Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Plot Hole

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Possible Plot Hole

    We learned in SG1 (can't remember which episode ) that the Asgard also use Neutronium in their technology like the replicators. So shouldn't the beam weapons + other asgard tech on the earth ships been sucked down to planet when Mckay activated the command to attract neutronium. Or do they use something else instead of neutronium... What do you guys think?
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!



    #2
    from what i understood it wasn't a program to attract neutronium. it was merely a program to attract replicator cells. Not sure how it was meant to work specifically though.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

    Comment


      #3
      At first it was to attract replicator cells.... Then the ZPMs overloaded so they didn't have enough power to attract it and make it super dense. They realised that the planet's surface was rich in neutronium, which is very dense, so they made them attract the neutronium aswell (they didn't pull this out of their arses, if replicators are make of neutronium it's logical they can attract it and also logical there's a lot on the planet). The neutronium made the the blob heavy enough to sink to the core.

      For the record.. Neutronium is a real therotecal substance accorfing to scientists (atomic number = 0 as it's just made up of neutrons and has no protons)

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutronium
      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!


      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
        At first it was to attract replicator cells.... Then the ZPMs overloaded so they didn't have enough power to attract it and make it super dense. They realised that the planet's surface was rich in neutronium, which is very dense, so they made them attract the neutronium aswell (they didn't pull this out of their arses, if replicators are make of neutronium it's logical they can attract it and also logical there's a lot on the planet). The neutronium made the the blob heavy enough to sink to the core.

        For the record.. Neutronium is a real therotecal substance accorfing to scientists (atomic number = 0 as it's just made up of neutrons and has no protons)

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutronium
        THE ZPMs never overloaded. Mckay never activated the program for the blackout.

        The magnetic field wasn't strong enough to pull the neutronium from the ships.
        http://www.change.gov

        The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          THE ZPMs never overloaded. Mckay never activated the program for the blackout.

          The magnetic field wasn't strong enough to pull the neutronium from the ships.
          but it was strong enough to pull the replicator cells from orbit
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!


          Comment


            #6
            Rodney made the nanites attract the nuetronium magnetically. A come home and join with this big blob signal drew in the Nanites from space.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
              Rodney made the nanites attract the nuetronium magnetically. A come home and join with this big blob signal drew in the Nanites from space.
              Exactly. McKay made the nanites on the planet attract all other nanites in the area (which is what drew in the ones in orbit). Then he dialed up the mass's attraction so it would pull towards the neutronium and... boom.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

              Comment


                #8
                Mckay or Carter said the nanites would have such an extreme pull because they somehow involved the subspace link. That made there attraction to each other super strong. The attraction to the nuetronium wouldn't have had any kind of subspace link so it wouldn't have been as strong.

                Comment


                  #9
                  How about this for a Possible Plot Hole: Replicators IQ is less then humans.

                  The almost 0 reaction during the Alliance fleet assult on Asur. homenland.
                  No seriosly. 30+ Aurora class ships vs what 10+ different ships?
                  Thouse Aurora ships should have blowed everything up, with the amount of Drones they had, with in the first minute of a fight.

                  And how about no life sign detectors on Asurians homeworld. No what so ever defenses at all. Not even blockers to prevent from people beeing beamed in.

                  For a 10000 years old machines they are pretty dumb. Infact they remind me more of Goa'ulds ruther then advance AI's. Dumb, overconfident and advanced.
                  We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                    How about this for a Possible Plot Hole: Replicators IQ is less then humans.

                    The almost 0 reaction during the Alliance fleet assult on Asur. homenland.
                    No seriosly. 30+ Aurora class ships vs what 10+ different ships?
                    Thouse Aurora ships should have blowed everything up, with the amount of Drones they had, with in the first minute of a fight.

                    And how about no life sign detectors on Asurians homeworld. No what so ever defenses at all. Not even blockers to prevent from people beeing beamed in.

                    For a 10000 years old machines they are pretty dumb. Infact they remind me more of Goa'ulds ruther then advance AI's. Dumb, overconfident and advanced.
                    The Wraith never had firewalls to prevent people from beaming in until they encountered it. The Asurans were unfamiliar with the technology because they never encountered it.

                    We're all expecting some sort of massive drone blitz by the Asurans because of what we saw in Lost City and No Man's Land. Even though both episodes showed that far too many drones were used (wasted). Such a drone blitz would have depleted their power and let the darts take em out and would have been an inefficient way of utilizing drones. Particularly if the Asurans are expecting reinforcements.

                    They were almost pretty much disposed of the moment Mckay beamed down to the planet. Even if they did detect them, they would not have the chance to react as they were otherwise occupied. Not to mention

                    Spoiler:
                    The Wraith were on the planet at the same time attempting to steal a ZPM.


                    Not to mention, they had to tie up this storyline for what purpose we don't know yet. They had to nerf the fleet a little bit in order for the episode to be a success. You see the same thing in SW Return of the Jedi, which parallels this episode A LOT. From the moment the Alliance fleet got together to the getting the hell away from the death......Asuran Homeworld. Hell, they could have taken out Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leiah how many times during that movie but they had to move the plot along so they didn't kill them?
                    http://www.change.gov

                    The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      There should really just be one thread about argueing over why your upset over the best fightscene with the saddest outcome. Especially when we are criticizing the wrong ships, the 304s did EXTREMELY poorly in battle while the Auroras did live up to their expectations (except in offensive action). they didnt attack the whole planet just a portion. about a 1/3 of the fleet advanced and by the time the fight was over possibly 3/4 of the ships were entering firing range but still. initially the section we attacked were out numbered.

                      And panic explains how they could have prevented the drones from the surface from firing. That time to get some one into a chair, to the time mckay gained control of power is the only time allotted. After that Mckay could have shutdown all drone control from the planet just by cutting the power.

                      And we probably had our shields repel those attraction force in Neutronium, or they are powered by the ship's existing powergenerators.
                      Last edited by 2ndgenerationalteran; January 10, 2008, 09:15 PM.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        The Wraith never had firewalls to prevent people from beaming in until they encountered it. The Asurans were unfamiliar with the technology because they never encountered it.

                        We're all expecting some sort of massive drone blitz by the Asurans because of what we saw in Lost City and No Man's Land. Even though both episodes showed that far too many drones were used (wasted). Such a drone blitz would have depleted their power and let the darts take em out and would have been an inefficient way of utilizing drones. Particularly if the Asurans are expecting reinforcements.

                        They were almost pretty much disposed of the moment Mckay beamed down to the planet. Even if they did detect them, they would not have the chance to react as they were otherwise occupied. Not to mention

                        Spoiler:
                        The Wraith were on the planet at the same time attempting to steal a ZPM.


                        Not to mention, they had to tie up this storyline for what purpose we don't know yet. They had to nerf the fleet a little bit in order for the episode to be a success. You see the same thing in SW Return of the Jedi, which parallels this episode A LOT. From the moment the Alliance fleet got together to the getting the hell away from the death......Asuran Homeworld. Hell, they could have taken out Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Princess Leiah how many times during that movie but they had to move the plot along so they didn't kill them?
                        Considering that Asurans can create ZPM's they can create Drones as well. Meaning the amount of Drones and power in there desposel should have been close to unlimited.
                        Not to mention, why didnt Asuran homeworld had any satellite defences?
                        Not to mention as shown in First strike, Asurans did had an unpenetrable shield, why havent they ever used it again?
                        We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

                        Comment


                          #13
                          That shield was powered by the energy beam itself. It seemed to be very unique and cannot be applied to any old structure or ship.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X