This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06;9517085Vegas[SPOILERS
    Ok I haven't seen it yet but something has been bugging me.....Why couldn't they have had Teyla and Ronon in it if the wraith are in it....I mean if John never went to Atlantis he never would have met the Athosians, he never would have met Teyla, she never would have taken him to the cave, he never would have found the necklace, he never would have awoken the wraith, hence the wraith would have never learned about earth...Does that make sense...So why again is the wraith there and Teyla isn't Is there something I don't know [/SPOILERS]
    That post deserves green but sadly I can not give it to you. You should put that in the general discussion thread.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Wow this is awesome news...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...rd-sg-1-movie/

Looks like I have 2 things to look forward to after SGA ends. This will likely be a pre Season 9 type movie, thank goodness!!! O'neill rocks!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        That post deserves green but sadly I can not give it to you. You should put that in the general discussion thread.
        *Horns going off* SPOILERS SPOILERS :EEK:

Ok, you really think I should post it in that thread even though I haven't seen it yet?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          Wow this is awesome news...http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...rd-sg-1-movie/Looks like I have 2 things to look forward to after SGA ends. This will likely be a pre Season 9 type movie, thank goodness!!! O'neill rocks!!!
          I thought we were going forward not backward
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            *Horns going off* SPOILERS SPOILERS :EEK: Ok, you really think I should post it in that thread even though I haven't seen it yet?
            Yes. Its a really good structured arguement. I only wish I had thought of it.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Vegas
              Spoiler:
              Ok I haven't seen it yet but something has been bugging me.....

Why couldn't they have had Teyla and Ronon in it if the wraith are in it....I mean if John never went to Atlantis he never would have met the Athosians, he never would have met Teyla, she never would have taken him to the cave, he never would have found the necklace, he never would have awoken the wraith, hence the wraith would have never learned about earth...Does that make sense...

So why again is the wraith there and Teyla isn't

Is there something I don't know
              Excellent point. My view on the subject is...
              Spoiler:
              Human would go to Pegasus with or without John. It was a fluke he ended up in the expedition.
              Eventually the AU team would have to explore the Planet and ....act as idiosts as humans usually do, meddle where they shouldn't and wake up the Wraith. John's merit would be realising the advantage of using local people as Teyla and Ronon in the team. Perhaps without him, people wouldn't rely on outsiders. Anyhoo, I'll green you, if the Forum lets me.
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

I posted these questions for RCC...

Spoiler:
                To Robert Cooper,

First off wanted to say “Vegas” was a brillant episode, it truly defined what would happen if the wraith ever made it to Earth, loved the direction and the theme.

Was this episode meant to portray the Sheppard we’ve known for 5 years?

Was this episode written and placed knowing this would be the final season? A lot of fans thought there would be a 6th season of Atlantis.

Some fans are upset about no Teyla and Ronon in this ep. My opinion is they truly don’t fit the bill and it would not of seemed right. Do you have any reasons to why Teyla and Ronon were sidelined in this episode?

Again, thanks for another great episode of Atlantis. It’s a shame you and Brad are ending Atlantis, I think one more season would of been perfect. So many more stories to be told.
                I'm looking forward to RCC's Q&A, hopefully he'll answer your questions. btw I agree about Ronon and Teyla in Vegas

Yeah, like Nessie really looks like that
                how do you know?

Vegas
                Spoiler:
                Ok I haven't seen it yet but something has been bugging me.....

Why couldn't they have had Teyla and Ronon in it if the wraith are in it....I mean if John never went to Atlantis he never would have met the Athosians, he never would have met Teyla, she never would have taken him to the cave, he never would have found the necklace, he never would have awoken the wraith, hence the wraith would have never learned about earth...Does that make sense...

So why again is the wraith there and Teyla isn't

Is there something I don't know
                Spoiler:
                they probably never met Teyla or Ronon. remember this is an AU, anything's possible. as for the Wraith, why couldn't they have found Earth while the majority of them were still asleep?

Wow this is awesome news...

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...rd-sg-1-movie/

Looks like I have 2 things to look forward to after SGA ends. This will likely be a pre Season 9 type movie, thank goodness!!! O'neill rocks!!!
                huh? that's just a summary of BW's Q&A um anyway yeah Jack movie!!! awesome!!!

we are
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

*hits Jel with a fish*

Yes. Its a really good structured arguement. I only wish I had thought of it.
                  Well fell free to post it in the gen thread if you want If you don't want to I can do it

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                  Excellent point. My view on the subject is...
                  Spoiler:
                  Human would go to Pegasus with or without John. It was a fluke he ended up in the expedition.
                  Eventually the AU team would have to explore the Planet and ....act as idiosts as humans usually do, meddle where they shouldn't and wake up the Wraith. John's merit would be realising the advantage of using local people as Teyla and Ronon in the team. Perhaps without him, people wouldn't rely on outsiders. Anyhoo, I'll green you, if the Forum lets me.
                  Vegas
                  Spoiler:
                  But then Teyla wouldn't have taken them to the cave where her necklace was lost and someone with the ATA gene wouldn't have activated the necklace which alerted the wraith so they wouldn't have come to Athos for a while so they wouldn't have captured the earthlings

Anywho like I said, I haven't seen it yet so i'm probably missing something

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  they probably never met Teyla or Ronon. remember this is an AU, anything's possible. as for the Wraith, why couldn't they have found Earth while the majority of them were still asleep?
                  Vegas
                  Spoiler:
                  Because the wraith wouldn't have went to Athos at that point so they wouldn't have captured some earthlings and Sumner wouldn't have been interogated so they wouldn't have known about earth *shrugs*

I mean didn't John going on the expedition and going to the cave, activating the necklace..Well it started a chain reaction so to speak...It started the chain of events with the wraith so if he never went that chain of events wouldn't have happened!
                  sigpic

Comment

Vegas
                    Spoiler:
                    Because the wraith wouldn't have went to Athos at that point so they wouldn't have captured some earthlings and Sumner wouldn't have been interogated so they wouldn't have known about earth *shrugs*

I mean didn't John going on the expedition and going to the cave, activating the necklace..Well it started a chain reaction so to speak...It started the chain of events with the wraith so if he never went that chain of events wouldn't have happened!
                    Spoiler:
                    all good points but again, this is an AU. we have no idea how but at least one hive found Earth in that particular reality
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      all good points but again, this is an AU. we have no idea how but at least one hive found Earth in that particular reality
                      Vegas
                      Spoiler:
                      You do know Atlantis and earth are in different galaxies, right

Why would they travel all that way for no reason if they already have an abundance of food in their own galaxy?

Personally I think this is yet another reason to leave Ronon and Teyla out of the ep altogether, that way they wouldn't have to write anything substantial for them!
                      sigpic

Comment

Vegas
                        Spoiler:
                        You do know Atlantis and earth are in different galaxies, right
                        Spoiler:
                        they are? LOL yeah I know

Spoiler:
                        Why would they travel all that way for no reason if they already have an abundance of food in their own galaxy?
                        Spoiler:
                        no idea

Spoiler:
                        Personally I think this is yet another reason to leave Ronon and Teyla out of the ep altogether, that way they wouldn't have to write anything substantial for them!
                        Spoiler:
                        nah I think it simply would've made no sense to see them in Vegas imo. this was a Shep ep, and AU. what would Ronon and Teyla be doing on Earth? as far as we know AU Rodney was the only one from Atlantis to help the FBI etc catch the Wraith
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          no idea
                          I don't believe it....I've finally managed to stump Jumper

Spoiler:
                          nah I think it simply would've made no sense to see them in Vegas imo. this was a Shep ep, and AU. what would Ronon and Teyla be doing on Earth? as far as we know AU Rodney was the only one from Atlantis to help the FBI etc catch the Wraith
                          Vegas
                          Spoiler:
                          hmm.....And it made sense for the wraith to be there? heh you stepped right into that one

Ooh i'm on a roll today
                          sigpic

Comment

Poll from SCI FI.com...

How would you rate this episode?
                            A+ [ 34 ] [33.66%]
                            A [ 17 ] [16.83%]
                            B+ [ 10 ] [9.90%]

B [ 10 ] [9.90%]
                            B- [ 3 ] [2.97%]
                            C+ [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                            C [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                            D+ [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                            D [ 3 ] [2.97%]
                            F [ 9 ] [8.91%]
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't believe it....I've finally managed to stump Jumper
                              LOL
                              Spoiler:

Vegas
                              Spoiler:
                              hmm.....And it made sense for the wraith to be there? heh you stepped right into that one

Ooh i'm on a roll today
                              Spoiler:
                              yes apparently so. remember it's an AU...

Poll from SCI FI.com...

How would you rate this episode?
                              A+ [ 34 ] [33.66%]
                              A [ 17 ] [16.83%]
                              B+ [ 10 ] [9.90%]

B [ 10 ] [9.90%]
                              B- [ 3 ] [2.97%]
                              C+ [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                              C [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                              D+ [ 5 ] [4.95%]
                              D [ 3 ] [2.97%]
                              F [ 9 ] [8.91%]
                              cool I'd give it an A or B+
                              sigpic

Comment

This is a momentous day

Spoiler:
                                yes apparently so. remember it's an AU...
                                Spoiler:
                                So then if they wanted they could have had Rachel and Jason in the ep, even if they had different roles....It's AU, anything goes

Ooh I am so on a roll today

I FEEL INVINSIBLE!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X