No announcement yet.

Atlantis Windows? Hazmat suits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They could have shown her with the suit on spend 4 seconds explaining that the doors don't open. and remove that line about how she never went to parties.

I agree with fallen angel not showing her in a hazmat suit or not even mentioning it, makes keller look bad

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
      Who said anything about showing her putting it on? She could've just randomly been wearing it in a scene. We don't need to see everything happen if we see the results, kinda like how we almost never see the team step through the gate anymore.

It's... the... infirmary... with only one single room (as far as I could see). It's one of the places where hazmat suits are the most important. Say a real outbreak occurs. Who are the most important people to protect? That's right, the doctors so they can treat the sick. And remember how every time there's a potential outbreak, the doctors are usually wearing hazmats? It'd be illogical to not have hazmats stored in the infirmary.
      It wouldn't matter anyway as the infirmary was considerd to be infected anyway.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        It wouldn't matter anyway as the infirmary was considerd to be infected anyway.
        What make you say that? In hot zone only the mess hall was infected, but the quarantine protocol shut down everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
          What make you say that? In hot zone only the mess hall was infected, but the quarantine protocol shut down everything.
          There was no outbreak and the show had nothing to do with an outbreak. It was a character episode about the characters and their relationships.

If you put her in a hazmat suit you've gotta put Ronan in one or the doors still wont open. Then you've got these two characters sittin around in hazmat suits looking goofy (unnecessarily) trying to do this serious scene about getting to know each other.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Why would they have to explain it? It's a quarantine situation... she's a doctor. They always do this, especially on Atlantis (remember the last few times? No explanation there, they were just wearing them).
            I don't remember ever seeing an episode where they put on Hazmat suits during a lockdown that had nothing to do with an outbreak.

Also, how hard could it be to put in a 4-second line to "explain" it should the writers feel the audience too dumb to understand why she/they're wearing them? Especially when not doing it kinda paints the picture of a greenhorn who didn't know better.
            Because it's a waste of time that breaks the flow and the feel of the scene.

And why would it be gone, at all? It would've stayed on throughout the entire episode.
            And would've made the whole Ronan/Keller part of the story seem silly.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I agree that showing them in hazmats and the door still not opening would have been a waste of time. Maybe they should have had them mention it in a line of dialogue that they tried it, but no more than that. The ep was about the character moments and not your typical actioner.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                I agree that showing them in hazmats and the door still not opening would have been a waste of time. Maybe they should have had them mention it in a line of dialogue that they tried it, but no more than that. The ep was about the character moments and not your typical actioner.
                I agree. I think some have just made this into their personall Keller vendetta.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  I agree. I think some have just made this into their personall Keller vendetta.
                  Not me, John was in the science lab, knowing mckay there had to have been a hazmat suit there. Same with the rest of Atlantis. I can't believe they don't have a procedure to handle a lockdown/quarantine other then radio mckay.

I realize the writers wanted character development in this episode, but would it have killed them to mention the suits?

Comment

Another possibility is that Teyla and John were only able to move around because the lockdown was of a lighter level. The Code Nine(or whatever the number was) lockdown was so harsh that not even hazmat gets through.
                    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Working...
                    X