Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mardola's behaviour spoiled the episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mardola's behaviour spoiled the episode?

Why were they wearing their Genii uniforms? I mean, if it's just a catch-and-release (prevent her from reaching the ruins in time), then they can just hold her for a few days and then release her. Or did Mardola plan on having Harmony killed from the start? Mardola seemed quite upset after having to order the deaths of all three of the pilgrims, though, so maybe the Genii really are idiots.

Also, why didn't she tell the Genii about the beast? Could've been useful for them.

Also, John managed to kill three of their men so they only post two at the ruins? Smart. Strength in small numbers?

Did anyone else get tipped off about how the sister would probably try to usurp the throne and then immediately thought "A-ha! She hired the Genii!" the minute you saw the Genii?

There was too much "foreshadowing" in the opening scene where not only did Mardola say that Harmony should make the trip alone but she had this look on her face when she looked at Harmony that I went all "Evil sister, yes, evil sister".

Personally, this spoiled too much of the plot for me so I wasn't at all surprised later.

Comment

You like starting threads don't you.

Perfecto!

Comment

Maybe Mardola DID tell them about the beast, and that's why they sent a couple hundred Genii instead of just one or two. What other reason could they have had to send that many troops after one little girl?

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
          Maybe Mardola DID tell them about the beast, and that's why they sent a couple hundred Genii instead of just one or two. What other reason could they have had to send that many troops after one little girl?
          Good point.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

They probably would have drafted in some reinforcements when they found out that John and Rodney were with her.
            The Genii know first hand how deadly Shepherd can be so probably wouldn't want to take a risk.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
              They probably would have drafted in some reinforcements when they found out that John and Rodney were with her.
              The Genii know first hand how deadly Shepherd can be so probably wouldn't want to take a risk.
              Exactly.

Mardola's behavior didn't really spoil anything for me because, quite frankly, I didn't care about the plot of this episode. The comedy was the part I liked, not the story.

It was still kinda a twist when they revealed the "beast" though.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

And I'm quite sure the Genii planned to take care of Harmony before she got close enough to the ruins for the "beast" to be an issue. It only became an issue when Sheppard took out the first group, which allowed Harmony to get close enough to the ruins for the "beast" to be a factor.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Why would the Genii go to such extreme lengths to re-establish trade relations with people who live in stone castles? The Genii live in massive underground bunkers and make nuclear weapons.

The entire episode was a mess.

Comment

They obviously have some kind of resource on the planet that the Genii need.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Yeah, like those Ancient tech that McKay said they had.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        Why were they wearing their Genii uniforms? I mean, if it's just a catch-and-release (prevent her from reaching the ruins in time), then they can just hold her for a few days and then release her. Or did Mardola plan on having Harmony killed from the start?
                        It indeed seemed like it was the plan to kill Harmony from the start and it makes sense...It would be in Mardola's best interest to remove Harmony from challenging her power altogether. Her people didn't seem to mind Harmony being aided by Mckay after the fact and they may not mind giving her a second chance after finding out that she was kidnapped on her way to the ruins. The only thing we have to go against this is Harmony's instance that she wouldn't be queen unless she got there and as we've seen she still views things from a child's point of view.

Mardola seemed quite upset after having to order the deaths of all three of the pilgrims, though, so maybe the Genii really are idiots.
                        She didn't look upset at all. She replied almost right away in a calm, cool voice and and her face was not one of an upset person.

Also, John managed to kill three of their men so they only post two at the ruins? Smart. Strength in small numbers?
                        They had no idea the ruins were a weapon that could be used against them. For all they knew, if Sheppard and co went to the ruins they still would've had plenty of time to catch the girl on her way back to the castle. Thus the point of posting men there would've been just to alert the others that they went there and allow the Genii to close in on them (note that they were checking in on the status of the soldiers posted there). Which is why Sheppard stunned them - Gunfire would've drawn their attention like the Genii were probably well aware of (they didn't know about the stunner though). Having enough men there to prevent Sheppard and Mckay from taking them out would've caused Sheppard to turn them back and the Genii would still be searching the forest for them (with less men I might add).

So yeah it was actually smart given what they knew - It's impossible to plan a defense against every unknown god weapon that could come about and strike you down just in time to save the heroes and if they did it any differently they'd be randomly searching the forest for them, hoping to get lucky and stumble upon them.

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                        Why would the Genii go to such extreme lengths to re-establish trade relations with people who live in stone castles? The Genii live in massive underground bunkers and make nuclear weapons.

The entire episode was a mess.
                        They didn't. They went to such lengths for money and money alone according to what we observed. We've seen rogue Genii units in the past (still wearing their old uniforms) and we know that not everyone was happy with the change in power, so it's not at all a stretch that we would see more mercenary Genii that were former military officers.

Comment

Working...
                        X