The Bola Kai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bola Kai

did anyone else pick up on the serenity,jaffa similarities .

the bola kai have tribal markings on there foreheads to tell which tribe there come from. the jaffa have markings on there foreheads to show what god there serve. also not to mention there carry weapon.

there are also cannibals and primitive in appearance similar to the Reaver from the firefly verse.

Given that Teyla has never met the Bola'kai, cannibalism is an assumption. Given how much the dude took offense to the claim of being in service to the Wraith, a species that feeds off humans in order to survive, I think they might not be.

The Bola'kai were like one race and one race only....the Klingons.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

finally!!! another interesting race after the Wraith
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it is interesting, I am pretty sure that they are cannibals, I would assume that was what the stories were about.

It would be funny to see the team dressed up as the Bola'kai. IDK for what reason but it would be funny.

Comment

they did kinda seem like Reavers at first but after the guy started talking to them the feeling faded. As far as a Jaffa comparison I don't see it. (I didn't notice the tribal marks on their foreheads either.)
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

When I first saw them and heard about them, I couldn't stop thinking Reavers, however they weren't as savage (from what we saw) so I was a bit disappointed in the fact Teyla feared them and could kick a lot of their asses until outnumbers but they still didn't seem all that bad.

I did like them and look forward to them reappearing some point in the future

sigpic

Comment

Teyla was able to fight them as she did because she's a skilled fighter. The Bola'kai were not nearly as technically sound with they way they fought. They appear to rely on intimidation more than they do any kind of skill.

And never forget the fact that Teyla is one of the main characters on the show.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I just wanna know where they got those lollipops...
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

^Keller brought them and they found them when they went through her stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    I just wanna know where they got those lollipops...

Keller brought them.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                      Given that Teyla has never met the Bola'kai, cannibalism is an assumption. Given how much the dude took offense to the claim of being in service to the Wraith, a species that feeds off humans in order to survive, I think they might not be.
                      I disagree. IT did seem like Teyla was certain they were canibals..

AS to the lollypops, i would love to know how they knew they were food?

Comment

Reavers was the only thing they reminded me of. And that second big fight between Teyla and these guys, reminded me of River vs the Reavers in Serenity. Small difference, River won, Teyla didn't.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Reavers was the only thing they reminded me of. And that second big fight between Teyla and these guys, reminded me of River vs the Reavers in Serenity. Small difference, River won, Teyla didn't.
                          What are Reavers?

and, the Bola'Kai remind me of Saxons, mainly in thier Dress and weapons, mainly battle axes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            What are Reavers?

and, the Bola'Kai remind me of Saxons, mainly in thier Dress and weapons, mainly battle axes.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaver_(Firefly)
                            || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Nothing at all like the jaffa imo but yeah did seem Reaver like until they spoke.

Comment

Working...
                              X