Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an average episode, Not bad but not great aswell. For me it felt abit slow and unsignificant.
    But still its not as bad as some epsiodes, and is still keeping series 4 strong.
    But soething about it just did not amke it feel like Stargate Atlantis? Maybe it was because two of the main 3 characters in his ep where from SG-1? or maybe because there was no Sheppard? (well he popped in but not for very long)

What would have been good is if this epsiode took place as "Outcast" was happening. So at the start of the Episode you see John and Ronan walk through the gate but from Sams office point of view, inwhich they start talking about the planets issues.
    Just an idea?

Apart from that some good moments and quotes, like Mckay always trying to get the Sams and Kellers tops off and "Don't step into the light!"

However whats with Keller and Mckay now? I thought she was in to Ronan? Maybe a Ronan vs Mckay fight off? I also did not like how they all talked about Zelenka! Sam not liking him is a shock! I felt bad for him.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I don't often say this... but I found this episode rather lacklustre overall and it's not because I'm averse to claustrophobic stories either... I loved 38 Minutes. But for some reason these three thrown together in jeopardy didn't do much for me. I kept waiting and waiting for something really exciting to happen... some kind of discovery about the Genii or the people of that settlement. All we got, was a lot of shaking, falling and rope stuff. And talk... lots of talk. Not exciting talk either.
      The only redeeming factor for me was Keller's characterization... she seemed a lot less whiny here... Strange... when there was so much opportunity to whine too.
      I don't mind filler episodes but I hate it when they actually live up to their name.

Edited: After posting my comments here and then going back to read what other have to say, I found some of the comments here much more entertaining than the actual episode itself.
      Last edited by Easter Lily; 10 February 2008, 04:28 AM.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        That is not quite so obvious to some of us. She merely asked him to have a drink with her.

If you think that was whiny, wait until you see some of the S1-3 eps. You haven't seen whiny yet.

DITTO!!

I had a laugh at that too. And the fact that they magically use 8x11 paper. And the "red is bad" comment. Really? That's a universal concept?
        Yes, "red is bad" is universal.....remember that if you ever go off into space. DON'T PRESS THE RED BUTTON. Or run if you hear the "red alert" or see a Delvians eyes turn red. Its just one of those universal mysteries.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I finally got to watch the episode!!
          Gero you are the best of the best!! Awesome episode!

It was hilarious! So much touching between the three characters and so many funny quotes.

With Keller complaining almost as much as Rodney, Rodney was seen in a good light and that was a very good thing. I think I'm starting to appreciate Jen/Rodney... wherever they writers are leading them. Those two are very similar yes but I find it entertaining to watch.

It's amazing to see Rodney actually do team work and not complain about it. He actually just refused one thing...to tie the knots on the rope but in the end still does it. He didn't offer to climb on the crates but to me he was too heavy so that was not an option.

Him trying to impress the girls with the grappling hook but failing miserably, I was trying not to watch how bad he was at it.

Jen is behind very nice to him, maybe because she is just as helpless as he is. Which reminds me I was a bit mad that Jen wasn't doing anything useful when Rodney and Sam were trying to open the doors.
          Rodney helps Sam without questions to open the red door. He helps place the crates, goes into physical action to realize Jen's idea and he even pulls on ropes! Rodney is even more lovable than before. A true hero!! (Harmony painting in my mind)

Shippy episode or friendship episode?
          A bit of both.
          Jen taking her clothes off for Rodney!! (the funniest thing ever! Rodney couldn't believe it himself) Sam was cleaver to bring the rope before Jen took her top off...Rodney was sooo disappointed!

Loved the girls listening to Rodney as he told them about his failed marriage proposal to Katie (She requested to transfer back to Earth. That's sad. Poor thing). Noticed how Sam was in shock that Rodney actually proposed to someone!! Yep this is a new Rodney!
          Old Rodney is still here though, the breast comment and the rambling about who of the two had the best body was annoying but still funny- that's the purpose of the McKay character.

The part about Zelenka...so the ladies find him creepy? He told Keller he hair smells nice? That's so funny!
          Rodney just has to mention that Sam prefers him over Radek! hehe, it'a all about the competition!

I loved the team building exercice that Jen created thanks to her bar trick. Cooperation and action. Sam was so close to the exit and everything had to collapse to make the situation more desperate.
          Rodney was so scared for Sam. She fell twice from very high, brook her leg then Jen tells him she has one hour before it gets serious... that's usually when Rodney has some insane idea that saves the day! THE CANON! They should warn kids not to do that at home!

Finally, I loved how despite the pain in his hands Rodney didn't let go of the rope when Jen was hanging down the hole, and he refused to leave without Sam. (shipper squee) The famous no one gets left behind motto.

About Jen asking Rodney for a beer in the last scene. ..
          Well, after all the great work Rodney did, and saving the two girls lives, I would have bought him a beer too.
          Is Jen into Rodney? I do believe she likes him as a person...now if she had to chose between him and Ronon? Well, I don't know what her type is...I know I would go for Rodney!!!
          I just love the last scene between the two of them. Rodney is not good at this but she still wants to have a drink with him and by the way she said it, I thought date. We will have to see if there's any mention of it later on.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
            However whats with Keller and Mckay now? I thought she was in to Ronan? Maybe a Ronan vs Mckay fight off?
            Keller doesnt seem to be into committed relationships. Ronan and Mckay wouldnt actually be classified as one night stands, since she sees them every day. Kellar seems to be more of a 'Friends with benefits' type of woman. We dont know how Ronan or Rodney feel about passing each other outside of her room, but if Kellar is cool with it, so be it.

D

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
              "You are not very good at this are you?" which I believe to mean not good at the flirty going on a date kinda thing.
              That's exactly what I think might be making people see it as a date. It's the way she said Not very good at this that gives it the flirty sort of feeling. I can see where the confusion comes from but as to how TPTB meant it, I do not know. It'd be cool to see some character conflict between Rodney and Ronan. I really do hope Ronan and Keller get some exploration though.

As for pervert!Rodney, I expected no less from him. It would have been the same thing I'd have suggested. I imagine him as having been a teen/20 something who never got much in the way of action so...Kinda makes me wonder if him and Katie had a ... active relationship giving that he was going to propose.

I think the episode was a let down. The last 3 or so have been for me. It wasn't as choccablocked with character moments as it had been advertised. Sure, it had it's cute moments. Would you rather and the discussion of Katie but it just felt so cute short. Like there wasn't enough.
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Decent episode, like the last few, fillers. I really hope the next ep isn't a filler, all of them doesn't have to be story moving, but better if they are story-related. The character interactions were funny at times, but they could have been longer. I laughed when he asked Sam to show her 's. The story was moving rather slow, could have done more. I think there should have been more technology involved, and this would have been a good oppertunity to bring back technosam, Sam behaves so differentley now, she feels much more sarcastic and not as from SG-1. Also Rodney and Kellers little talk felt a bit weird, ''You're not very good at this are you? '' and ''Do you want to have a drink with me or not?'' It feels as if she should have said, ''You wanna have a drink or not?'' the 'with me' part felt as if it was a date. Though I doubt keller would date Mckay, isn't there a big age gap aswell? Hoping for the best next week.
                Last edited by Aethon; 12 February 2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

So we join Carter, McKay and Keller in their quest to negotiate with the leaders of a village on a mining planet when they fall into an abandoned room in a old Genii cavern, woohoo!

It was interesting to see the three co-operate and how manly McKay is at volunteering himself to climb the crate pyramid for example and I got to admit, in this episode, Carter reminded me of Colonel Mitchell (from SG-1).

In the next attempt to get out of there by making a hook and rope. Keller was ready to strip her uniform to form the rope when carter manage to find rope... boy wasn't McKay disappointed.

The kids were really annoying and stupid, they were like typical kids around my neighbourhood and they deserve to be banished from all of time. As McKay right said, "BRATS!".

Also included in this scene, McKay finally learnt what was meant when one says, "I need some me time". Oh well, another lesson learnt. When McKay tried to throw the hook, he was showing off his manliness unfortunately, it didn't quite work, ahh how he let men down everywhere! LOL While Carter could throw it so easily but no hookage. Nice try Carter and a nice attempt McKay, lol

The third attempt to get out, using the pub trick, it could have worked if the crate wasn't too heavy, or if Keller was used and she jumped up from the intersection. Ah well, good attempt either way.

I gotta admit, this would make a good team building exercise, you know those stupid teambuilding exercises that some schools and businesses make their employees go through? Well this is perfect, get 5 or 6 people into one room and make them find a way to get out of that room via the hole on top of the room.

Then attempt four where McKay turns into MacGuyver! making a canon from an old gas-line. Unfortunately that didn't work out too well either, lol

My favourite bit in the episode is definitely this:

Keller: Wait wait wait wait wait wait! Don't pull me up!"
                  McKay: What? Why?
                  Keller: I see light!
                  McKay: No no no no! Don't go towards the light you want to stay in the land of the living!
                  Keller: No, daylight!

ROFLMAO

McKay really prove himself in this episode and I really enjoyed this episode! Funny and a real blast!

9/10 indeed. Though did Keller just ask McKay out on a date or was it just for a drink? I think it's the latter cos if it was a date then wow, keller is such a slut! lol

Comment

I must admit it:I couldn't stand Trio.

That is, I've been loving Season 4, but the last few eps have been real filler, did the writers on SGA have a little strike of their own and they asked the guy who delivers the soft drinks to write a few eps?

I didn't mind Outcast, but Quarantine was a big meh, Harmony was a terrible retread of all the Renaissance Fayre type societies that I thought we had left behind us, and now Trio was a big ol' ball of what the hell is going on and why should I care.

I doubt anyone ever thought any of our 'Trio' (eyeroll) was in ANY real danger. Whenever they kill off an important character, they always make an incredible song and dance about it, it is AN EPISODE WHICH MATTERS!! During the episode, that is; afterwards it's Carson who?
                    So I was sitting there, watching the three stooges for the new century trying to figure their way out of a box - I could predict the whole episode, and in fact I did.
                    Rodney would act like an idiot? Check.
                    Keller would step up to the plate? Check.
                    Sam would do everything perfectly, but still get hurt? Check.

That Rodney redeems himself by saving them is immaterial - in the meantime, his characterization has taken a wonderful (sarcastic here) turn: yes, he is the 40-year-old virgin, or at least, so socially inept that he might as well be.
                    And, that's what the whole episode was for? That, and showing off Bridge's awesome box on gimbals or whatever they're called?

Dear PTB, the show is called STARGATE Atlantis. Remember the STARGATE? I make no secret of the fact that I prefer arc episodes to stand-alones, but even then, when I enjoy the stand-alones, they have to be about something that I give a crap about (I enjoyed Missing, for example).

The only thing which would have improved the episode was Sheppard asking about the people of Planet Waste-of-time-and-effort, with the answer, coming form our Trio: "We've decided we couldn't give a crap: if the children have no problem with leaving three people to die, God knows what the adults are like!"

Comment

Originally posted by arjumand View Post
                      The only thing which would have improved the episode was Sheppard asking about the people of Planet Waste-of-time-and-effort, with the answer, coming form our Trio: "We've decided we couldn't give a crap: if the children have no problem with leaving three people to die, God knows what the adults are like!"
                      Welcome to my neighbourhood.. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                        Welcome to my neighbourhood.. I'm serious.
                        Can I just say, I love your username and theme, and I am a big Torchwood fan too? I just really want the Jack/Ianto shenanigans to kick off already? Come on you guys, we're all waiting!

Regarding P3XWaste-of-space and its lovely citizenry, I feel for you! I also don't dispute that there are neighbours of mine who would have acted in exactly the same way - which just goes to show, this is what SGA is being reduced to: wacky kids' antics! What's next, a laugh track?

Wait, I'm sorry, this episode was all about character development - As the Stargate Whooshes. Actually, how come the real As the World Turns (and Torchwood and even fricking Smallville) has the guts to show gay characters when the SGA producers don't? Oh yes, it's because SGA doesn't focus on characters' romantic/sexual attachments, whether straight or gay. How could I have forgotten that?

I love SGA. But sometimes (and this is one of these times) I get really pissed off at it.

Comment

Ahh well, it's only a show. There's nothing we can do, TPTB don't/won't listen and they're running into the exact problem that Star Trek Enterprise experienced, producers drunk with power and they believe they know what we viewers want and that we don't know what we want. In the end, that destroyed the show and the series was cancelled.

Comment

Oy...look guys, you need to understand that the reason that TPTB isn't "listening to us" is because we all want different things. Who the heck should they listen to if everyone wants something different?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Oy...look guys, you need to understand that the reason that TPTB isn't "listening to us" is because we all want different things. Who the heck should they listen to if everyone wants something different?
                              Isnt it obvious. They should listen to ME

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                                Isnt it obvious. They should listen to ME
                                I guess Atlantis won't get past a 5th season
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X