Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    I'm sure it will. I much perfer 'Revenge of the Scot'.
    How about 007: Carson Returns! "My name is Beckett, Carson Beckett."
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

is it possible that these googlians can breathe life from thoughts and memories...? would be new to Stargate and it's possible it's a temporary thing and he becomes an advisor/liason much like Jacob Carter, thus maintaining a sci-fi feel concept and a lot of stories can see him every now and again post season 4?
      The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        The Highlander returns .

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Nice one. He even has the Sean Connary accent down. Er, sorta
          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            The Highlander returns .
            Now THAT'S a great title

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
              is it possible that these googlians can breathe life from thoughts and memories...? would be new to Stargate and it's possible it's a temporary thing and he becomes an advisor/liason much like Jacob Carter, thus maintaining a sci-fi feel concept and a lot of stories can see him every now and again post season 4?
              The title is TEMPORARY. It doesn't have anything to do with the story; it's just a filler until they can get an 'offical' title.

Comment

Now THAT'S a great title

It is . Sounds so much better than this whole google thing they got so far. I wonder how much the google guys paid TPTB to actually name an ep after them?

Comment

It is . Sounds so much better than this whole google thing they got so far. I wonder how much the google guys paid TPTB to actually name an ep after them?
                  It's *temporary*!! Repeat after me, TEMPORARY!! TEMPORARY!!!!!!

TEMPORAR--*faints*

Comment

Don't waste your energy, lemon; nobody's listening. Well, except for the people who already know better, of course. They're the ones with the sore necks from all the nodding in agreement.

Comment

^ LOL! Some people...*sigh*

Comment

It's *temporary*!! Repeat after me, TEMPORARY!! TEMPORARY!!!!!!

TEMPORAR--*faints*
                        So what is is you're actually saying, Lemon? Can you give me a clue as I don't think I understand what you're inferring. Could you repeat it for me, just very slowly so that I understand. *runs and hides from lemon who's about to have a kaniption fit*

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                          So what is is you're actually saying, Lemon? Can you give me a clue as I don't think I understand what you're inferring. Could you repeat it for me, just very slowly so that I understand. *runs and hides from lemon who's about to have a kaniption fit*
                          It's just that people keep thinking that Rise of the Googlions is the acutal episode title, not just a "temporary" place-holder one. I just got a bit frustrated...and...yeah.

Comment

It's just that people keep thinking that Rise of the Googlions is the acutal episode title, not just a "temporary" place-holder one. I just got a bit frustrated...and...yeah.
                            Well, it is a bit frustrating to see folks who've been around a while and who really should know better running around complaining about "Googlions" and how stupid it is or that it's inappropriate or that it shouldn't be referring to Google or whatever. It's one thing if newbies do it because they probably don't know any better, but folks who've been around long enough to see the placeholder titles before? And they're complaining? Why??

I can see not liking what the title implies (I think I was quite disgusted by some of the implications of "Delicious Fat Guy"), but to object to the wording itself?

Of course on the other hand there's probably also an implied distrust of the producers and a fear/belief that they might use something stupid like that as an actual title. I can definitely understand that fear. But I think "Googlions" is too pop culture a reference for it to be a concern.

And I'm still betting on it being about killer librarians. Rise of the Archivists, maybe, or Revenge of the Librarians. Out of Circulation. Database Error. Or if it's about Carson, maybe Second Edition or Information Retrieval or just something generic like Recall.

Lots of possibilities, and that's assuming I'm anywhere near the right track.

Comment

I think they should rename this to "The Rise of the Nintendos" . God knows how Jack O'Neill can find those jokes . Which episode was that one again? One where Daniel was very feisty to go back to a certain planet.

Guys, no need to have a nervous breakdown . I simply stated the similarity between this title and google. If people don't fancy google i can always use "Rise of the Yahoos, or Rise of Altavista" .

Comment

I think they should rename this to "The Rise of the Nintendos" . God knows how Jack O'Neill can find those jokes . Which episode was that one again? One where Daniel was very feisty to go back to a certain planet.

Guys, no need to have a nervous breakdown . I simply stated the similarity between this title and google. If people don't fancy google i can always use "Rise of the Yahoos, or Rise of Altavista" .
                                THe episode was Crystal Skull, where they were talking about...something that sounds like Nintendos passing through them. I think.

No not the Vista! Anything but that!

Comment

Working...
                                X