No announcement yet.

Did anybody else...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this was one of their better episodes. It was pure character interaction, which is something that Stargate (both of them) has been lacking. This also brought SGA back to a time early on in SG-1 when there was no advanced technology to rely on, no BC-304 in orbit ready to beam them out of any danger (a problem that became more pronounced in the later years).

I thought the characters were mostly themselves, but with enough grit during crunch time that we got to cheer along with them and their successes. Also, I thought the script showed at least decent intelligence when they showed Keller shovelling out the dirt after explicity mentioning how heavy it was. I always enjoy little touches like that.

But the character interaction, and especially the actor interaction, made this episode very enjoyable. It remindeed me of SG-1s Solitudes and Abyss, great shows that feature actors and not visual effects.

And so those of you who don't like, kindly please exit stage left
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I didn't like it either. In fact, I think it was the worst ep in SGA ever. Also, by reading through those 12 pages of the review thread, I get the feeling people who disliked it are actually the majority. Well, I could be wrong, dunno.

Already looking forward to next weeks episode. I'll just pretend there never was anything titled 'Trio' in the Stargate franchise

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        just another SGA episode...boring and predictable
        So why even watch it if you hate it so much?

It just boggles the mind...

There are so much others things you could be doing than sitting around and watching an hour of something you hate so very much, and then going on a forum and complaining about how much you hate it.
        These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Sure, it could be considered boring, character episodes usually are. BUT there were 'splosions and stunts and cgi and bar tricks. I don't know about you, but the bar trick and the cannon were cool and unexpected. Well, once you saw the gas, you knew Rodney'd use it as a propulsion source for something. Carter's hooks... not so much.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The episode wasn't bad, nor particullarly boring. Some parts dragged, but for the most part it was an engaging, see how they get out of this one, episode. Sure, we all knew the hook wouldn't work, and neither would the boxes. But seriosuly, how many TV shows leave you fooled the entire episode?

So while I generally don't like these types of episodes - fillers arn't my thing, I thought this was a decent episode. Better then Harmony, and I didn't like Quarantine much either. This and 'Outcast' were steps back in the right direction since we had the mess after the wonderful mid-season arc.

Comment

You guys probably didn't like it because this is a sci-fi show and there was no sci-fi in this ep. I liked it though, because in the end Rodney saved the day and got the girls

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
                How is starting a thread for the people who didn't like the episode seem like I'm acting as if everybody hates it? I know 99% of the people loved it! But this is a thread for those of us who didn't! Like you said everybody should be able to respect everybody else's opinions, so let us state ours please. And I'm sorry if it seemed rude to those of you who liked it.
                When a thread title is "Did anyone else not like it?" it is not a thread just for negative opinions. If you want a thread for negative opinions only, state it in the thread title (Misgivings and complaints only). People generally will respect it. The thread asks a question that anyone, fan or not, can answer as it is posted now.

Couple of things:

1.) How many episodes aren't truly predictable? Seriously. Of course I knew going in that they were all going to get out in the nick of time the same way I know Rodney is going to save the day in a nick of time.

2.) The episode was about character interaction, and there was some great interaction. The show needs episodes like this to develop the characters. I like the action packed episode as much as the next fan, but doing nothing but action, believe it or not, will make the show stale after some length of time.

3.) Not every episode can be explore a larger arc. Well, they can, but then the show runs out of ideas sooner. A handful of fillers here and there do well to extend the life of the show as well.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Yes, I stated in an earlier post that it was a stupid episode. They have completely wandered off the story line and anything which has remotely to do with Stargate, Atlantis or space in general. The only thing I enjoyed was to see Sam bounce off the floor that many times.
                  And the Zalenka bashing was completely uncalled for. Sam was implying that he was a creep?

And hopefully Jenks wont give me more Red for saying this.
                  sigpic

Comment

Owwkaay, this episode has old Sg1 in it all the way, purely character driven, nothing more or nothing less. The ep shows what happens without high tech equipment in a certain situation. I am glad they don't get beamed away, would be too easy, having a grapplinghook-gun with them would be too easy and this is an ep which you either like or dislike

and to be honoust; if you dislike it , is it worse than The Tower???My opinion, nothing can get worse than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                      So why even watch it if you hate it so much?

It just boggles the mind...

There are so much others things you could be doing than sitting around and watching an hour of something you hate so very much, and then going on a forum and complaining about how much you hate it.

I spent only 5 or 10 minutes by watching "Trio"
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                        The ep shows what happens without high tech equipment in a certain situation. I am glad they don't get beamed away, would be too easy, having a grapplinghook-gun with them would be too easy and this is an ep which you either like or dislike
                        Exactly. There was no Daedalus Ex Machina in this episode, which is so much awesome.

and to be honoust; if you dislike it , is it worse than The Tower???My opinion, nothing can get worse than that.
                        Indeed. Same with Wormhole Xtreme! I can't stand the thought of that episode to actually watch it.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by o-0 View Post
                          You guys probably didn't like it because this is a sci-fi show and there was no sci-fi in this ep. I liked it though, because in the end Rodney saved the day and got the girls
                          I liked it, and in my eyes it is still scifi (they are in Pegasus on another planet), but even in scifi they are still humans from our time, not from the future, it makes it all more real, they get dirty, they break a leg, they aren't as clinically clean as in Star Trek, their clothes are wrinkled. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                            Exactly. There was no Daedalus Ex Machina in this episode, which is so much awesome.
                            no, there was something much worse than this. Off-Screen Ex Machina
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                              no, there was something much worse than this. Off-Screen Ex Machina
                              How did that happen?
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L View Post
                                Yes, I stated in an earlier post that it was a stupid episode. They have completely wandered off the story line and anything which has remotely to do with Stargate, Atlantis or space in general. The only thing I enjoyed was to see Sam bounce off the floor that many times.
                                And the Zalenka bashing was completely uncalled for. Sam was implying that he was a creep.
                                Actually it was Keller that implied he was a creep. I agree, completely uncalled for in the episode. Sam tried to recover from her comments about being stuck in an elevator with Zelenka but McKay and Keller had already zero'd in on her hesitation and went in for the kill, the justification to bash Zelenka was that everything was a competition. However the whole conversation didn't go off very well and was poorly done. Probably would have been okay if Keller hadn't made the comments that she did without clarifying the context of when Zelenka made the comments about her hair.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X