This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
    One memorable line was when Todd said "There can only be one" and I immediately thought Highlander...
    Could it also have been the numerous commercials for Highlander: Source DVDs or whatever it was?

Comment

It was an alright episode, but I was expecting more. To me it just seemed so...well, slow. Top it off with an less then exciting battle and I was left a little dissapointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        ".

Hoff - how excellent to pull out an S1 story that had been dropped to explain what was happening and pave the way to Carson. Loved the red-herring kids.

Todd - my love knows no bounds. He always seems amused by the humans to the point of teasing Sheppard and Ronon ("Perhaps next time" Hee!).

The Athosians - it makes me sad to think they have all been turned into Michael's bug people although I suspected as much from The Seer. I hope they can be returned to normal.

Who were the guys guarding Carson? Just Wraith worshippers in some uniform?
        I liked how they revisted the Hoffans too. I'm glad they finally put a end (no matter how tragic) to other storylines they develop.

I liked that with Todd to. Kind of friendly enemies, but Todd seemed pretty worried when Ronan said they were there to kill him, his voice kind of changed octaves.

Stuff in bold: I thought they were part of Teylas people gaurding Carson.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
          And your point is? They could have made a mistake...
          So? That could have led some people, like me, to think of stuff that actually wasn't in the plot line.

Comment

I'm pretty sure SciFi just took advantage of the fact that Carson was in this episode to try and boost the ratings. I think we can all agree that the ratings for this ep are gonna be a little higher than some recent episodes.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              I'm pretty sure SciFi just took advantage of the fact that Carson was in this episode to try and boost the ratings. I think we can all agree that the ratings for this ep are gonna be a little higher than some recent episodes.
              After that stunt this ep better pull in similar ratings to "Midway"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                What I find most interesting is that inginuity like that is a hallmark of humanity. Maybe the retrovirus has given him a way to combine both human and Wraith styles of thought... creating truly terrifying possibilities.
                Well, he said it himself. He is a hybrid. Part human, part wraith. Because of that he is simply deadly. Not in a ruthless barabian way, but in a cunning, smart, and dare I say it, even in my opinion, in a compassionate sort of manner. He is not someone I would want to anger. The possibilities for his character are vast, I cannot wait to see where this story line goes.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  After that stunt this ep better pull in similar ratings to "Midway"
                  Well it's really only gotta get up to 1.3 to be a considerable jump. I think 1.4 is a pretty reasonable expectation.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Disclaimer:Jelgate is not responisble for any spoilers you may read
                    Jelgate's Two Cents

I know I have said it before but this episode was fantastic. It had everything: action, space battle, character interaction (ie McKay/Teyla), twists, and the return of a demented villain.

Where do I begin this review?

I guess the best place is the beginning? It was obvious at the beginning that Teyla was having a dream, but that didn't take away the enjoyment of the scene. I congratulate RL for really making Teyla's angst over Kanan's death believable. I know men aren't suppose cry but I almost had a few tears their (waits for red).

I laughed so hard with the McKay/Teyla scenes. It’s a long overdue that we should see some interaction between these two. The present he presented was hilarious. I am a little scared to imagine what would happen if Teyla had actually put a recording on McKay talking to her fetus. One McKay is enough, thank you very much.

Everyone loves a mystery right, that’s what the first half of the episode was. We had two mysteries that strangely connected. The continued mystery was of the Athosians was able to keep my attention. Teyla can be a ruthless person when she wants. Holding a knife to a person’s throat is not something everyone can do. I'll admit that I don't see the attraction that some fans have to Lorrne but he had a very good stunt when chasing the merchant. I wonder how much that hurt when Teyla tripped him. I have to say that it seems like he gave in way to early. Michael certainly was cunning in that he was able to steal Teyla and only Teyla

I was surprised that the virus attacking the Pegasus Galaxy involved the Hoffan drug. It good to bring continuity into the story but when Keller said we had seen this virus before, my first thought was the retrovirus just because spoilers told me that Michael was involved. We all know that Michael was able to obtain and use the virus because of Beckett, but my question is why he would do such a thing and if force was a factor in the progress.

I have to say Michael is trying a very ambitious endeavor. Committing genocide is no small task. But he leaves a lot of question to be answered. How was he able to eliminate feeding? Why are the Athosians helping him? Is Kanan doing this of his free will or has Michael done a little brainwashing. How was Michael able to communicate over vast differences? Lucky for me, I love a mystery and have faith that many of these questions will be answered.

I almost forgot to mention our little Wraith friend. What I truly love about this guy is that he is SGA version of Ba'al and Yu. He wouldn't stop to stab us in the back, but will help us when it serves his purpose. It doesn't surprise me that the Wraith stole Todd's Midway information. As it was stated in SoW, Todd is losing his credibility among the Wraith. Lucky for us he was able to find Michaels’s location, ever if we were a bit early.

Who can not help but love to see Col. Caldwell and his ship in an Atlantis episode? One thing that bothers me is why didn't he shoot the beam weapons at the Wraith cruiser at first? They are obviously superior to one Wraith cruiser. If they used them then maybe the Wraith cruiser wouldn't have gotten away.

I felt like I was watching an old fashioned Stargate. We storm the building with P-90’s and try to save our people. I would like to take this minute to gloat. I knew that when the team opened the door we would see Beckett followed by these words we all hate. As said before their are many question that need to be answered. I can't wait to see what happens in next week's episode. Congrats to whoever wrote this episode? It rivals BAMSR as my favorite S4 episode.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                      But how did Todd/Michael find out about the Hoffan's drug research?
                      Carson. He's the one that created the original virus in Poisoning the Well (nice bit of irony there).

So is Michael creating human-Wraith hybrids now instead of the bug creatures? Weird. I thought that Michael looked more human than before. He also has human eyes now. Kanaan's now part Wraith! How crushing for Teyla. How did Michael convince the Athosians to serve him? Something's going on there. I hope that the Athoians are normal and not all human/Wraith hybrids.
                      The human-Wraith hybrids are the next step in his "bug creatures". They are stronger than humans (able to fight the Wraith) but don't need to feed. Like a modified version of Ford.

I think that either Michael was lying about the Athosians serving him (except for Kanaan) or he has turned them all into his new army. *is sad for Jinto*

Does Michael eat regular food now?
                      Seems like it. How else would he survive?

Does he still live forever or at least not age?
                      Good question.

What is with the Replicator Beckett thing for next week? I hope this is just misinformation like most clips give and he isn't really a Replicator. Plus, I'm sure everyone will be furious with the "Beckett in the flesh" promise. I hope either there is more than one Beckett (Human and Replicator) or it's just to throw people off. So are the Asurans invovled in next week's conclusion or something? Why was there a scene of Beckett in a stasis pod?

Vala,
                      I think (since it was dialogue) that they were guessing as to how it could be Carson. The last time they ran into duplicates (This Mortal Coil) they were replicator manufactured humans so I think it would be reasonable for them to suspect that. I missed the stasis pod bit.

Personal opinion on part 2
                      Spoiler:
                      I think Carson is a clone. I think Michael had his DNA from their time together in Misbegotten. We already know from Spoils of War that the Wraith have cloning technology. Hence our Carson in the flesh. Just not the original. However, I am stuck on how he has Carson's memories. I guess that will be a surprise next week.

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      My guess is Michael is somehow the father... in an obscene Wraith way.
                      I don't think so. They went out of their way to point out Kanaan has Wraith DNA like Teyla. I think Kanaan is really the father. I think Michael sees potential in having a child born that has not been altered like the other Athosians. He will be able to take his experiments to the next level. Perhaps Kanaan was the only Athosian Michael has been able to alter since he has "the gift".
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by poland626 View Post
                        So? That could have led some people, like me, to think of stuff that actually wasn't in the plot line.
                        Well, that should teach you not to take SciFi's promos seriously, as the people who do them are a bunch of morons.

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
                          Well, he said it himself. He is a hybrid. Part human, part wraith. He is perhaps one of the most complex characters on this whole show and I cannot wait to see where this story line goes.
                          An hybrid made out of worst characteristics of two different races, Wraith and human. Combined with the fact he is royally pOed at both Wraith and Atlantis. He is smart, to the fifth degree, extremly resourcefull, (only behind macguyver).

So with all those evil characteristics I just hope the writers write a great plot for him.

Comment

Hey jelgate, cannot Green you, but hopefully other folks will. An excellent review and I totally agree.

I think Michael has become a very dynamic enemy, and this whole partnership with Todd is enough to raise a few eye brows, if the Wraith had eyebrows.

Like I said above, a great episode, shows a darker tone with Teyla, Michael, and Kanaan. Oh and one alive Carson Beckett. It sucks that we all read spoilers and SCI FI basically ruined the shock at the end for a lot of folks. But say we didn't know. The team thought they would find Teyla only to find Carson, lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                              I don't think so. They went out of their way to point out Kanaan has Wraith DNA like Teyla. I think Kanaan is really the father. I think Michael sees potential in having a child born that has not been altered like the other Athosians. He will be able to take his experiments to the next level. Perhaps Kanaan was the only Athosian Michael has been able to alter since he has "the gift".
                              That was just to make us believe that the vision was genuine, I think.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                                Stuff in bold: I thought they were part of Teylas people gaurding Carson.
                                I thought so at first, but the guy Sheppard flipped over was not a hybrid like Kanaan and he was wearing some kind of uniform - not Athosian or Wraith. Kind of looked Genii to me but it could just be random.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Congrats to whoever wrote this episode? It rivals BAMSR as my favorite S4 episode.
                                That would be JM and PM.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana
                                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                                X