This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hated her SO bad.

I still have mental images of Ronon blasting her head off with his fun, or John emptying a clip of P90 at point-blank at her. Or hell, you tie her up, put her in a box with a ribbon, and ship her to the nearest wraith hive with a "Enjoy the meal!" sticker on the box.

Or..you bring her home, lock her up in a room and every time you feel angry and need to get it out on someone, you go poke her a couple times with a Goa'uld torture stick. Oh, such relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
      Hated her SO bad.

I still have mental images of Ronon blasting her head off with his fun, or John emptying a clip of P90 at point-blank at her. Or hell, you tie her up, put her in a box with a ribbon, and ship her to the nearest wraith hive with a "Enjoy the meal!" sticker on the box.

Or..you bring her home, lock her up in a room and every time you feel angry and need to get it out on someone, you go poke her a couple times with a Goa'uld torture stick. Oh, such relief.
      thats mean, no kid desrves that, how would you like it if that was done to you

if you been pampered since birth and given everything you wanted and then walk into a forest with 2 men..sure your gonna moan about wanting things since thats all she knows

but she was a brat though yet she did know how to cook alien style chicken in a forest and lighting a fire all in the dark
      sigpic

Comment

You know, they say you dislike the things in others that you in fact dislike about yourself.

Personally, I thought she (the character) was adorable and she (the actor) was excellent in portraying a bratty little girl.

Comment

She was far less annoying then I thought she would be.
          Also, I found my annoyance with her was what I was supposed to have based on the writing of the character not annoyance at the acting like I have with some screaming kids in some movies where we are actually supposed to sympathize with them *coughWaroftheworldscough*.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Well , i wouldn't say hate she was definitely annoying , but so can Mckay at times. I thought that was a little weird that she wanted to be with John, wow he 40 and she is 14 , not going to work
            sigpic
            May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
              Well , i wouldn't say hate she was definitely annoying , but so can Mckay at times. I thought that was a little weird that she wanted to be with John, wow he 40 and she is 14 , not going to work
              I venture to say that many a teenage girl has had a crush on a handsome older guy - I know I sure did!
              And as someone pointed out on other thread, I believe that in many cultures a 13 or 14 year old is considered to be an adult and prime "marriage" material (not that I condone this at all!). How old was Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" anyway?
              sigpic

Comment

yeah, i hated her too. I would have loved to have seen Ronan as part of that group. He would have tossed her to the "beast".

Comment

people have said Harmony redeemed herself at the end of the ep, but i must have missed that part. i saw her scared coz she thought she might die. and i saw her angry coz shep was trying to prevent her from dieing, and then i saw her tell people through the painting that shep was nothing but a coward and that she saved the day. was there something after that?
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by Demerzel View Post
                    Hated her SO bad.

Seek help, indeed.

To be honest, I do not think she is bad or bratty at all. Think about it, this is suppose to be a monarch that leads her people to survive against life sucking aliens who are thousands of years ahead of them in term of technology. She is very unlikely to be the quiet, subdued typed. O'Neill pretty much insults every alien that he meets the same way and he isn't even royalty!

Of course she is annoying at first for McKay, because they are of the same personality, the type of person who knows what their strength is and is quite confident about it. (Maybe a bit too confident)

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      I venture to say that many a teenage girl has had a crush on a handsome older guy - I know I sure did!
                      And as someone pointed out on other thread, I believe that in many cultures a 13 or 14 year old is considered to be an adult and prime "marriage" material (not that I condone this at all!). How old was Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" anyway?
                      Juliet was 13ish, less than 14. Romeo's age is never establish, but he is also young, probably 18ish or around 20 at oldest, definitely no where near Sheppard's age. Which reminds me, how old is Sheppard suppose to be? Joe Flannigan is 41 years old, but that doesn't necessary reflect Sheppard's age. Since O'neill's age is about 45 in "Fragile balance" and richard dean anderson at the time is about 53 years old.

Comment

Absolutely! I doubt she had a clue how old he was.

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                        people have said Harmony redeemed herself at the end of the ep, but i must have missed that part. i saw her scared coz she thought she might die. and i saw her angry coz shep was trying to prevent her from dieing, and then i saw her tell people through the painting that shep was nothing but a coward and that she saved the day. was there something after that?
                        I didn't really see her "redeeming" herself. She's 13. She had no idea she needed to. What I saw that impressed me toward the end was her determination to follow through on the journey and her genuine dismay at not being "found worthy" when the pendant didn't glow. She's too young to rule effectively, but the potential is there. She needs to get past puberty and entitlement.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

well first off, cute sig , i hope that little guy got his cookie, but you are very right about the many people do find older individual cute and handsome and may want to be with them, i just think that someone should tell them that kind of thinking is wrong, at least Rodney was trying to explain it to her
                          Last edited by MIZA; 28 January 2008, 09:29 AM.
                          sigpic
                          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

The child was exceptionally annoying. Why her people would choose her over the older sibling is beyond me. To me, that is the thing that made no sense about this episode. If she had been an enlightened, non-monster child it would make sense how the two could be seen as equals in such a decision, but no matter how smart she is, it didn't make up for the fact that she's a brat. That poor kingdom is in for a wild ride once puberty really kicks in.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tranquility View Post
                              Juliet was 13ish, less than 14. Romeo's age is never establish, but he is also young, probably 18ish or around 20 at oldest, definitely no where near Sheppard's age.
                              Yeah and in Aladdin Jasmin was 11 or 12, and Aladdin himself was a teen. Crazy young.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                OMG please don't make me do THAT!
                                Seconded! I must get that image out of my head. *Pictures Adria naked*
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X