Not so logical?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not so logical?

Hive ships shouldn't even be able to scratch the surface of an Aurura class battleship yet it did.. The traveler ships haven't been explained much but i doubt they are as strong or ever stronger than the Wraith so their ships shouldn't have done much damage either. As for the 2 Earth Ships and the 1 Ancient Traveler Ship leave it to them to face 30 Aurora Class Ships? In other words it was more like a 3 on 30 with the other Allied ships as bait or as a distraction, either way every ship besides the 2 Earth Ships and the Ancient Traveler Ship should've been destroyed seeing as how Sheppard was able to shoot 2 drones at the Ancient ship and completely destroy it.

Not so logical eh? They made the Ancient ships look so weak compared to what they've been viewed upon this entire time.

For some unexplained reason the Auroras did not seem to be using shields at all, I only saw one shot in the entire episode where an Aurora had a shot deflected by a shield (When the 302s and Darts swarmed one) and the shields were quickly overwhlemed when a bunch of missles were fired into it. I didn't get it at all.

Comment

Yeah.. either way we should've lost that battle, leave it to the writers to leave out the major details. 1 Ancient ship should be able to take out 5+ Hive ships -.-

Comment

The Auroras did look weak, there's no denying that. However, Hives should be able to do damage. They had to be able to do damage or no amount of numbers would have won the war 10,000 years ago. As far as Travelers ships, they were just there to take fire away from Hives and 304's. I doubt they were hurting the Auroras.

The fleet should have taken more damage, though. I hardly saw any drones at all from the Asurans. They somehow got the drop on them which accounts for early success, but after the first minute or two the Asurans should have gotten things together and really hit us hard. Then the blob would have formed and we would have been OK. Instead they made the Auroras look incredible weak, the Asurans incredibly dumb, and us completely overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
          The Auroras did look weak, there's no denying that. However, Hives should be able to do damage. They had to be able to do damage or no amount of numbers would have won the war 10,000 years ago. As far as Travelers ships, they were just there to take fire away from Hives and 304's. I doubt they were hurting the Auroras.
          Well yes.. Wraith ships can do damage but they do very very little damage. If you recall the Ancients could win every battle but lose the war. Therefore it is plasuable to assume that 1 Ancient ship can destroy a Wraith ship without a sweat. Even 2 or 3 given the amount of drones it takes to destroy 1 ship and the ammount of drones that can be fired at once. Those 7 Hives still wouldn't have enough firepower to destroy an Aurora Class ship as easily as it did.

Remember the Wraith aren't technologically as advanced as the Ancients, not even close. They rely on numbers.. so doing whatever calculations 7 hive don't stand a chance against an ancient ship let alone 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
            Yeah.. either way we should've lost that battle, leave it to the writers to leave out the major details. 1 Ancient ship should be able to take out 5+ Hive ships -.-
            Huh? We would have, it was only a distraction so that McKay could complete his mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
              Well yes.. Wraith ships can do damage but they do very very little damage. If you recall the Ancients could win every battle but lose the war. Therefore it is plasuable to assume that 1 Ancient ship can destroy a Wraith ship without a sweat. Even 2 or 3 given the amount of drones it takes to destroy 1 ship and the ammount of drones that can be fired at once. Those 7 Hives still wouldn't have enough firepower to destroy an Aurora Class ship as easily as it did.

Remember the Wraith aren't technologically as advanced as the Ancients, not even close. They rely on numbers.. so doing whatever calculations 7 hive don't stand a chance against an ancient ship let alone 30.
              If pure numbers could win the war, I am sure million people pelting stones on a Ori ship could do the trick. Remember in very first episode that ancient hologram says that ancients had never encountered beings that matched them in power. it's true that hives are not as powerful as an ancient ship but to say that wraiths were so far behind is ridiculous. 14 or so human/jaffa/...ship didn't even scratch one ori ship in first battle (or almost any battle) so if your really have that much of technological edge, you will never loose irrespective of the numbers. Also in one episode (the return I think), the ancient woman explains how bunch of cruisers proved too much for their ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post

The fleet should have taken more damage, though. I hardly saw any drones at all from the Asurans. They somehow got the drop on them which accounts for early success, but after the first minute or two the Asurans should have gotten things together and really hit us hard. Then the blob would have formed and we would have been OK. Instead they made the Auroras look incredible weak, the Asurans incredibly dumb, and us completely overpowered.
                ahem, battle only lasted for minute or two! I am not sure why so many people are assuming that battle was going for 1 hour or so and human-wraith was winning the war though in reality they were next to total wipe out.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  Huh? We would have, it was only a distraction so that McKay could complete his mission.
                  Very true. it's idiotic to think that replicators were loosing the war. The so called war didn't last more than 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    yeah that's how I saw it.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

i didn't think we were really winning the space fight.
                      it took mckays plan to really put a hurt on the asuran fleet.

the wraith use suicide dart methods to knock out sheilds and engines on the asuran fleet, that much we know.
                      we don't know the extent of the damage the wraith suffered until next week at least.

Comment

Originally posted by inta View Post
                        i didn't think we were really winning the space fight.
                        it took mckays plan to really put a hurt on the asuran fleet.

the wraith use suicide dart methods to knock out sheilds and engines on the asuran fleet, that much we know.
                        we don't know the extent of the damage the wraith suffered until next week at least.
                        No we werent winning. We balsted a few ships but we would have had our asses handed to us if not for Mckay.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Atlantis, the Wraith, and The Travelers would of lost the battle if it lasted longer than what time was needed. Mckay just needed them to hold them off so he could complete his mission. After he activated the magnetic program the Aurora class ships were rendered useless since no one was there to pilot them.

BTW, did you see how many drifting Aurora class ships were left in the end?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            Atlantis, the Wraith, and The Travelers would of lost the battle if it lasted longer than what time was needed. Mckay just needed them to hold them off so he could complete his mission. After he activated the magnetic program the Aurora class ships were rendered useless since no one was there to pilot them.

BTW, did you see how many drifting Aurora class ships were left in the end?
                            Quite a few but most likely beyond repair.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The more watch that battle, the more I start to think the tables were close to turning.

For starters, it was a 3 minute long battle. In that time 1 hive was lost, and many of the others were close to critical. The earth ships were reporting low shield strength. A traveler was destroyed.

In that time, they only took out 5 auroras, despite catching atleast 4 with their shields down! How long have we known any non-hive ship to survive after it lost shields?

On top of that, by the half way point of the battle, a mere couple of minutes after the surprise-attack, many of the replicator ships were already in formations and focus firing!

If the battle had gone on another 5 minutes, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see all the earth and wraith ships either destroyed or disabled. I doubt the travelers would really do all that well by themselves against the remaining auroras.

Comment

Working...
                              X