This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
    Hmmm, I think its likely that they will stop the movies seeing as the AT, MS, CJ, BB etc are all working on different projects. I'd rather that than have Atlantis finish before its time.
    I agree. The cast and crew for SGA will be available for several more seasons. Tapping has Sanctuary right now.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      Read it.....It better not be at the expense of Atlantis,i would be seriously pissed if it was And i wouldn't watch it on principle!
      sigpic

Comment

It would be stupid to stop SGA after season 5, or even season 6...

It's about a guarantee that there's a next season of SGA, right?

If SGU has nothing to do with SGA, they can run simultaneously, right? When SGA is done, they can start SGU, and vice versa?

And wouldn't having to press a 9th Chevron mean that they are using up A LOT of power? Especially to an Ancient ship that's many millions, if not billions by now, of light years away, and many galaxies?

From what we were told, we're not getting the ability for building ZPM's in the near future, so where would we get the power to build such a program, and from Earth or Atlantis?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

If SGU has nothing to do with SGA, they can run simultaneously, right? When SGA is done, they can start SGU, and vice versa?

And wouldn't having to press a 9th Chevron mean that they are using up A LOT of power? Especially to an Ancient ship that's many millions, if not billions by now, of light years away, and many galaxies?

From what we were told, we're not getting the ability for building ZPM's in the near future, so where would we get the power to build such a program, and from Earth or Atlantis?
          they won't air two shows simultaneously according to BW

they will probably need ZPM only for reaching that ship.
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Indeed Spikey...Atlantis still has enough steam left in it for 2-3 more seasons... normally it's in season 7 or 8 that they need to do something drastic to save a show, or it flops (See Dead Zone or Smallville... or for a model of how to do it right, see SG-1). I personally can wait until 2012 for SGU, if that means I get to keep on watching the adventures of SGA and SG-1. As I said, better the devils you know than the devils you don't . We know SG-1 and Atlantis are good shows, but Universe is an unknown. It may end up like Enterprise and flop in the 3rd or 4th season (Cross our fingersthat that's not the case here , folks )

Ergo, I say we should keep Atlantis, keep the SG-1 movies, wait on SGU for Atlantis to finally run out of steam.

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
            Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

I agree with TARDIS. Lets show SGA until the cancelation. If the franchise is still strong, show SGU after Atlantis. One of the reason S4 was of better quality of S2/S3 was because their was no SG1.

Now TARDIS, take me to July 11
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post

they will probably need ZPM only for reaching that ship.
                Dude, don't say that. SCI FI saw some nice ratings when SGA and SG-1 ran together. I think MGM will stick with 2 series rather than one series and movies for the time being. It would give them an opportunity to ready some Atlantis movies down the road.
                sigpic

Comment

But that would mean two reviews in one night. I can't handle that kind of stress.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    But that would mean two reviews in one night. I can't handle that kind of stress.
                    hee hee! Well you will manage. Anyway, I strongly feel this will be the outcome. It will make SCI FI friday very strong once again. Tag on some Dr. Who or another decent drama series with the line-up and we are all set.
                    sigpic

Comment

POLL RESULTS FROM GW HOMEPAGE

Which season of Stargate Atlantis has been the best so far?

VOTES PERCENT GRAPH
                      Season One 206 17 %
                      Season Two 128 10 %
                      Season Three 328 27 %
                      Season Four 563 46 %
                      TOTAL VOTES: 1225 ..
                      sigpic

Comment

19% above S3

Comment

I'm surprised S1 is so low. You can never trust GW polls
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm surprised S1 is so low. You can never trust GW polls
                            Nah, I trust them. If you went to any SCI FI type site that is what most of the fans will vote. Season 4, 3, 1 and 2. A lot of folks seemed to think Season 2 was not bad but it was also weak.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                              19% above S3
                              Hey Fox! Wassup dude!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                                Hmmm, I think its likely that they will stop the movies seeing as the AT, MS, CJ, BB etc are all working on different projects. I'd rather that than have Atlantis finish before its time.
                                I disagree about the movies. AoT was a success and Continuum most likely too, there's no reason to stop now imo

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Read it.....It better not be at the expense of Atlantis,i would be seriously pissed if it was And i wouldn't watch it on principle!
                                me too

the ratings for s4.5 were better than s3.5, there's a very good chance

theoretically yes

I have no idea, ask BW

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                actually BW said
                                They [MGM] need to make some decisions. I think we are at the point of finding out soon. We know what we are doing and what we want to do. We are excited about the prospect but as long as Atlantis is going strong and as long as there are prospects for new movies, it doesn’t matter to me if my next project is two more movies for next year. Essentially, we would put a third series off another year but MGM wants one. They know the franchise is still strong.”
                                Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                                Indeed Spikey...Atlantis still has enough steam left in it for 2-3 more seasons... normally it's in season 7 or 8 that they need to do something drastic to save a show, or it flops (See Dead Zone or Smallville... or for a model of how to do it right, see SG-1). I personally can wait until 2012 for SGU, if that means I get to keep on watching the adventures of SGA and SG-1. As I said, better the devils you know than the devils you don't . We know SG-1 and Atlantis are good shows, but Universe is an unknown. It may end up like Enterprise and flop in the 3rd or 4th season (Cross our fingersthat that's not the case here , folks )

Ergo, I say we should keep Atlantis, keep the SG-1 movies, wait on SGU for Atlantis to finally run out of steam.
                                exactly! I completely agree, well said

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Dude, don't say that. SCI FI saw some nice ratings when SGA and SG-1 ran together. I think MGM will stick with 2 series rather than one series and movies for the time being. It would give them an opportunity to ready some Atlantis movies down the road.
                                maybe but remember SGU is supposed to be very expensive
                                GW: Are the crew and the writers not anxious to go back to 40 hours a year and do two shows simultaneously?

BW: I'm not anxious to do that. It was almost out of necessity that we did it last time. The money we had to do Atlantis was barely enough to do it right and the dollar had just skyrocketed. When we said we could do it, it was based on a dollar that was very different.

I hate to get practical here, but every tenth of a dollar, every point, depending on the budget on a movie it's enormous. On a television show you're looking at 60 to 80 thousand dollars. That just comes off the screen. And we like things on the screen. We like to make the biggest show we can and I hate, hate, hate being so -- and I know fans don't like hearing about the nuts and bolts of production to a certain extent -- but when I see big expensive network shows with literally two and three times our budget and I think "Man, what could we do with that?" I know what we did -- we made Continuum for the budget of a regular episode of ...

GW: LOST.
                                also
                                BW: The strike is only, frankly, part of it. We pitched an expensive series. The idea we have is not cheap. Universe, if we do it the way we want to do it, is very expensive, and I think we've proven ourselves, so "Can we please have enough money to do it right this time?" And if not, then honestly I don't want to do it. Why do it wrong?
                                http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/..._part_22.shtml

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                POLL RESULTS FROM GW HOMEPAGE

Which season of Stargate Atlantis has been the best so far?

VOTES PERCENT GRAPH
                                Season One 206 17 %
                                Season Two 128 10 %
                                Season Three 328 27 %
                                Season Four 563 46 %
                                TOTAL VOTES: 1225 ..
                                ooh I like it
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X