This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

What I've noticed too. Apparently Torri is too "old" and isn't in the position to be dressed suggestively.
    Amanda is older than Torri... by a few years only but she's in that same "too old" package. And I don't want to imagine Woolsey dressed suggestively.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
      Well folks, thanks for the civil replies, and you all saw I was just making a general post that did not side and was truly unbaised. I was just trying to let you know what Howe said, and could of been the reason for the cast changes. I got redded for my comment and felt I did nothing wrong. If you felt I was being rude or trolling please let me know and I'll remove all my comments. Thank you. I am truly sorry.
      I have no idea why you got redded for your post brian. It's a great post and very thought provoking. Whatever you do...don't delete it! I was just replying to why to male demographic is the target audience.

I tried to anti green ya, but it won't let me. Have some other green...

As I said...it's a great post!
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Well folks, thanks for the civil replies, and you all saw I was just making a general post that did not side and was truly unbaised. I was just trying to let you know what Howe said, and could of been the reason for the cast changes. I got redded for my comment and felt I did nothing wrong. If you felt I was being rude or trolling please let me know and I'll remove all my comments. Thank you. I am truly sorry.
        Why would someone red you for that post? Shame. You may be the forum Pollyanna, but we need you around. I think you sparked a good discussion of demographics. I agree with what you said. I just think the execs who believe that demographic nonsense are whacked.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

forum Pollyanna. Seriously Brian, as hard as it's for me to take your ratings talk sometime, you brought up some good points about the demographics. Too bad for the red from whomever.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            But what would I know I'm only a 24yr old male with a lot of disposable income, it's not like they are targeting my demographic
            My friend is a 19 year old male and he has watched 4 episodes of s4. LOL. Yeah sci-fi/tptb sure know what they are doing. Plus he totally thinks Elizabeth is hot and is a sparky shipper. I know shock, but hey they are out there.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              My friend is a 19 year old male and he has watched 4 episodes of s4. LOL. Yeah sci-fi/tptb sure know what they are doing. Plus he totally thinks Elizabeth is hot and is a sparky shipper. I know shock, but hey they are out there.
              No, he can't be. That would make TPTB wrong and they, as you know, are NEVER wrong!

It's the same with my boyfriend he is 28 and he fancies Weir and cannot stand Keller. And i'm the one in our house who buys all the SGA dvd's etc I like it more than he does even though im female, how strange huh!?!!!
              sigpic

Comment

I am 29yo and I think Weir and Carter are both hot! What can I say, I like Mature woman. But I also like the younger types also. Woolsey is not my type though.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Why would someone red you for that post? Shame. You may be the forum Pollyanna, but we need you around. I think you sparked a good discussion of demographics. I agree with what you said. I just think the execs who believe that demographic nonsense are whacked.
                  Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                  forum Pollyanna. Seriously Brian, as hard as it's for me to take your ratings talk sometime, you brought up some good points about the demographics. Too bad for the red from whomever.
                  Thanks, for that. I truly wanted to share that, and maybe put some blame on the network. I am sorta annoyed with the network now for other reasons. But I am glad you found my post interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                    No, he can't be. That would make TPTB wrong and they, as you know, are NEVER wrong!

It's the same with my boyfriend he is 28 and he fancies Weir and cannot stand Keller. And i'm the one in our house who buys all the SGA dvd's etc I like it more than he does even though im female, how strange huh!?!!!
                    Maybe all these guys are women in disguise. My son once said you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see something between John and Elizabeth. Now he's just being a realist.

And my guys gave me the DVD's as gifts. I don't think they've ever watched them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe all these guys are women in disguise. My son once said you'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to see something between John and Elizabeth. Now he's just being a realist.

And my guys gave me the DVD's as gifts. I don't think they've ever watched them.
                      Your avatar, which I believe was from "Adrift", really showed how much he really cared for her.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        Your avatar, which I believe was from "Adrift", really showed how much he really cared for her.
                        Yes, that moment truly did. Now we're all just sad because of the lost potential.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, that moment truly did. Now we're all just sad because of the lost potential.
                          I agree, that is one "Misgiving" I have for next season. So much opportunity and potential. Who knows maybe they can patch things up in the future if the show keeps going past 5 seasons.
                          sigpic

Comment

Beyond sad. Sigh.
                            sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

No one ever said the target demographic actually liked boobs and butts over a solid, strong character. Tptb just assume that to be true.

That's what I liked about early sg-1...they targeted mature adults and not just one type of viewer.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              I am 29yo and I think Weir and Carter are both hot! What can I say, I like Mature woman. But I also like the younger types also. Woolsey is not my type though.
                              Aw, we can make him prettier. Tight leather slacks, leather jacket and a hair piece should do the trick. *shivers* maybe not.

I think they hired woosley for one reason...robert Picardo. Tptb are assuming his fan bas will add to the show the same way they assumed BB and CB would.

I adore RP but woosley is not my cup of tea either. I used to think, "thank god this character isn't a regular." Now I think: "do tptb monitor my thoughts and do the exact opposite of what I think?"
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

.: Aww, I don't know why someone would red ya. You're too nice to be redded

You may be the forum Pollyanna, but we need you around.
                                .: Pollyanna was last week's vocabulary word *g*

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                I think they hired woosley for one reason...robert Picardo. Tptb are assuming his fan bas will add to the show the same way they assumed BB and CB would.

I adore RP but woosley is not my cup of tea either. I used to think, "thank god this character isn't a regular." Now I think: "do tptb monitor my thoughts and do the exact opposite of what I think?"
                                .: I really like RP as Woolsey but not as the city leader! I know what they're doing here with the whole "fanbase" thing, like they did with BB, CB and JS ... it doesn't work and alienates your original fans. They don't really need a bigger fan base, just to rebuild the one that's currently eroding away.

.: As for TPTB monitoring your thoughts and doing the exact opposite ... I think it's time to break out those Tinfoil hats.

Comment

Working...
                                X