Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homeland security in the stargate universe spoilers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Homeland security in the stargate universe spoilers

    Was anyone else surprised that Homeland security seems to know nothing about the Atlantis mission or even stargate command??? i mean Nancy didn't seem to know and Sheppard made no effort to tell her

    i would think it would work hand and hand with homeworld security??
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

    #2
    Maybe she just didn't have the clearance.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

    Comment


      #3
      They probably are just working under the idea that "the less people who know, the better".

      Anyways, Nancy said that "walls went up fast", or something to that effect - obviously, some people know what's going on.
      What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh.
      --Ninth Doctor

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Pudding View Post
        They probably are just working under the idea that "the less people who know, the better".

        Anyways, Nancy said that "walls went up fast", or something to that effect - obviously, some people know what's going on.
        Agreed. She's probably too far down the food chain to be in the know. And I've heard the government agencies aren't real keen on sharing so I doubt Homeworld Security is known outside of the highest levels (the name alone would raise a few brows).
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana
        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

        Comment


          #5
          need to know basis. That's all
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            I don't really think Aliens, the stargate and offworld expiditions would really be covered by the Homeland security, that's why they created HomeWorld Security.

            sigpic

            Comment


              #7
              Why didn't he ask O'Neill? They could have used a telephone ploy since RDA isn't around.
              sigpic
              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

              Comment


                #8
                US Government agencies are notorious for not sharing information with each other. It took 9/11 before all the various federal law enforcement agencies were required to share information.

                If there was anyone is DHS that knows about DHWS, it would be someone at the very top, if that.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Avenger View Post
                  US Government agencies are notorious for not sharing information with each other. It took 9/11 before all the various federal law enforcement agencies were required to share information.

                  If there was anyone is DHS that knows about DHWS, it would be someone at the very top, if that.
                  Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                    I don't really think Aliens, the stargate and offworld expiditions would really be covered by the Homeland security, that's why they created HomeWorld Security.
                    I agree...

                    Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.
                    Is that experience talking?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      She worked for HomeLAND security, not HomeWORLD Security.

                      Besides, nobody in our freakin' government knows what anyone else in our government is doing.


                      Carson: Muh tuttles!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                        I agree...



                        Is that experience talking?
                        Yup.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Exactly. The less people that know the easier to cover up. Believe me I know.
                          Do tell
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

                          Comment


                            #14
                            He might have to kill you.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I was surprised John would ask her for information on nanite research. That's about as classified as the 303s/304s and Atlantis and everything else the show's about. There're the black ops research projects Homeland Security knows about/runs and then there're the ones Homeworld Security knows about/runs, and this one is firmly far above her head, even as a 'director'. I'm also surprised the people she asked even knew about it, much less did something as obvious as throwing up walls. Bad spies! Bad! I'm completely shocked that she came up with anything!
                              Last edited by nx01a; February 2, 2008, 10:19 PM.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X