American culture is weird...
    it's same here
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

» People are weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        *waves white flag* I surrender. I'm here to announce I am now a Sheyla shipper. I watched vids. They look good together. I even read a fic or two. And you know what, those two could work. It was obviously intended from the beginning. The time just wasn't right. I mean she's
        Spoiler:
        grieving over Kanan. He's toast in the first ep of S5 and we all know it. And she needs a babydaddy.
        So it will make sense from an SGA writers' standpoint.

By becoming a Sheyla shipper I can ensure that they will drop it like a hot rock. So I'm good. I'm tired of fighting the inevitable. Who's with me? *dodges bricks*
        *Checks SR's pulse* .....yep still beating!

*Checks temperature*...OHHH MY GOD!! SR has a fever!! No wonder...you're delirious!

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
        So just a few weeks after her baby's father dies she's going to be having 'romantic moments with Shep' I feel queasy all of a sudden, what is this an outbreak of Kelleritis.....rather than make Keller better make all the female characters the same.....

Now I am not against someone having a relationship after the loss of their partner, but sheesh, doesn't decency demand that they be dead more than a couple of weeks........Unpleasent to say the least.
        Yeah, I can see that happening. There's no grieving for her baby's daddy because she was never in love with him in the first place. So yeah, a few weeks or days after the father of her baby dies, Teyla will start having romantic dreams about her and Shep. I think I'm going to puke now....

If Teyla and Shep get together, which I hope to God doesn't happen, it will be a rebound thing pure and simple. I'm not against relationships after the loss of a partner either but a story like that needs to be handled carefully, tenderly and respectfully. If characters get together too soon after the death of a loved one, all it amounts to is lust and disrespect.

This whole idea just proves that TPTB cannot write romance.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
          I'm not against relationships after the loss of a partner either but a story like that needs to be handled carefully, tenderly and respectfully. If characters get together too soon after the death of a loved one, all it amounts to is lust and disrespect.
          » Same here. Not to mention I am not too fond of JT, but that perfectly describes the way I would want to see C/T. And now I should be doing biology homework.

Comment

I can't even remember the name of Teyla's dude. Perhaps if she had actually conducted an on-screen relationship with him he may have had some semblance of an impact on me. I say she should dive in the sack with Shep ASAP. Why not, the other guy was insignificant - at least that's what I have been led to believe by the writers. And who am I to question their creative choices?

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
              I can't even remember the name of Teyla's dude. Perhaps if she had actually conducted an on-screen relationship with him he may have had some semblance of an impact on me. I say she should dive in the sack with Shep ASAP. Why not, the other guy was insignificant - at least that's what I have been led to believe by the writers. And who am I to question their creative choices?
              I'll give you a hint: His name translates into 'The Sewer' when in Czech

Comment

I don't have a clue what the proper pronunciation is but the dude's name is/was Kanan.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                  *Checks SR's pulse* .....yep still beating!

*Checks temperature*...OHHH MY GOD!! SR has a fever!! No wonder...you're delirious!

Yeah, I can see that happening. There's no grieving for her baby's daddy because she was never in love with him in the first place. So yeah, a few weeks or days after the father of her baby dies, Teyla will start having romantic dreams about her and Shep. I think I'm going to puke now....

If Teyla and Shep get together, which I hope to God doesn't happen, it will be a rebound thing pure and simple. I'm not against relationships after the loss of a partner either but a story like that needs to be handled carefully, tenderly and respectfully. If characters get together too soon after the death of a loved one, all it amounts to is lust and disrespect.

This whole idea just proves that TPTB cannot write romance.
                  Nope, no fever. I'm sane at last, sane I tell you. *twitches*

You nailed my thinking exactly. I have been saying all along that Sheyla will happen and it will be a rebound thing. We Sparky fans can say that John has grieved for Elizabeth and is moving on. Same thing about Teyla/Kanan. So naturally friendship turns to a rebound relationship, but the other person will always be the first wife/husband of a sort. Rationalizing at its finest. These writers, however, the people who forgot about Weir before they got back through the gate after leaving her, will not do it well. GW posters like us will complain to high heaven and be ignored. JF's mad acting skilz will make it look partly believable and partly like he's having a root canal sans anesthesia.

So, again I have the choice to accept it for the few minutes it will be on screen and then enjoy the rest of the show. It's a self protection coping mechanism that I hope will work for me. I'll let you know.

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                  ITA, let's get it over with. Pull the band aid off with a big rip and scream through the pain. Then we can all get on with our lives. And you know that when they get a couple together, someone has to die. If it's Teyla, again we can move on, and if it's Shep then there will in my case finally be no reason to watch this train wreck any longer. Problem solved either way.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Nope, no fever. I'm sane at last, sane I tell you. *twitches*

You nailed my thinking exactly. I have been saying all along that Sheyla will happen and it will be a rebound thing. We Sparky fans can say that John has grieved for Elizabeth and is moving on. Same thing about Teyla/Kanan. So naturally friendship turns to a rebound relationship, but the other person will always be the first wife/husband of a sort. Rationalizing at its finest. These writers, however, the people who forgot about Weir before they got back through the gate after leaving her, will not do it well. GW posters like us will complain to high heaven and be ignored. JF's mad acting skilz will make it look partly believable and partly like he's having a root canal sans anesthesia.

So, again I have the choice to accept it for the few minutes it will be on screen and then enjoy the rest of the show. It's a self protection coping mechanism that I hope will work for me. I'll let you know.

ITA, let's get it over with. Pull the band aid off with a big rip and scream through the pain. Then we can all get on with our lives. And you know that when they get a couple together, someone has to die. If it's Teyla, again we can move on, and if it's Shep then there will in my case finally be no reason to watch this train wreck any longer. Problem solved either way.
                    I agree! If they did kill him off there wouldn't be any reason for me to watch this show anymore either. From the spoilers that I am hearing about season 5 it's got to be a good thing really. Don't drag JF down with the sinking ship!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                      I agree! If they did kill him off there wouldn't be any reason for me to watch this show anymore either. From the spoilers that I am hearing about season 5 it's got to be a good thing really. Don't drag JF down with the sinking ship!
                      I think it might be time to admit it's over. I do not believe that this current production team have the imagination to deliver high quality, original and groundbreaking science fiction. There is nothing in any of these spoilers that doesn't sound like a rehash of earlier seasons or of SG-1. Now we know that it is possible to produce high quality original science fiction (Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Season 1 of Heroes etc) but with the same nonsense being served up week after week - and no sign that this is in any danger of changing - it seems to me that the only way is down. Viewing figures are a fraction of Season 1, there seems little media interest in Stargate at present (this seasons cast announcements were more or less met with yawns of indifference - and it's a little alarming that the rumours about Jason Momoa have provoked no more than a 'oh really' response.

And even last year I was curious to see the changes, yes I knew they were going to be bad, but I wanted to see how bad, this year I'm simply looking at each set of spoilers and thinking I'll pass, I'm not even horrified enough by the spoilers to see how bad it gets. The only reason I think I still spend so much time on the board is the sheer entertainment value of the forum, not the show. And I think that says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
                        there seems little media interest in Stargate at present (this seasons cast announcements were more or less met with yawns of indifference - and it's a little alarming that the rumours about Jason Momoa have provoked no more than a 'oh really' response.
                        The character JM plays has been a secondary character for a very long time and the time frame is over a year away. Season 7 is some time off...I wouldn't expect a big shocker from it.

Now, if DH suddenly up and quit in the middle of season 5 that would be all the buzz.

JF leaving would be "buzzfull" too but not nearly as much as the golden boy McKay.

When protest were held in front of the bridge studios for carson beckett the paper had a field day with people protesting an "under the wire" show as the papers put it.

The fact that SGA is a specialty show in genre, doesn't not bring in the ratings numbers that one would find on a major network and doesn't have an big name actors in it, and still had a protest was the story for the newspaper, and not that fact that the show wrote a character out for a ratings ploy. Which was the motivation behind the protest.

Thus, the message of the protest was lost and the fans were painted by the newspaper as fanatics.

If RDA was coming to SGA to take over as the CMO that might get some attention over RP coming to take over as CMO.

TPTB even pushed back the press release for RP coming to replace AT. And the response was..."Woosley in charge? Is this a joke?" That's from the die hard fans on this board.

So, that is truly the sinking signal and the ship is going down. We have hit an ice berg called "casting stunts and plot holes" and that is sinking the ship.

Even tptb are skeptical that there will be a season 6 or 7. And rightly so for the entertainment business is fickle.

The only way to sink the ship faster would be if DH left.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

You nailed my thinking exactly. I have been saying all along that Sheyla will happen and it will be a rebound thing. We Sparky fans can say that John has grieved for Elizabeth and is moving on.
                          » Southern Red, love, should I send some Carson/Teyla material your way?

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          When protest were held in front of the bridge studios for carson beckett the paper had a field day with people protesting an "under the wire" show as the papers put it. <snip for length> doesn't have an big name actors in it, and still had a protest was the story for the newspaper, and not that fact that the show wrote a character out for a ratings ploy. Which was the motivation behind the protest. Thus, the message of the protest was lost and the fans were painted by the newspaper as fanatics.
                          » So frustrating how that newspapers percieved it. Totally distorted the story - SGA prior to S4 is far better than half the other <circumventing profanity filters> out there on the air, if it were a show on a mjor network it would be percieved differently. Message was totally lost by the article. Newspaper seems to think we are 40-year old male Star Trekkie nuts that live in our mother's basements ...

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                          The only way to sink the ship faster would be if DH left.
                          » Well, with him producing Starcrossed that might just become a reality and leave the show just like Amanda Tapping did with Sanctuary. I also think it's likely that many of SGA actors will guest on there too, I am all for it.

Comment

Over the years I've dealt with enough reporters that I can honestly say that most do not really care about your motive unless it sensational. They want crazy, bizarre and strange. They want pain, blood and deaths.

Reporters would step back and ask themselves "which angle would get this story published? Crazy fans that protest a fictional character's death or a ratings ploy? Ratings ploy happen all the time...not news worthy but crazy fans are."

The news doesn't care about ratings of a TV show but when fans protest the death of a fictional character...that is sensational news.

Reporters will also edit tapes and footage to manipulate the story to fit the story they want to present. Thus, they will not mention the character is being written out as a ratings ploy or make a subtle reference to it. Also, they can be more hounding that a bill collector and are very aggressive.

They story could have been about fans that feel used by the producers to the point they will protest the death of a character. But that would have to be done with media in mind. Not just "Save Carson Beckett" but a campaign more like "Stop the Gimmick. Save Carson Beckett."

The message has to be clear to those on the outside.
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

» Of course. Whatever gets readers/viewers whatever - new stories may move our hearts and make a mockery out of people, but at the end of the day it's all about the business, and spinning a story a certain way gets big bucks.

» Manipulate the data. We see it all the time.

Comment

On tv at the moment is 'The Return'.

Ah, no Keller in sight and Carson and Weir are still there, can't believe it went so bad so quickly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X