Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Missing Pre Airing Discussion/speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Joe M's Blog, Possible spoilers for Missing...

Spoiler:
    Tomorrow night’s Atlantis episode is Missing, another strong character story that I’ve described as Stargate’s Thelma and Louise - in this case, Teyla and Keller, trapped off-world and kicking ***. It’s an episode that explores the darker facet of Teyla’s warrior persona, and also sets up one of this season’s major story arcs.

When I think back to how this particular episode came together, the first thing that comes to mind (okay, second after Carl’s terrific script) is that rope bridge. You see, Carl envisioned a scene involving a rope bridge and, simple enough, the Art Department came up with a design, it was approved, the bridge was built - and then when we found out the cost, our eyes almost popped out of our skulls. As it turns out, it wasn’t the bridge that was so pricey but the added expense of paying security guards to stand watch, 24/7, to ensure no adventurous teens attempted to cross the **** thing while it was up. It was just one of many surprises that transformed this originally inexpensive episode into a $$$ spectacular.

Another anecdote related to that rope bridge involves the apparently fearless Jewel Staite. When it came time to shoot the sequence in question, Rachel (who was pregnant at the time) quite wisely refused to set foot on it. Jewel, rather bravely (or foolishly, decide for yourself) offered to give it a go for a few steps. Director Andy Mikita assured her that he wouldn’t need much from her. He would yell “Action!” and she would start walking across the scary-as-hell bridge - maybe two or three steps - at which point he would yell “Cut!” and she could turn around and head back to the relative safety of solid ground. Jewel was game. So Andy yelled “Action!” and Jewel started walking. And walking. And waiting for someone to yell “Cut!”. And walking. And walking…past the halfway point of the bridge. What a trooper. Apparently, heights aren’t a problem for Jewel as she performed most of the rope bridge stunts herself including the…well, I don’t want to give it away. Check out tomorrow’s episode and watch for this memorable sequence.

MrsB108 writes: “Do any of the team member cross any moral lines this season?”

Answer: That’s up for debate. Check out Missing tomorrow night and you tell me.

sigpic

Comment

Teyla's darker side, rumors of a Mckay turn for the dark. This season, man. Awesome-ness abounds!
      sigpic
      It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        From Joe M's Blog, Possible spoilers for Missing...

Spoiler:
        Tomorrow night’s Atlantis episode is Missing, another strong character story that I’ve described as Stargate’s Thelma and Louise - in this case, Teyla and Keller, trapped off-world and kicking ***. It’s an episode that explores the darker facet of Teyla’s warrior persona, and also sets up one of this season’s major story arcs.

When I think back to how this particular episode came together, the first thing that comes to mind (okay, second after Carl’s terrific script) is that rope bridge. You see, Carl envisioned a scene involving a rope bridge and, simple enough, the Art Department came up with a design, it was approved, the bridge was built - and then when we found out the cost, our eyes almost popped out of our skulls. As it turns out, it wasn’t the bridge that was so pricey but the added expense of paying security guards to stand watch, 24/7, to ensure no adventurous teens attempted to cross the **** thing while it was up. It was just one of many surprises that transformed this originally inexpensive episode into a $$$ spectacular.

Another anecdote related to that rope bridge involves the apparently fearless Jewel Staite. When it came time to shoot the sequence in question, Rachel (who was pregnant at the time) quite wisely refused to set foot on it. Jewel, rather bravely (or foolishly, decide for yourself) offered to give it a go for a few steps. Director Andy Mikita assured her that he wouldn’t need much from her. He would yell “Action!” and she would start walking across the scary-as-hell bridge - maybe two or three steps - at which point he would yell “Cut!” and she could turn around and head back to the relative safety of solid ground. Jewel was game. So Andy yelled “Action!” and Jewel started walking. And walking. And waiting for someone to yell “Cut!”. And walking. And walking…past the halfway point of the bridge. What a trooper. Apparently, heights aren’t a problem for Jewel as she performed most of the rope bridge stunts herself including the…well, I don’t want to give it away. Check out tomorrow’s episode and watch for this memorable sequence.

MrsB108 writes: “Do any of the team member cross any moral lines this season?”

Answer: That’s up for debate. Check out Missing tomorrow night and you tell me.

Thanks for that Briangate!

Will somebody have a summary of the ep after they watch it? Unfortunately, I have to wait to see it until tomorrow.

GREEN to the first (and possibly second, or third) person who writes a summary of Missing!! (Yes, this is bribery. I hope it works. )
        || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

I promise to at least attempt a summary. No guarantees on the quality, though. I'm currently attempting to get rid of a few distractions (The Wizard of Oz on TBS, downstairs roommates blasting music).
          sigpic

Comment

Ok, here's a sudo-summary for Missing, written as I watch in real time.

Open on Keller packing (a lot), Teyla walks in, they yammer about Keller being nervous about going off world, she's looking forward to meeting the Athosians. She mentions Carson! And how much he was loved by Teyla's people. Keller packs suckers (lol!).

Cute Sheppard scene as they walk through the gateroom, he calls them 'kids' numerous times, as he leans casually on the balcony (so cute!). I take this as a sign that Carter will be absent this episode.

Keller/Teyla (henceforth known as Keyla for the purposes of this summary) quickly make their way to camp, Teyla runs around yelling names. "You think they were attacked?" "Or culled..." dumdumdumdum

*commercials, including one with Betty White holding a cat that looks like mine, suddenly I am homesick*

They are in the camp, discussing Wraith, when Teyla senses something, Keyla hides. Two guys show up, Teyla seems pissed/angry, almost like she recognizes them. Keyla sneaks away, talking of getting to the weapons cache, Teyla only has a knife. She knows of the Bola Kai, but has never met them, she saw some markings on their faces that distinguish them.

Keller sucks at climbing, Teyla's at the top of a steep hill when Keller falls and twists her ankle. Teyla hides their packs, she helps Keller to the gate where more baddies are patrolling. Teyla wants to pick a fight, Keller wants to chicken out. Teyla: "Just do what I say."

Two guys see them, they take off running after Keyla, who are hiding behind a rock? Teyla has her hand over Keller's mouth, as if she's dumb enough to say something. They mention they're not due back until tomorrow, need to evade baddies until then and Atlantis can rescue them. Teyla has faith in her boys, Keller has faith in crying.

DRUMS! Baddies are starting a hunt!

Teyla retrieves the packs of medical supplies for Keller's ankle. Keller talks about being a 'wimp', with a low threshold for pain. They also talk about Mckay and all the meds he takes (shoot me). Teyla's telling of some 10 day ritual alone in the woods she had to go through, Keller tells of camp.

They get to the weapons cache, it's empty; the Bola Kai aren't using them, so the Athosians must have taken them. They decide to get to a hunting blind to hunker down for the night. The get there, they have to cross a wicked looking ROPE BRIDGE! Keller wants to cry some more, she has vertigo (hahaha). She's definitely whimpering. Teyla: "Fine. Stay here, then. *leaves*"

Keller follows (this thing is so high up! some great crane shots). Keller slips, she's hanging and screaming, Teyla appears out of nowhere and pulls her up (very cool).

Teyla alludes to Bola Kai being cannibals. Keller doesn't like subtely, but doesn't get any clarification as four guys attack with the throwing star. Teyla takes them on with some sticks (they have axes and swords). She kills three and the fourth runs off. Teyla makes sure Keller's cool, then runs after him. With her stick. And kills him. With her stick.

Back with Keller, one of the guys is not-so-dead. Teyla calmly walks over, talks the sword from Keller, and kills him. Keller can't watch. (Teyla is being extremely badass, if I do say so). Hark! They hear noise!

The find a guy with his hands tied and a stab wound. Keyla has a fight about saving him/leaving him. "He's not Athosian!" "But I'm a doctor!" That sort of thing. Keller helps him, Teyla goes to find the blind. She finds it, they hunker down (with the guy).

Teyla gets "dinner", spears some weird squid thing that was burrowing around under the dirt. Keller refuses, saying "This is my least favorite part of survivor" (best line so far!), eliciting a look from Teyla. The guy wakes up, says he's Genii and was undercover in the Athosian camp. Says all the Athosians are dead. Teyla looks slightly worried.

(at approximately 10:32pm, EST, MY CABLE GOES OUT!!!!! GAHHHHHH! multiple calls to the landlord and cable company result in no improvement and a promise to "look into it". yeah, you do that.)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
              Ok, here's a sudo-summary for Missing, written as I watch in real time.

Open on Keller packing (a lot), Teyla walks in, they yammer about Keller being nervous about going off world, she's looking forward to meeting the Athosians. She mentions Carson! And how much he was loved by Teyla's people. Keller packs suckers (lol!).

Cute Sheppard scene as they walk through the gateroom, he calls them 'kids' numerous times, as he leans casually on the balcony (so cute!). I take this as a sign that Carter will be absent this episode.

Keller/Teyla (henceforth known as Keyla for the purposes of this summary) quickly make their way to camp, Teyla runs around yelling names. "You think they were attacked?" "Or culled..." dumdumdumdum

*commercials, including one with Betty White holding a cat that looks like mine, suddenly I am homesick*

They are in the camp, discussing Wraith, when Teyla senses something, Keyla hides. Two guys show up, Teyla seems pissed/angry, almost like she recognizes them. Keyla sneaks away, talking of getting to the weapons cache, Teyla only has a knife. She knows of the Bola Kai, but has never met them, she saw some markings on their faces that distinguish them.

Keller sucks at climbing, Teyla's at the top of a steep hill when Keller falls and twists her ankle. Teyla hides their packs, she helps Keller to the gate where more baddies are patrolling. Teyla wants to pick a fight, Keller wants to chicken out. Teyla: "Just do what I say."

Two guys see them, they take off running after Keyla, who are hiding behind a rock? Teyla has her hand over Keller's mouth, as if she's dumb enough to say something. They mention they're not due back until tomorrow, need to evade baddies until then and Atlantis can rescue them. Teyla has faith in her boys, Keller has faith in crying.

DRUMS! Baddies are starting a hunt!

Teyla retrieves the packs of medical supplies for Keller's ankle. Keller talks about being a 'wimp', with a low threshold for pain. They also talk about Mckay and all the meds he takes (shoot me). Teyla's telling of some 10 day ritual alone in the woods she had to go through, Keller tells of camp.

They get to the weapons cache, it's empty; the Bola Kai aren't using them, so the Athosians must have taken them. They decide to get to a hunting blind to hunker down for the night. The get there, they have to cross a wicked looking ROPE BRIDGE! Keller wants to cry some more, she has vertigo (hahaha). She's definitely whimpering. Teyla: "Fine. Stay here, then. *leaves*"

Keller follows (this thing is so high up! some great crane shots). Keller slips, she's hanging and screaming, Teyla appears out of nowhere and pulls her up (very cool).

Teyla alludes to Bola Kai being cannibals. Keller doesn't like subtely, but doesn't get any clarification as four guys attack with the throwing star. Teyla takes them on with some sticks (they have axes and swords). She kills three and the fourth runs off. Teyla makes sure Keller's cool, then runs after him. With her stick. And kills him. With her stick.

Back with Keller, one of the guys is not-so-dead. Teyla calmly walks over, talks the sword from Keller, and kills him. Keller can't watch. (Teyla is being extremely badass, if I do say so). Hark! They hear noise!

The find a guy with his hands tied and a stab wound. Keyla has a fight about saving him/leaving him. "He's not Athosian!" "But I'm a doctor!" That sort of thing. Keller helps him, Teyla goes to find the blind. She finds it, they hunker down (with the guy).

Teyla gets "dinner", spears some weird squid thing that was burrowing around under the dirt. Keller refuses, saying "This is my least favorite part of survivor" (best line so far!), eliciting a look from Teyla. The guy wakes up, says he's Genii and was undercover in the Athosian camp. Says all the Athosians are dead. Teyla looks slightly worried.

(at approximately 10:32pm, EST, MY CABLE GOES OUT!!!!! GAHHHHHH! multiple calls to the landlord and cable company result in no improvement and a promise to "look into it". yeah, you do that.)
              Thank you so much!!! Your cable company stinks though.
              two questions:
              What's the whump factor? (I have some friends who are Teyla whumpers)
              Is there a guy named "Kanan" in here?
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Working...
              X