Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor TV, attacked by things being thrown at it.
    sigpic

Comment

This is the one ep I have not been looking forward to since it was announced. So imagine my surprise when I liked it! It wasn't the darkest or the funniest or the angstiest or the coolest or any other -est, but it was entertaining.

Nice to see a bit of normalcy. Even though they didn't say where Ronon was (at least he was mentioned!) I imagine the idea of spending time nurturing trade relations sent him searching for just about anything else to do.

McKay calling dibs on the sister before even seeing her was a hoot. He was either trying to drown his sorrows in that glass of wine, or he has already moved on from Katie.

Harmony was a perfect 13 year-old - self-centered, manipulative, moony-eyed over the cute guy, demanding, a know-it-all. I did have an issue with the way she spoke - seemed a bit overly formal and unnatural. And then she says "the coast is clear". What?

The snark between her and McKay was hilarious. I loved her stealing the PowerBar and blaming it on him and her threats to have him beaten or killed by bounty hunters. I wondered when she asked John why he didn't have Rodney beaten for his incessant talking if John had considered it before.

Rodney being the tracker by following the scent of food was great as was Sheppard's expression when he finally clued in that the kid had a crush on him.

Really liked seeing military Sheppard when he found a strategic position to shoot the first 3 Genii with one shot. And it was great to see brave Rodney in action. I really liked that he didn't hesitate for an instant before shielding Harmony from the shooting.

It was easy to pick which sister was the bad one, but I like that it wasn't played up as a big mystery. And I thought the mini-drone idea was a cool concept for "the beast". Drone research.... Now that Rodney is a hero of the queen I guess he'll get to spend lots of time digging through the ruins.

Speaking of which - the painting!!! LOVED it. Totally seen through a teenage girl's eyes. She stands bravely as hero Rodney defends her and usurper John hides. I'm sure that what she thinks she saw anyway. I so hope Rodney had a camera with him. I'd love to see that pop up as someone's screensaver in a future ep.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I am loving this

This season almost all episodes exceeded people's expectations, unlike last season. Atlantis is truly and finally getting better. Even the fillers are good now.
        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnRico View Post
          Oh...thank YOU so much!

LOL!

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
          SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
          Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I liked this episode -- I'd give it 6 flying mini-glowy squids out of 10. I chuckled and laughed quite a few times through it, so as a comedy episode it scored.

I wonder if those little flying "energy" beings in The Defiant One were also mini-drones and not "energy" beings. And if they're related to the energy beings in "Prodigy." (Although, they were also used several times in episodes of the new Outer Limits series...)

When the "Beast" was mentioned, and then never seen -- and Harmony said SHE was protected by the beast - I thought of the ID monster from "Forbidden Planet," and was pleasantly surprised when the Beast turned out to be...Ancient mini-drones! LOL!

Interesting that another civilization in the Pegasus Galaxy also has the Ancient gene.

I had a feeling that Harmony was leading up to something with Shep, but was totally unprepared when she mentioned she would be needing a King in the future! LOL! I bet that scared five years off of Shep!

I have mixed feelings about Harmony's character -- as someone mentioned, she was like a female min-Rodney. Why couldn't she have been more like Kim Darby's character, Mattie Ross, in "True Grit?" She was a pain in the mikta too, annoying, and headstrong -- but she was admirable.

I LOVED the painting at the end of the episode.

Also LOVED the location filming for this episode. Very beautiful, and that scene with Shep, McKay and Harmony walking with the sunset in the background...just stunning.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Lol, the painting! Sheppards painting!

Comment

Weak and boring episode. It is a shame that they wasted an episode for this adventure after BAMSR or SOW. 4/10 point.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

This episode was soooo funny!

Jodelle was just awesome. The kid has talent! And Joe and David were also perfect. The Rodney-John friendship banter is as it should be... teasing!
                  I was reluctant at first about the plot but it turned out great.

I loved the quarels between Harmony and Rodney, I find it funny they kept comparing their attitudes. I guess Harmony brings the most childish side of Rodney out.
                  The love sick puppy Harmony towards John was annoying. I guess the writers love John as Kirk. Speaking of Kirk, Flora using her charms on John was plain boring, my reaction is pretty much Rodney's facial expression.

Thesmell of chicken is the secret clue!!! (that had me lmao) Rodney's nose takes action and a snuffer dog like Rodney finds the cave where Harmony is!! GOOD DOG!! **Pets Rodney**

Harmony proposing to John was cute! Disturbing, but cute. John was so uncomfortable!! John wanting to investigate the best to which Rodney protests /squeals... it was such a girly sound! (I guess this is what Jodelle meant by David's funny voices)

Harmony asking love advice to Rodney. ahahahahah .....ahahahah

Rodney throwing himself on Harmony to protect her. And, she, saying he is a hero meanwhile John is totally being ignored and mistreated... that's the way it should be! **rodney fangirl talking**

The last scene had me laughing so much. I so want this painting!! Rodney as the fierce warrior and John quivering behind him and Harmony. And to top it up, Rodney's "That's pretty much how I remind it".

Comment

glad to see rodney get the glory for once. i missed the beginning but i enjoyed this episode alot more then i thought i would

the paiting is great
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

...and I thought it can't get worse. TPTB proves me wrong every time. I stopped watching after 15 minutes...

Comment

I found it a great break from the normal stuff we see all the time. Not the best esp, but it was pretty decent. The only real comment I can make,

Harmony is a seriously tripped out poltically super trainined person. So politically skill but still immature....Oh what a laugh when she proposed....

Comment

this episode was utter rubbish. Completly uselles and incredibly boring
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Once upon a time in a land far far away...

What an utterly delightful episode. Thank you writers for giving me something to enjoy once again. I had almost given up hope. We laughed, we yelled things at the screen, and we applauded at the end. After all the drama of this season, the dark sets and the soap opera angst, this was a breath of fresh air. I don't care how cliched it was or how predictable. I just enjoyed seeing my boys off on an adventure again, kicking butt, taking names and snarking at each other. Just like the good 'ol days of season one.

I taught 13 year old girls for a very long time, and believe me when I tell you, Harmony was the quintessential 13 year old girl made even more acerbic by her royal blood. Perfect characterization and admirable acting by Jodelle. That young lady has a bright future.

JF and DH as always are best when acting against each other. They just work like a fine oiled machine. More more more please. But put a kid into the mix and the talent increases exponentially. Both their responses to Harmony were perfect. Shep just never sees it coming, does he?

The so-called "kirking" here was not offensive in the least. The only time I have really been bothered by this was way back in The Tower. I think the fan reaction has been vastly over the top ever since. After all, he if free to date whomever he pleases, right?

And the picture was just the cherry on top of the ice cream sundae. When the final scene started my husband commented that they had switched from The Princess Bride to Star Wars. True, but then that little twist with the picture and the priceless look on John's face just topped it all. Well done to everyone involved.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, seeing as I was expecting this to be beyond aweful (kids, medieval style princesses around Sheppard) I was more than pleasantly surprised. True, it did have cringe-worthy moments, they were far fewer in quantity than I was predicted, and balanced by some proper LOL moments which I feared would be thin on the ground.

It won't be one of the best episodes ever - but as mid-season light filler, it entertained and succeeded. 6/10, put up to 7/10 as I was expecting dross, so t'was a nice surprise.
                              I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

This was such an enjoyable episode! I think as the season winds down with some (promised) intensity, we will look back at Harmony as the refreshing highlight of the season. Was it a bit of fluff? Yeah, sure...but what a joy to see 'what goes around, comes around' for Sheppard! Karma, baby! (Okay - I say this fresh off of re-watching Poisoning the Well, and bristling at his unforgivable taunting of Steve. I was really ready for some pay-backs. )

Also, if you want to think a little deeper about this episode - the child was an excellent example of how we should not judge books by their cover...both in how she eventually showed a softer side of herself, and in how she looked at the two men.

At first, she was taken (perhaps) by John's looks, and his position. But she was able to see that he can be a real jerk, too. Rodney - perhaps also based on looks and overall whininess - became her target. But then she saw his dedication to his work, and his willingness to put his life on the line - and - well...she was impressed. Heck, I think even I was impressed!

Good episode. Actually liked it much better than Quarantine.

das
                                Last edited by dasNdanger; 26 January 2008, 06:06 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X