Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Kindred" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Ctrl F-ed 'CG' in Joe's blog, but there's nothing there. But I think it's from another source? The one that has more spoilers?

Edit: I'm too tired to still know what I'm saying. I'm surprised that my brain even still speaks English. (3.30 in the morning-ish)

Night.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

You do realize that you don't get every blog entry on the main page of the blog, right? There are hundreds of entries.

And the one you're looking for is this one:

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-16-2007.html

Comment

I'm pretty sure the quote you're looking for from Joe M's blog is from waaaaay back. Like months back, when they were filming stuff.

I don't think they're going to kill Todd. What was the point of letting him 'escape' in Spoils of War if they were just going to kill him anyway? No, I think they know they've hit gold with this character and are going to keep him around for a long while. He's so useful! He's one of those awesome grey characters, where you don't know if they're going to help you or hurt you when they show up.
        sigpic
        It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          You do realize that you don't get every blog entry on the main page of the blog, right? There are hundreds of entries.

I knew you'd come up with it! I almost typed 'PG15 will find it' in my entry, but then I stopped myself. I didn't want to pressure you.
          sigpic

Comment

It helped that I remember him mentioning it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Oooh, it's *that* old? Nothing much to worry about, then. And you're *that* PG15? Lol. And did they say Kindred I was ep 4x14? Huh?

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
              I'm pretty sure the quote you're looking for from Joe M's blog is from waaaaay back. Like months back, when they were filming stuff.

I don't think they're going to kill Todd. What was the point of letting him 'escape' in Spoils of War if they were just going to kill him anyway? No, I think they know they've hit gold with this character and are going to keep him around for a long while. He's so useful! He's one of those awesome grey characters, where you don't know if they're going to help you or hurt you when they show up.
              Thanks Froggy, I needed some positive input. Now let's hope you're correct about it.

Night.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Thanks Froggy, I needed some positive input. Now let's hope you're correct about it.

Night.
                That's what I'm here for. G'night!
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'm *that* PG15. What are you implying?

Yeah, they had to shoot Kindred fairly early since Rachel would've had to go on maternity leave fairly soon. In fact, Harmony and Outcast were shot as 418 and 419 (I think), when Rachel had already left.

Comment

Thanks, all!!

Well, that refererence to 'CG' Wraith doesn't help at all, other then to indicate that Todd will probably be in The Kindred - at least in part 1. Dang. I sure hope you all are right in thinking Todd is too valuable a character to kill off so soon...if ever. Still, it doesn't stop me from worrying...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

let me guess, if todd gets killed off, there's gonna be some ****** who stop watching the show

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith View Post
                        let me guess, if todd gets killed off, there's gonna be some ****** who stop watching the show
                        Nah, that's if Mckay gets killed off. If Todd gets killed off, I may have to cry myself to sleep for a while. Write some angry letters, become one of those annoying fans that's always yelling "WHY?!?!? *sob*". Stop watching, though? That seems extreme....
                        sigpic

Comment

Eh, some of us will probably just lose interest. Todd's the reason I began following the show again (though I've picked up more reasons since).

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                          When I was thinking about that a few hours ago, I actually thought that it would have been best if they took a faced Wraith, cos they have the tendency to hopefully be more stupid (clones), and they're just built for following orders?
                          Yeah, I've thought that too. They really were idiots for going after Michael instead. xD

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          I guess I'm really afraid they'll kill off Todd, which would be totally sucky. Also, since I love the Wraith so much, this new development is making not like Michael at all...so...yeah...I'm kinda scared about what's going to happen in the next few episodes, because Joe M. said we will need hankies for them, which indicates we'll be crying over some of the things that are going to happen at the end of this season.
                          I don't think we, the wraith fans, need to be overly worried about that need for hankies, since I would assume that wraith characters really aren't universally adored. It's probably referring to characters somewhat less... dark.

And don't let yourself hate Michael for this. He's got a fairly serious reason to have gone genocidal on his "people." And don't forget that Todd was wanting to go wage war on the rest of the Wraith himself.

L I V E J O U R N A L
                          because I tend to disappear

Comment

Originally posted by Sokar_The_Wraith
                            I would be very unhappy if they killed off Todd, since he's the one who got me watching the show (before Todd, I was only half-heartedly interested in SGA - hubby was a fan, but I wasn't - not until Common Ground). Because of Todd, I came to see the Wraith in a different light, and - after re-watching the previous seasons, have come to love the Wraith in general.

So - killing Todd off wouldn't make me stop watching (though I would be very unhappy about it), but killing off ALL the Wraith would. Characters like Todd, and even early ones like Steve (gotta love Steve), have made the Wraith so much more interesting than the one-dimensional creepy life-sucking bugmen we first thought them to be. First time in ages I've been excited about the development of alien characters in a sci fi show, and I must admit to tiring of all the 'kill off the Wraith' themes in SGA episodes.

I'd much rather see more episodes that continue to show Wraith character development (hopefully through Todd, and perhaps others), which eventually leads to a permanent (albeit, shaky) alliance between a FEW Wraith, and the humans. Wouldn't want to see ALL Wraith turn 'good guys', but to have a hive or two on somewhat friendly terms with the Lanteans (on a continued basis) would make me very happy. Wouldn't want them to be overly trustworthy, but I'm SO ready to have a small faction of Wraith at least trying to find a way to co-exist with humans, as long as they are still able to keep their unpredictable edge.

das
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inanna View Post
                              And don't let yourself hate Michael for this. He's got a fairly serious reason to have gone genocidal on his "people." And don't forget that Todd was wanting to go wage war on the rest of the Wraith himself.
                              I agree; Mikey has perfectly good reasons to turn into "Dr. Evil" as some have resorted to calling him. I mean, anyone would be a little tetchy after what he went through. Poor Mikey just needs some loooovvvveee <3

Comment

Hah, Sheppard called him that. XD

Is it even clear that his goal is to take over the galaxy? From what I gather, his priority is simply self-defense. And after that, vengeance. Probably against the galaxy at large, but bitterness and hatred as a driving force is entirely different from a parodic desire for conquest. Here's a guy who's had his entirely life turned upside down, who's been remade in the image of his enemy (and knows it), betrayed several times, and now abandoned by all. So I really don't see the justification for cheapening him in such a manner.

I'm not sure that it's even possible for him to come back from this, but it would be wonderful if the latent humanity in him were able to manifest itself in a less... self-destructive manner than it's been doing so far. As unlikely as it is, his redemption could be absolutely beautiful.

L I V E J O U R N A L
                                because I tend to disappear

Comment

Working...
                                X