Ava's Newspaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ava's Newspaper

Found two screenshots of the newspaper which were laying on Avas desk.

Quite interesting stuff:

Spoiler:

Top: Air Force Colonel Wins Second Binder Price (Binder... Carl Binder? *g* )
    Right: (Ho)logram System Wows Crowd (this must be referring to "Bounty SG1 S10E16")

Both come with a picture of Sam Carter.

There is also "Councils Urged to Consider Global Warming Issues" but I don't see any Stargate- relevance there.

Difficult too see:
    Spoiler:

Scientist Awarded $600k Grant

That man has money! No wonder that McKay is able to buy his sister a car.

On the bottom there is something like "eachers'(?) Visit Draws Protest" but I can't make any sense out of that.
    The cake is a lie!

Air Force Colonel Wins Second Binder Prize*

Comment

I think the Binder Prize thing was refering back to Bounty as well.

Nice continuity!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        I think the Binder Prize thing was refering back to Bounty as well. Nice continuity!
        Continunity in Stargate, impossible. Stargate is full of plot holes and doesn't even know what continuity is (end sarcasim)
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

"Leaders Visit Draws Protest".

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
            "Leaders Visit Draws Protest".
            Is that a reference to anything?
            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Think we should ask JM if he can take piccies of these newspapers?
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                Think we should ask JM if he can take piccies of these newspapers?

Just asked him in his blog
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                  Found two screenshots of the newspaper which were laying on Avas desk.

Difficult too see:
                  Spoiler:

Scientist Awarded $600k Grant

That man has money! No wonder that McKay is able to buy his sister a car.

On the bottom there is something like "eachers'(?) Visit Draws Protest" but I can't make any sense out of that.
                  I don't think you are allowed to spend the grant money on yourself. Anyway he is working for the government, the US government in secret he would get plenty of money just from that. And as they say in 99.9% of fanfics where on Atlantis would they spend the money they do earn?

Comment

Damn! Is it really Rodney in the photo?! I assumed it was Henry Wallace from Miller's Crossing, partly because of the "Previouslies" and partly because Ava mentioned him later.

Comment

I am really sure that its Rodney. Its one of the photos he has in his room in Duet (as far as I can remember).
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

It actually is that wallace guy ^^

from the transcript:

(...) A third printout shows a photograph of Henry Wallace, the man who kidnapped Jeanie Miller in "Miller's Crossing," with the headline "Scientist Awarded $600K Grant". (....)

Comment

Well, the transcripts are made by fans, so they're not official.

I see Rodney too, actually, especially in the hair area.

And he's got that arrogant pose.

Comment

Sorta looks like Joe, to be honest... But it's probably Rodney...

Comment

Working...
                            X