and while I'm really not happy with what has happened with Carson that is a completely different subject. Carson could be in every single episode this year and it would not make me like Keller, and I shall go on saying it, if you don't like that, tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
        No we will not 'hush-up'. You have your opinion and that's fine, I don't agree with it but nor am I asking you not to state your opinion simply because I do not like it.

You may want to think this is about Carson and while I'm really not happy with what has happened with Carson that is a completely different subject. Carson could be in every single episode this year and it would not make me like Keller, and I shall go on saying it, if you don't like that, tough.
        Music to my ears. I totally agree. Bring all my favorite people on SGA from Kylie Minogue to Jenna Jameson and I still won't like Keller .

Spoiler:

I am so gonna get snipped for this

Comment

Can't we replace Rodney with Radek I like Zelenka alot more than whining moaning grumpy face Rodney!
          sigpic

Comment

Don't go putting words into other people's mouths.

I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson. I thought he was great... then he died. I moved on. My utter disdain for Keller is based purely on the fact that the character is loathsome.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
              I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson.
              » Yup. Heck, everyone knows I love Carson, but my hate for Keller is first and foremost because she is Keller.

Comment

There is so much more to hate than just replacing Carson
                sigpic

Comment

» Theoretical Keller Hater: Who's Carson?

Comment

I find it offensive that people assume that those who don't like Keller are so narrow minded that their opinion is based solely on their love of Carson. I thought he was great... then he died. I moved on. My utter disdain for Keller is based purely on the fact that the character is loathsome.

Ooh, well said! I have no idea how good or bad Keller is, - I only saw her in First Strike. But for me the loss of Beckett and Weir was the death knell of the series, so I gave up after reading the transcripts for the first three eps of season 4.

Its quite sad there is such a thing as a "What character should go" thread. SG1 fought to keep / gain its characters, Daniel, Jonas, and later on Vala. Its seems getting assigned to Atlantis is a death wish! I have never known a series to loose so many regulars. (B5 excepted, but it was deliberate there). Its a shame that there is a character that can create so much ill feeling.
                    Converting a human body into energy and sending it millions of light years through a wormhole. Bloody insanity!
                    Come on, how often do you get the chance to go to an alien planet?

I was a'ready on an alien planet!

- Poisoning the Well, Atlantis Season 1.

Comment

Don't go putting words into other people's mouths.

Mental green for you. Spot on.

Comment

Anyway back on topic.

Keller to go?

Why? well on top of everything else that's been discussed we could get around to discussing something more than just how awful she's making the show!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          That's fine; I disagree, but that's the way opinions work.

I just don't understand why any weak women on TV is labeled as being anachronistic. Surely having all women as being strong is biased? Double standards?
                          I can't speak for anyone else, and I've never had a problem with Keller being a "weak woman" or with any SG women being weak or portrayed as weak (I did have a problem with an SG woman being wet, but that's a different matter).

If I find Keller to be weak, her sex is irrelevant; her being part of the premier expedition in the world is what is relevant.

BSG is full of people who just happened to be alive after the cylons attacked. Cally and Baltar are weak in plenty of ways, and I'm glad of it, it makes sens for some characters to be that way. But SG-1 and SGa are supposed to be full of the best, brightest, boldest and most capable that the world has to offer.

Unlike some, I never had a problem with wunderkind!carter. Her combination of talents is highly unlikely, but given that the USAF needed someone brilliant for the job they'd be pretty dim not to look for one of the rare people of improbably large brain and unfeasibly diverse skills.

Rodney would like to be weak, but happily for Atlantis, he's the sort of chap who does his best work under threat of imminent doom. Carson too. But aside from that, Rodney is a forty-something best genius in the world, and Carson had That Gene - both excuses to overlook a bit of whingeing.

Keller's weakness does not propel her towards excellence, and there's nothing else to make her special. Medicine is one of those fields where experience is required in order to be an all-round best in the field type, so her genius does not override her weakness, because the world would surely have better medical geniuses to offer.

SGA is supposed to be full of people chosen to be heroes. Keller's problem (or rather my problem with Keller) is not that she's a weak woman, it's that she's a weakling in a hero's job. Wouldn't be any different if Keller was pretty little Benjamin instead of pretty little Jennifer.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            I can't speak for anyone else, and I've never had a problem with Keller being a "weak woman" or with any SG women being weak or portrayed as weak (I did have a problem with an SG woman being wet, but that's a different matter).

If I find Keller to be weak, her sex is irrelevant; her being part of the premier expedition in the world is what is relevant.

BSG is full of people who just happened to be alive after the cylons attacked. Cally and Baltar are weak in plenty of ways, and I'm glad of it, it makes sens for some characters to be that way. But SG-1 and SGa are supposed to be full of the best, brightest, boldest and most capable that the world has to offer.

Unlike some, I never had a problem with wunderkind!carter. Her combination of talents is highly unlikely, but given that the USAF needed someone brilliant for the job they'd be pretty dim not to look for one of the rare people of improbably large brain and unfeasibly diverse skills.

Rodney would like to be weak, but happily for Atlantis, he's the sort of chap who does his best work under threat of imminent doom. Carson too. But aside from that, Rodney is a forty-something best genius in the world, and Carson had That Gene - both excuses to overlook a bit of whingeing.

Keller's weakness does not propel her towards excellence, and there's nothing else to make her special. Medicine is one of those fields where experience is required in order to be an all-round best in the field type, so her genius does not override her weakness, because the world would surely have better medical geniuses to offer.

SGA is supposed to be full of people chosen to be heroes. Keller's problem (or rather my problem with Keller) is not that she's a weak woman, it's that she's a weakling in a hero's job. Wouldn't be any different if Keller was pretty little Benjamin instead of pretty little Jennifer.
                            *hums loudly!*

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Can't we replace Rodney with Radek I like Zelenka alot more than whining moaning grumpy face Rodney!
                              yep I can go for that.

Comment

yep I can go for that.
                                Hey i think hes funny
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X