STUPID...Stupid.....stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
    Isn't that a bar trick for free beer...?
    lol oldest in the book
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Well, LORD MONK, your opinion is very valid, but aside from the first sentence (that "Trio" was, in your opinion, the worst episode ever), I don't see what the rest of your post has to do with this thread's topic. This thread's discussion has been about how these particular Atlantis characters coulda/shoulda/woulda tried to get out of the teetering, unstable box. Have you been to the thread titled "Anti-Season 4 Thread"?

Comment

i must admit, i would have used those iron bars with the lamps first to get higher ground, instead of reaching for the hole in the ceiling directly with the crates, but hey! lol then the ep would only last 20 minutes

Comment

*Whistles*
          Why walk anywhere when you have jumpers and instant access to any stargate across a galaxy?
          *Whistles*

Keller was right about that. All 18[?] couldn't have been in use at once, could they? Not giant asteroids again!!!
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK View Post
            Then to top it all off I get n line the next day to find out that Carter, Weir and Tayla are gone, Wolsey is in command and Beckett is back for another five eps.
            Teyla isn't leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
              Huge wooden crates filled with heavy things then.
              Oh stop it. You're just making yourself look worse and worse.

The more you try to salvage your dignity, the more you're going to lose it.
              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Those crates were empty, I believe. Even if they weren't, the stuff would have been removed and dumped out the door [like the dirt] to make them easier to stack and later lift up to the 'bar trick'.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                  Oh stop it. You're just making yourself look worse and worse.

The more you try to salvage your dignity, the more you're going to lose it.
                  It doesn't matter if they were crates I'm just saying that they will lead you to your death if you keep them with you. You know you're not very good at discussions when you attack the person directly.

Comment

It doesn't matter if they were crates I'm just saying that they will lead you to your death if you keep them with you. You know you're not very good at discussions when you attack the person directly.
                    He's just being honest. In a discussion when you're point has been invalidated, it's better just to back off instead of trying to find more ways to prove it right. That's all he's daying.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I was only wrong about the dirt. My point has been invalidated because of such an insignificant little thing? Everything else I said stands for discussion and are valid points.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        Well, they can either dump everything and hope that the box doesn't collapse in the next 5.5 hours, or they can keep some of the stuff and attempt to escape before the box collapses.

I think both options makes sense, and knowing the trio, I doubt they'll just sit on their hands hoping the next few tremors won't shake the box loose. They'll do something about it, which means they'll need the stuff.
                        Exactly. If they threw everything out then they couldn't have tried to escape.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Three GENIUS heads are better than one, right? WRONG!!!!
                          The danger of the room collapsing was due to the extra weight of the 3 of them and the soil they dropped inside, SO WHY NOT JUST THROW OUT SOME OF THE USELESS WEIGHT? They had a door that had a chasm on the other side where they could've tossed out everything in the room that they couldn't use and all they would have to do is wait for Atlantis to check in. ITS THAT SIMPLE.

I'm getting tired of the lack of intelligence these geniuses seem to have. If you want to make an episode that focuses on character development, don't get too focused on the characters because then you make mistakes such as this. THATS RIGHT I'M TALKING TO YOU, WRITERS!!!!
                          i suggest you change viewing habits to 'big brother' if you want to watch people sitting around and talking ***** for 5.5 hours
                          sigpic
                          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                          -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
                            But why take a doctor? What sense did that make? (minor) quibbles.
                            Dr Keller is there to explain to the locals the environmental effects left by the mining operation have on their health.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Well, they can either dump everything and hope that the box doesn't collapse in the next 5.5 hours, or they can keep some of the stuff and attempt to escape before the box collapses.

I think both options makes sense, and knowing the trio, I doubt they'll just sit on their hands hoping the next few tremors won't shake the box loose. They'll do something about it, which means they'll need the stuff.
                              They did thought about waiting it out, but after they saw the super structure of the minimg facility from across the chasm and when a tremor hit, they made the assumption that the platform they fell into is built in the same manner as what they saw from acrosss the chasm. That thought made them question the stability of the platform. The extra weight they added to the platform plus the impact of their fall can weaken the structure further, and they have no idea how bad or good that super structure is.

Comment

I thought they would find the reason for the tremors, and then shut it off and save everyone. But what I'm wondering is why didn't the whole hill did'nt cave in.

Comment

Working...
                                X