Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    His little comment about "Odd, no?" really fills me with hope - it suggests that a) they are aware that this is an issue - one that needs answering, not glossing over - and b) they intend to reference it/deal with it in this ep!

Woot!
    Well over in the whump thread Kristen, whose post he was replying to, said that it wasn't actually a direct question to him and that he had cropped her comments from a much larger post. So the fact that he chose to comment on her remarks is very positive imo, why would he single that part of her post out if those issues weren't going to be addressed?

I'm now even more excited by this episode.

Comment

It sounds intriguing *if* they pull it off right. I'd love to see backstory on Sheppard, but we keep getting promises that simply tank, so I'll wait and see.
      Last edited by prion; 23 July 2007, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
        Well over in the whump thread Kristen, whose post he was replying to, said that it wasn't actually a direct question to him and that he had cropped her comments from a much larger post. So the fact that he chose to comment on her remarks is very positive imo, why would he single that part of her post out if those issues weren't going to be addressed?

I'm now even more excited by this episode.
        Me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
          Oh I really do hope that we end up with an epsiode that JF is happy with and they dont mess his idea around too much.

I am looking forward to this one very much - I cant wait to get hold of some more spoilers.
          Me too! It sounds fantastic to me. Most promising, and about damn time too!
          Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
          *cough*

I'm really looking forward to this, and it sounds as if it's weaved into a story rather than it being the story. So i'm looking forward to some nice heartfelt emotional scenes ala Sateda. And even if we only get to learn a couple of things why his character is like he is, then i'd be content.
          Indeed!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            ITA. It's about time! Can't wait!
            Agreed it sounds great.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              It sounds intriguing *if* they pull it off right. I'd love to see backstory on Sheppard, but we keep getting promises that simply tank, so I'll wait and see.
              Agreed. I think the motto for this forum should be "Cautiously Optimistic". Still be hopeful, but not getting your hopes up.
              click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

I really hope this story becomes a reality and they reveal and do a good back story for Sheppard - heck at this point I would even be happy (not satisfied but happy) with even a little backstory.

I know one could make a case for many of the characters not getting enough development, but pretty much all the cast except Sheppard has had some degree of personal backstory introduced into an episode.

Weir in Intruder & The Real World
                Teyla in Rising and Critical Mass
                Rodney in McKay & Mrs. Miller
                and even a little bit with Ronan in Sateda & Trinity.

Sheppard backstory is long overdo.

Comment

I do understand the cautious optimism, but this is one episode I'm unreservedly excited about. Only a couple of things could tank my interest in this episode, and I'm not going to mention them for fear I'll jinx it. Yay for Shep backstory!
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                    Agreed. I think the motto for this forum should be "Cautiously Optimistic". Still be hopeful, but not getting your hopes up.
                    Indeed but my hopes are high simply because I have faith in TPTB.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

*does cautious optimistic happy dance*
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                      GateCon Attendee 2008
                      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

So, reasons for him returning to Earth? My money's on death in the family. Just because he didn't feel the need to visit them or send them a message doesn't mean they don't exist.
                        They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

The thing is that the backstory has to be woven into a Stargate story if that makes sense. There has to be a twist, it can't be just Sheppard going back to Earth to face his past, there has to be something at stake, some jeopardy, a sci-fi twist on the whole thing and I'm really curious how they are going to fit the backstory into Atlantis.

It was easier on SG1 to a certain extent because they were based on Earth and a certain amount of the action was taking place there but Atlantis is a galaxy away and it's far more difficult for what's happening there to have a direct effect on Earth beyond the SGC.

I wonder if the reason for him going back has more to do with Sheppard himself than anybody back on Earth.

Comment

Well, it's entirely possible that we get a problem on the Atlantis end as another part of the plot. Sheppard goes home to deal with something that's only supposed to take a couple of days, Atlantis faces a situation or the Gate diagnostic shows a problem, and he's stuck on Earth because transport to Atlantis just became impossible.

or

I don't think it's been mentioned on the show, but it's commonly assumed that Sheppard's father is a military bigwig and that's why Shep was sent to Antartica instead of discharged. If this turns out to be true, could Shep Sr. be getting clearance to learn about the Stargate program? It would be dealing with SGC politics, possibly Atlantis politics if he's important enough to have a say in how the expedition is run. And yeah, so we did the Daddy issues with Carter, but we can do it again with Sheppard. Dysfunctional/non-existent families are practically a pre-req for SG teams.
                            They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                            Spoiler:
                            Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                              The thing is that the backstory has to be woven into a Stargate story if that makes sense. There has to be a twist, it can't be just Sheppard going back to Earth to face his past, there has to be something at stake, some jeopardy, a sci-fi twist on the whole thing and I'm really curious how they are going to fit the backstory into Atlantis.

It was easier on SG1 to a certain extent because they were based on Earth and a certain amount of the action was taking place there but Atlantis is a galaxy away and it's far more difficult for what's happening there to have a direct effect on Earth beyond the SGC.

I wonder if the reason for him going back has more to do with Sheppard himself than anybody back on Earth.
                              Good point. I wonder, too, how he could have any family back home if the only message he wanted to tape in LFP was to Sumner's. I saw the reason (big time) for the Sumner message, but considering the fact that impending death / disaster / doom is a wonderful antidote in terms of lingering family issues, him not saying "boo" (or bye) to flesh and blood would ring funny, especially if we (the audience) get hit with it this far into the series.

I saw JM's response on his blog to a question about LFP, so I'm really curious now.

After LFP, I assumed the only relatives he'd have on Earth would be folks who wouldn't keel over if somehow they were able to find out he could have passed on his last thoughts but refused. In my mind, that goes beyond holding a grudge, but okay. ... Yeah, I know the family wouldn't find out ... unless, as Starfox mentions, Sheppard has a living relative who is a military bigwig with some sort of interest in shielding his career ...

No ideas. Hmm, speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                                Good point. I wonder, too, how he could have any family back home if the only message he wanted to tape in LFP was to Sumner's. I saw the reason (big time) for the Sumner message, but considering the fact that impending death / disaster / doom is a wonderful antidote in terms of lingering family issues, him not saying "boo" (or bye) to flesh and blood would ring funny, especially if we (the audience) get hit with it this far into the series.

I saw JM's response on his blog to a question about LFP, so I'm really curious now.

After LFP, I assumed the only relatives he'd have on Earth would be folks who wouldn't keel over if somehow they were able to find out he could have passed on his last thoughts but refused. In my mind, that goes beyond holding a grudge, but okay. ... Yeah, I know the family wouldn't find out ... unless, as Starfox mentions, Sheppard has a living relative who is a military bigwig with some sort of interest in shielding his career ...

No ideas. Hmm, speculation.
                                LFP was one of the reasons I thought all of John's family was dead. Even if his father disowned him or something, you'd think that he'd at least want to say, "So long" but I guess they could still be alive. Who knows?
                                click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Working...
                                X