"It's not really a lock down"
    "There is no outbreak"
    "There is no storm"

"It's Dr. Weir!"
    "They set off the lockdown"
    "They've inflitrated the city"
    "They need something from Atlantis"
    "It's all part of the big plan"

Shame really? Would have been a good way to keep that story going over the long run and keep it more interesting. Ah well. Another time perhaps.

Spoiler:

but how can weir get through all the trapped doors and stuff
    ;o

Comment

Replicators can just walk through doors... remember Oberoth in Progeny?

Comment

i think that was because he was on the replicatior world. its easy to walk through walls when your made of the exact same stuff as them

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
          i think that was because he was on the replicatior world. its easy to walk through walls when your made of the exact same stuff as them
          Nope. The city was made of regular Material not nanite cells.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Funny. I was actually hoping it was a Wraith virus.

I just thought the whole "meeting with the Wraith" seen in "Be All..." was too easy, and that the Wraith had to have at least planted a virus into the Puddle Jumper computer or something (which then jumped to the Atlantis computer... somehow).

Alas. It was just some glitch thing. And the Wraith were less evil than I've come to expect them to be in BAMSR.

Comment

If it had been come kind of actualy theart, like the Wraith or Weir, the episode would not have been able to be the character driven episode that it was. And it was a great character interaction episode.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I think there are ways of keeping it character-focused, while still allowing for something "more" to be going on. I mean, if it really was Weir, then we didn't even have to see her until the last scene of the ep, gloating over... whatever it was she needed from Atlantis. The Wraith idea could be done with in a couple lines, just as the glitch thing was.

Comment

Then they would have had to cut into the character scenes and devote more screen time to resolving the Weir or Wraith conflict. By making the conflict kind of a phantom thing, there was more screen time for character stuff.

Comment

Actually, I was suggesting that Weir's presence in the story be kept only to one tiny scene at the very end. They don't even know she's doing what she's doing. And then that's how it ends. With us knowing that she got something, but the how and why is left for a future episode.

Comment

We already had a Weir teaser like that at the end of BAMSR.

Comment

..... Yes, I know.

But this one would have obviously furthered the ongoing plot, since she went to Atlantis to grab something, without the team's knowledge.

... But this is all quite hypathetical anyway, so....

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor View Post
                          Funny. I was actually hoping it was a Wraith virus.

I just thought the whole "meeting with the Wraith" seen in "Be All..." was too easy, and that the Wraith had to have at least planted a virus into the Puddle Jumper computer or something (which then jumped to the Atlantis computer... somehow).

Alas. It was just some glitch thing. And the Wraith were less evil than I've come to expect them to be in BAMSR.
                          Part of me was thinking that too then they wnet and blamed it on an atmospheric anomoly..

Comment

Working...
                          X