No announcement yet.

Are Wraith stupid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I don't think the wraith are stupid. But a large hive already was attacking the other hive, and took Todd, so yes, maybe they were in a hurry, but perhaps they had another means of transport at the site of cloning.

Comment

It's not their hive so why would they want it? They have a hive and they can grow their own. We don't know why the wraith do what they do. In a war (as the wraith are in with each other), would you want to live in a house where you had killed people? We don't even know if the hive ship is connected to their wraith, maybe it won't respond to other wraith. It's not their hive they took what they needed and went.
      WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
      "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
      "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
      - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Nope , just crazy hungry lol!!!
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

surely cloning humans for food with the facility would be an infinitely wiser decision than cloning a foot soldier army. with any human dna they could modify the building to clone a food supply ending the shortage. making a massive amount of warriors is stupid because theres already not enough food for all the wraith and most civil war battles are fought between hives in space anyways
          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Yes, the wraiths are stupid because the writers decided so after S1. Here is the proof:

1. They never check out Atlantis in 10.000 years. Why would they be interested in a) the technology and b) where their enemies went. 100-year war is too fun so you let that slip.

2. No development in technology in 10.000 years. Could make culling and wiping out resilient societies much easier, but why bother. Not to mention you could skip hibernating by improving your food source.

3. Check with one single dart if Atlantis is really destroyed after the cloaking trick. They don't know Atlantis has shield and cloak technology after all, even though the lanteans used those very technologies against them.

4. Go into civil war instead into hibernation again. They did that 10.000 years ago after defeating the ancients but that knowledge must have slipped their mind while sleeping.

5. Forgot their Telepathy, their shields (mentioned several times by McKay), their life science detectors which can even distinguish between species (MISBEGOTTEN) and every other advantage the have in one episode to keep up the suspense but not in others. And especially their armour (The Defiant One) or self-destruct (Suspicion).

6. Never bothered to interrogate someone else than Sheppard or any other human they culled about Atlantis and its existence or location. Not to mention not noticing it the many times they chased SGA teams and they vanished through the dialled gate (e.g. Condemned).

7. Invented a cloning facility with no means to power it. Did not refine it later to clone humans.

8. Captured three Ancient warships but didn't bother to study the technology or squeeze out intel from the Ancients.

9. They can't countermeasure the Hoffan drug even though they posses now the research about it 'cause they don't have Michael. He was the only capable wraith and they lost him.

10. They couldn't use the ZPM's right away to power up their organic hive ships even though they had already circumvented that problem in the cloning facility.

11. Can track ancient warships but not the Deadalus. But the Deadalus can track any hive ship she pleases. Not to mentioned they don't pick up transmissions like in Allies.

Yeah, I think that sums it about up but I'm sure I could come up with even more. BTW I did use some sarcasm in my post.
            Last edited by Skie; 25 March 2011, 03:01 AM.
            Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Originally posted by Skie View Post
              Yes, the wraiths are stupid because the writers decided so after S1. Here is the proof:

1. They never check out Atlantis in 10.000 years. Why would they be interested in a) the technology and b) where their enemies went. 100-year war is too fun so you let that slip.

2. No development in technology in 10.000 years. Could make culling and wiping out resilient societies much easier, but why bother. Not to mention you could skip hibernating by improving your food source.

3. Check with one single dart if Atlantis is really destroyed after the cloaking trick. They don't know Atlantis has shield and cloak technology after all, even though the lanteans used those very technologies against them.

4. Go into civil war instead into hibernation again. They did that 10.000 years ago after defeating the ancients but that knowledge must have slipped their mind while sleeping.

5. Forgot their Telepathy, their shields (mentioned several times by McKay), their life science detectors which can even distinguish between species (MISBEGOTTEN) and every other advantage the have in one episode to keep up the suspense but not in others. And especially their armour (The Defiant One) or self-destruct (Suspicion).

6. Never bothered to interrogate someone else than Sheppard or any other human they culled about Atlantis and its existence or location. Not to mention not noticing it the many times they chased SGA teams and they vanished through the dialled gate (e.g. Condemned).

7. Invented a cloning facility with no means to power it. Did not refine it later to clone humans.

8. Captured three Ancient warships but didn't bother to study the technology or squeeze out intel from the Ancients.

9. They can't countermeasure the Hoffan drug even though they posses now the research about it 'cause they don't have Michael. He was the only capable wraith and they lost him.

10. They couldn't use the ZPM's right away to power up their organic hive ships even though they had already circumvented that problem in the cloning facility.

11. Can track ancient warships but not the Deadalus. But the Deadalus can track any hive ship she pleases. Not to mentioned they don't pick up transmissions like in Allies.

Yeah, I think that sums it about up but I'm sure I could come up with even more. BTW I did use some sarcasm in my post.
              Some great points, some I had completely forgotten about. It can be frustrating how incompetent the Wraith are but at the same time it can be hilarious when reflecting on their misadventures and inabiltiy to learn from experience.
              At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                Yeah, but why didn't they destroy the ship, so no other Wraith faction could take it.
                Cause perhaps they were going to come back later to take it over..

The amount of times they ACTUAL had control of a hive ship, wouldn�t one of the first things on the list �to do� would be able to find the jamming program and take a copy of its data base then do what ever with the ship.
                If they had the time to look for it, you would have thought they would do so..

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzah View Post
                  Some great points, some I had completely forgotten about. It can be frustrating how incompetent the Wraith are but at the same time it can be hilarious when reflecting on their misadventures and inabiltiy to learn from experience.
                  Well yeah, but I'm not so much into comical Sci-Fi.
                  Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Well yeah, but I'm not so much into comical Sci-Fi.
                    I am not so much either, what I find funny is that it`s not suppose to be and you can only laugh or pull your hair out.
                    At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

This was addressed in the uncut version of EATG. Todd does explain that each system in the ship needs to be integrated with the ZPMs (or some BS to similar wording), although this just makes 7 stupider and essentially turns cloning facilities into toasters by being nothing but machines with on/off switches.

Spoiler:
                      There's a lot to un-stupid, isn't there?
                      Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Sci Fi bad guys sort of have to be stupid. Because if the wraith had gone out and done all the pre suggjested ideas The SG teams would have got wasted the second they stepped out of the gate,and the milky way would now be a wraith buffet.
                        I like Sharky
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                          Sci Fi bad guys sort of have to be stupid. Because if the wraith had gone out and done all the pre suggjested ideas The SG teams would have got wasted the second they stepped out of the gate,and the milky way would now be a wraith buffet.
                          Yeah, wouldn't want to escalate the tension and have a truly threatening villain now, would we?
                          Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Na.. can't have skilled villans..

Comment

Working...
                            X