This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I wonder if Mitchell82 has heard the news yet. Have not seen him on here since last week.
    I haven't seen him either. Hopefully he'll be around soon.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

He'd better be.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Here is my take and from what I heard from several SCI FI employees, please take it with a grain of salt...

SCI FI was ready to negoiate a 6th season and felt the show was still going strong, hence what SCI FI and Brad Wright said in an interview. MGM pitched the idea of SGU and said we want to go ahead with SGU and SCI FI felt this was an opportunity to get a slightly younger edgier audience. So the two companies came to a mutual agreement that this was the best course of action. So no matter what the producers or the network or MGM tells you, SGA was pushed aside for SGU. The network has stuck by it's word that they do not see SCI FI without Stargate. I am going to support the network because they are giving us more Stargate and are continuing Atlantis in some form. I can see the movie market being very strong for Atlantis. It will be a great opportunity to really make the show do well because us fans will have a say and will count when we purchase the movie. I still feel SGA should of gotten one more season and be introduced as the final season. It would draw more people and it would give people more time to cope with the loss.

I am 50/50 about becoming part of a major campaign which would be a massive mailing campaign, supporting the show in Rockefeller center during the Today show, and using the forums to really gather a huge supporting group. What will likely happen? SGA will get multiple movies on SCI FI which could add up to like a half of a season, imo. It's time to take the mature and civil route, instead of getting infractions, which the last one I got was the only one I really deserved, I will not even get into the other ones which happened months ago, lol. People are going to cry "I told you so", well good for them because they are just jealous that we are still enjoying this show.
        Last edited by Briangate78; 24 August 2008, 07:22 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Small boo boo:

Spoiler:
          SCI FI was pushed aside for SGU

-> SGA...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
            Small boo boo:

Spoiler:
            SCI FI was pushed aside for SGU

-> SGA...

heh heh. I corrected it.
            sigpic

Comment

Well, there's also an 'it's' in it, that has to be 'its', I believe.

*Hug*

I do hope we'll get a few movies.

Seen the Todd pics of TLT yet?

Comment

Well, there's also an 'it's' in it, that has to be 'its', I believe.

*Hug*

Not yet, is there a link?
                sigpic

Comment

Here is my take and from what I heard from several SCI FI employees, please take it with a grain of salt...

SCI FI was ready to negoiate a 6th season and felt the show was still going strong, hence what SCI FI and Brad Wright said in an interview. MGM pitched the idea of SGU and said we want to go ahead with SGU and SCI FI felt this was an opportunity to get a slightly younger edgier audience. So the two companies came to a mutual agreement that this was the best course of action. So no matter what the producers or the network or MGM tells you, SGA was pushed aside for SGU. The network has stuck by it's word that they do not see SCI FI without Stargate. I am going to support the network because they are giving us more Stargate and are continuing Atlantis in some form. I can see the movie market being very strong for Atlantis. It will be a great opportunity to really make the show do well because us fans will have a say and will count when we purchase the movie. I still feel SGA should of gotten one more season and be introduced as the final season. It would draw more people and it would give people more time to cope with the loss.

I am 50/50 about becoming part of a major campaign which would be a massive mailing campaign, supporting the show in Rockefeller center during the Today show, and using the forums to really gather a huge supporting group. What will likely happen? SGA will get multiple movies on SCI FI which could add up to like a half of a season, imo. It's time to take the mature and civil route, instead of getting infractions, which the last one I got was the only one I really deserved, I will not even get into the other ones which happened months ago, lol. People are going to cry "I told you so", well good for them because they are just jealous that we are still enjoying this show.
                  I agree, that's how it looks to me as well.

As do I.

Yup.

Comment

Gitm got 3 stars from GW. So did DV. I am almost certain Darren will likely rate "The Shrine" 3 and 1/2 stars. So 3 excellent eps back to back to um back, lol. Whispers looks like a real good suspensful action thriller.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                      I agree, that's how it looks to me as well.

As do I.

Yup.
                      Hey Fox, whats up dude? So how have you been coping with this news?
                      sigpic

Comment

Gitm got 3 stars from GW. So did DV. I am almost certain Darren will likely rate "The Shrine" 3 and 1/2 stars. So 3 excellent eps back to back to um back, lol. Whispers looks like a real good suspensful action thriller.
                        Indeed.

Hey Fox, whats up dude? So how have you been coping with this news?
                        It hasn't fully sunk in yet, but I'm annoyed SGA didn't get it's full run. how are you coping with it?

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                          Indeed.

It hasn't fully sunk in yet, but I'm annoyed SGA didn't get it's full run. how are you coping with it?
                          Well I vented, really went after someone making fun of the fans and got an infraction on Wednesday after the announcement. I deserved it, I really went over the line, but they really deserved it as well, lol.

Now I'm just trying to look at the silver lining. I want to see SGA end on high ratings this season so we can be assured multiple TV movies and multiple DVD movies! I figure a movie is like about 2 to 3 episodes. So a few would almost be a half of a season.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I vented, really went after someone making fun of the fans and got an infraction on Wednesday after the announcement. I deserved it, I really went over the line, but they really deserved it as well, lol.

Now I'm just trying to look at the silver lining. I want to see SGA end on high ratings this season so we can be assured multiple TV movies and multiple DVD movies! I figure a movie is like about 2 to 3 episodes. So a few would almost be a half of a season.
                            I really hope we get a few good movies before it gets difficult to bring the cast together, there is still a lot of story potential and it will be interesting to see how the series gets wrapped up and continued in movie format.

Comment

But when they say '2 hour movie', they really mean 2 episodes of 43 minutes, right?

Cos with half an hour of commercial in there, it's 2 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                Us Anderson's?
                                Um my name

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                                I'm guessing it's her name.
                                heh yeah,what jonos said

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                that's what I thought too but... well I'm kinda drunk

I wonder if Mitchell82 has heard the news yet. Have not seen him on here since last week.
                                Maybe he's still passed out with shock

Well everytime I'll think of SGU I'll think of a show that was the cause of Atlantis getting dumped so no I can't and won't support it......

Mature.....I'm mature......poopy pants
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X