This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
    i had my rant about the little girl in the thread about her, so with that over with i'll try to talk about the rest of the ep...

i'm a little annoyed with rodney at the beginning of the ep. he didn't break up with katie at end of last ep, and now he's like "dibs" on the new princess. i'm not sure what kind of man that makes him, and i'm not sure i like him when he's like this.

i'm also quite shocked with all the slashing that gero put in. i'm not a slasher, but i felt this was quite obvious. rodney seemed a little jealous that harmony liked shep, and then john the queen at the end of the ep. i did ROFL at that tho, i was expecting harmony to go off at him, yelling about now he's the queen and should wear the crown. the thought of queen john still makes me smile

the pic at the end was funny, but it makes me hate harmony all the more, and i didn't wanna talk about that here, did i?

i wonder who the genii were working for? i know the sister hired them, but are they real genii, or like kolya etc in Irrisponsible?
    I didn't think there was any slash, rodney was just gelous the little brat didn't like him more. It's not like she was becoming sheppard's girlfriend, jeez. She was like 10.

Tho if I were there I probably would have gone ahead and stunned her, lol.
    My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

closed captioning that it referred to Rodney's handheld device (the uhm, electronic one), as a PFD. PFD? I'm stumped. What's that an acronym for?
      Hi, first post here. I believe PFD stands for Plot Forwarding Device. Much shorter than, "Handheld Blinky Beepy Thing That Someone Looks at and Discusses."
      One day, one night, one moment
      With a dream to believe in
      One step, one fall, one falter
      Found a new earth across a wide ocean
      This way became my journey
      This day ends together, far and away

- Enya, "Book of Days"

Comment

I can't pinpoint what was not right in this episode. Killdeer brought some good points. Sheppard was off his game. I can't for the life of me see why John would go for a 13 year old rants and whine vs Rodney's. He's used to Rodney. He knows Rodney and Rodney is not known for lying. So, that whole scenario between John and Rodney almost felt like these two were just getting to know each other instead of being together for so long now.

The story I think was a poor story. I didn't care for it and I think something different could have been done. This reminded me too much of the Tower for some odd reason. Maybe it was the setting, I don't know.

I did laugh out loud in the end. The picture frame and the fact that Rodney finally got back at John was worth the lack of excitement for the rest of the episode.

If I"m not mistaken, wasn't this also the episode that Joe Flanigan kept mentioning back and forth as the one that he commented to the writers about in regards to John's actions toward Harmony?

I say, listen to the man, writers...I think Joe Flanigan was right on with this one.

Not the worse episode, had some great lines, like I loved when John mentioned Ronon...he so misses his team!

I missed Ronon and Teyla...episodes without them are clearly not up to Atlantis standards.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I can't for the life of me see why John would go for a 13 year old rants and whine vs Rodney's. He's used to Rodney. He knows Rodney and Rodney is not known for lying. So, that whole scenario between John and Rodney almost felt like these two were just getting to know each other instead of being together for so long now.
          I never thought that Sheppard believed Harmony over McKay. What is he going to do? Every parent learns that you have to pick your fights. I would imagine that that is true of leaders, as well. Just because he teases McKay and lets the kid hug him doesn’t mean he believes her. It wasn’t worth pursuing.

I love the line: It’s okay sweety, sometimes he makes me cry too.
          That’s pure McKay bait.
          sigpic

Comment

I think Camy's right that the hug scene was the one that JF had his disagreement with the writers/directors about. The "sometimes he makes me cry too" line was hilarious, but the hug just seemed....odd.

Someone commented on my LJ review that David Hewlett did indeed say in one of his Twitter entries that Joe Flanigan came down with food poisoning during the filming of this episode, so....I personally believe that was why Shep felt off to me. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but I kept thinking about it, and thought...he just seems tired! And then I remembered the getting sick thing. Food poisoning will take a lot out of you (if you haven't had it, take my word for it ), and I'm impressed that he was only off work for a day.

As far as Ronon and Teyla..... they did at least mention Ronon. And I don't know how a mention of Teyla could have been worked in. But Rachel was already off for maternity leave when this episode was filmed, and as for Jason, if I'm not mistaken he wasn't in this episode because he was working with
            Spoiler:
            Chris Judge on the sparring scenes for Midway.
            Last edited by Killdeer; 27 January 2008, 09:16 AM.
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

I found it to be quite boring. Just a walk in the forest.
              Not pleased.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I think Camy's right that the hug scene was the one that JF had his disagreement with the writers/directors about. The "sometimes he makes me cry too" line was hilarious, but the hug just seemed....odd.
                The hug didn’t bother me. It was just part of the gag. It was very The Bad Seed to me, though I don’t remember the first one very well and I never saw the remake. The hug allowed Harmony to make the face at McKay and got some cute expressions and the cry line from JF.

I loved Sheppard’s attitude through the whole episode. He was resigned to taking her and tried to stay very professional and as remote from her as possible. He never got down to her level as McKay did. He treated her as the distasteful child that she was and mugged his way through it.

The exception is the Leadership talk between Sheppard and Harmony, a scene that stands out in my mind, because it says more about Sheppard than Harmony.

S: Nervous about being Queen:
                H: No, Why would I be?
                S: It’s a lot of responsibility.
                H: I know that.
                S: You’ve got to put the needs of your people before anything else, including your own.
                H: Some of the time, yes.
                S: Oh, pretty much all of the time.
                ….
                H: You know much about leadership, John.
                S: Well, hard earned lessons along the way.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                  After the (mostly) really good episodes we've been getting this season I can find it in me to forgive one less than stellar ep. There were some good moments in this episode, even some LOL bits, and lots of fun back-and-forth with McKay and Shepherd, but I got real tired of the baby brat really, really fast. And I just did'nt understand why the Genii had to be the bad guys...Oh, well....

Best I can compare this ep to is that old quote: It's like sex. When it's good, its really, really good, and when it's not, it's still pretty good.

I'd watch it again. I'd probably enjoy it. I just wouldn't go out of my way for it...

ladyjanus
                  That's exactly my opinion, too. There's not one episode of SGA that I won't rewatch (even though I may ff through some bits, sometimes ), but this one definitely wasn't a highlight. I bolded the bit I particularly agreed with.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                    The exception is the Leadership talk between Sheppard and Harmony, a scene that stands out in my mind, because it says more about Sheppard than Harmony.

S: Nervous about being Queen:
                    H: No, Why would I be?
                    S: It’s a lot of responsibility.
                    H: I know that.
                    S: You’ve got to put the needs of your people before anything else, including your own.
                    H: Some of the time, yes.
                    S: Oh, pretty much all of the time.
                    ….
                    H: You know much about leadership, John.
                    S: Well, hard earned lessons along the way.
                    I'd forgotten about that section. I think it was one of the few scenes with the kid in them that I actually liked. (I admit I dislike brats with a passion, so I am definitely NOT unbiased about this episode ).
                    And I agree entirely. Even though this episode wasn't a favorite, and was played broadly for the humor, it still managed to squeeze in some character development. Good on ya, MGero!

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
                      And I just did'nt understand why the Genii had to be the bad guys...Oh, well....
                      I agree with that... i'd much rather it have been the bad guys we saw in the episode with Keller and Teyla where the Athosians went missing (Can't remember the episode name or the name of the bad guys lol)

they would have made more sense as a bad guy... but maybe this is just the beginning of the Genii becoming a greater threat in Pegasus... we don't know...

M

Click on the image to go to my fanfics.

Comment

ALOT better than I thought it was going to be, no where near as cheesy as I thought it was going to be, and some pretty funny lines too.

Comment

I thought this episode really great. Though the kid was such a brat. Sheppard and McKays spat was just really funny. and the painting at the end?

Priceless.
                          sigpic
                          Always on the hunt for whump...

Comment

Someone commented on my LJ review that David Hewlett did indeed say in one of his Twitter entries that Joe Flanigan came down with food poisoning during the filming of this episode, so....I personally believe that was why Shep felt off to me. I couldn't put my finger on it at first, but I kept thinking about it, and thought...he just seems tired! And then I remembered the getting sick thing. Food poisoning will take a lot out of you (if you haven't had it, take my word for it ), and I'm impressed that he was only off work for a day.

As far as Ronon and Teyla..... they did at least mention Ronon. And I don't know how a mention of Teyla could have been worked in. But Rachel was already off for maternity leave when this episode was filmed, and as for Jason, if I'm not mistaken he wasn't in this episode because he was working with
                            Spoiler:
                            Chris Judge on the sparring scenes for Midway.
                            Yeah, Joe F got food poisoning during the shoot, and Jason was working on another episode (but he was around when EXTRA shot their segment). I hadn't even thought about that when watching the show as I thought Joe did pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Yeah, Joe F got food poisoning during the shoot, and Jason was working on another episode (but he was around when EXTRA shot their segment). I hadn't even thought about that when watching the show as I thought Joe did pretty good.
                              I'm not saying Joe did a bad job. He just didn't seem to have the energy he usually does, especially when bantering with Rodney.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

I went into this epsiode worried that it may become the already FANTASTIC series 4 version of "The Tower", However I was wrong. This episode was far from being the newest "Tower", But was indeed a great and very "Atlantis" feeling episode. With great character moments, humour and all the right action!

Well Ok... It may not have been the best episode of Series 4 (Doppilegenger "sp?" is for me) But it was still far from bad!
                                The forest set, seems to have beenb filmed in a newer location giving it a very "fresh" look, as you could start to tell in SG-1 that alot of the forest planets where the same old trees!

As for the story, it was fun and well scripted. It had me with a smile on my face from the very start, Especailly when Sheppard 1rst started getting hints that the 13 year old had a crush on him! And of course that now CLASSIC painting at the end, I vote that should be used as the DVD cover!

I was a bit sad that the "Beast" was no an actual "BEAST", however Mini-Drones is a cool concept, I would love to see a hand gun fire mini-drones next! or the F-302!
                                Its a shame Ronan was not here! But the mention was nice, I gess he was shopping with Teyla for baby cloths.

All in all a classic John/Mckay blast, and a nice fun point in this GREAT series!

I'm not saying Joe did a bad job. He just didn't seem to have the energy he usually does, especially when bantering with Rodney.
                                I think Sheppard had the Genii (is it 1 or 2 I's?) on his mind alot of the time, You could always see Sheppard with one eye scanning the forest for them dirty Brown coats!
                                sigpic
                                Banner Made By Me for Me
                                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X