Daedalus Class vessels more superior than Ancient Warships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus Class vessels more superior than Ancient Warships

Guys...I think that the 304s are now officially more advanced than the Ancient Warships.

not mearly because of weapons, but because of their shields as well.

In the Battle over Asurus, the "federation" lost Wraith Hives, Traveler Ships...but no Earth ships. This proves that our ships are far superior.

Sure, the ancient ships might have better air conditioning systems, or sublight engines...but who needs that? Its all about the guns and the shields baby!

What do you all think?

Earth ships do have sublight engines, how else they will move around. Hyperdrive is used for long time travel between stars and galaxies.
    But yea we do have the best ships atm. Not in terms of quality but in weapons and shielding, and all thanks to the Asgard. Thank you Thor :'(

Tain

sigpic

Comment

I don't believe that the Daedalus class is more advanced, but Aurora class ships are just underused when it comes to Asurans using them.

The Aurora's use drones, don't remember ever seeing or hearing about other weapons being used. When Asurans fire drones, they shoot them in bursts of 2 or 3. A good example of this is when we saw the Asurans firing drones, we only saw a couple each time yet Sheppard was able to fire more, with better control and better results.

sigpic

Comment

I dunno if it's a superior vessel all around.

I'd say it's more like a 1974 mustang souped up to an insane degree to beat a 2008 Porsche.

Comment

Earth ships are based upon recent technologies taken from the Goa'uld and Ancients, then upgraded even further by Asgard tech. Aurora class ships are a 10,000+ year old design.

As far as the BAMSR battle went, statistically speaking the 2 Earth Ships out of 16 total in the fleet weren't the most likely target. Also, the Replicators would primary Wraith ships first due to their attack directive.

Comment

Originally posted by Malakriss View Post
            Earth ships are based upon recent technologies taken from the Goa'uld and Ancients, then upgraded even further by Asgard tech. Aurora class ships are a 10,000+ year old design.

As far as the BAMSR battle went, statistically speaking the 2 Earth Ships out of 16 total in the fleet weren't the most likely target. Also, the Replicators would primary Wraith ships first due to their attack directive.
            Aurora's may be of a 10,000+ year old design, but it's product of millions of years of scientific progress and development. Not even the Asgard technology can match that, even with the bits and pieces the Goa'uld have scavanged over their 5,000+ year reign of conquest.

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with SaberBlade. The Asurans may have the technology and all, but they really need to learn how to use it. Either that or they have trouble with the mental interface and can't work the systems correctly. The most drones we've ever seen Asurans control is six, seen in "The Return" (S3) when they were trying to shoot Sheppard out of the sky. Obviously hundreds of drones can be fired at once, as shown multiple times throughout Stargate.

As for weapons and shields, I'd say we now have beat the Aurora-class shields, but those don't seem to be the best shields out there. From what we've seen, the Cruisers have more powerful shields than the Auroras, with the City Ships having the strongest. I'd be willing to bet a modded 304 would have trouble shooting down a City Ship's shield. The Weapons though you can't really compare. Our Asgard weapons can be dodged and such, whereas drones are much harder to dodge and do a ton of damage.

When it comes down to it, we can own Aurora-classes the way their used now, but if you stuck a modded 304 piloted by Humans against a Aurora piloted by trained Ancients, I think you'd have a long drawn out battle ending in a stalemate.

~Zar Wolf

Spoiler:

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
              O’neill: Yes. Yes, it did.
              Woolsey: What does that mean?
              O’neill: Something exploded.
              Thank god for common sense.

Proud supporter of Stargate: Avalon
              and Stargate: Horizon
              As well as s09119's Continuing SG-1

Supported Ships: Sheppard/Weir ~ Ronon/Keller ~ O'neill/Carter
              Pro - All Seasons of Atlantis (Etchy on Season 4 though) and Pro - All Seasons of SG-1 plus the Stargate Movies
              The Jury is still out on Destiny though...

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post
                Guys...I think that the 304s are now officially more advanced than the Ancient Warships.

not mearly because of weapons, but because of their shields as well.

In the Battle over Asurus, the "federation" lost Wraith Hives, Traveler Ships...but no Earth ships. This proves that our ships are far superior.

Sure, the ancient ships might have better air conditioning systems, or sublight engines...but who needs that? Its all about the guns and the shields baby!

What do you all think?
                More dangerous, at least.

Comment

I don't think that the Aurora class ships were ready for the attacks each attack was a surprise. Plus they probably didn't have the shields up, but the shields Aurora class warship shields are weaker and of different design than that of the shield of Atlantis. I do agree also that they are of a 10,000+ years design. I do believe that these are a few reasons which make the BC-304s class ships stronger. They are all newer and use technology from many different advanced alien races.
                  sigpic

Comment

I get the impression that 10,000 years ago the Asgard and Ancients had a very similar level of technology but the Asgard have had 10,000 years to upgrade since the Ancients died out. Due to the coding the relicators dont upgrade their technology so compared to Asgard tech the replicator ships arnt that good.

Comment

For the last 10,000 years the Replicators effectively did nothing. The Wraith switched them into passive mode and they didn't even begin to build ships until after McKay fooled with their base code and they categorized us as an enemy.

The only means to retaliate against us at the end of Season 3 was via the beam satellite since we nuked their first shipyards. Since then they managed to restart construction of the Aurora class ships that were designed 10,000+ years ago and built quite a few in such a short amount of time (40 plus previous losses against the Wraith). Hive Ships and Darts happen to be just as outdated since they had no conflict to necessitate advancement once the Ancients lost the war. In fact most of them went into hibernation so they had limited means and opportunity for technological research.

In the meantime the Travelers had 10,000 years to adapt for survival. Being forced into nomads may have deprived them of the ability for mass production, but they didn't live on luck alone. The Asgard had all that time to develop even further and the conflict with the Replicators necessitated it. Obviously the battles had been going on for some time since the Protected Planets treaty with the Goa'uld had been long established.

Earth got the fruits of everyone's labor, as we gradually acquired tech from everyone. We may only have 2 ships but they're made from the best resources currently available.

Comment

People you're all missing the point here. it's not the advancement it's the design. 304s are small yet powerful ships. the shields only shield a small area and that makes them stronger. plus mckay upgraded them when he was on his path to ascension. since the tao of rodney it's obvious that our shields are way stronger. it's like someone said...a 1974 insanely tuned up mustang

and if you add the latest updates the asgard made...you get a bad ass ships.

i also believe that this will once and for all change the fight against the wraith. they've seen what kind of firepower we now posses and they'll probably be reluctant to pick up fights with us out in the open. they'll probably try to trap our ships one by one like we did to asurans and than board them to salvage our tech....it opens up a whole lot of possible plot lines...
                        sigpic

Comment

Meh...

Our ships are faster, have better shielding, have more powerful weapons, superior beaming technology. Multiple forms of weapons nukes missles railguns and energy weps. We can decimate a planet easily with its nukes.

They have have some more advanced tech but our ships are superior in every way.

Im just wondering why they havent adapted the cloaks of PJ's to work on our battleships it would be so handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                            Im just wondering why they havent adapted the cloaks of PJ's to work on our battleships it would be so handy.
                            The Oddy has a cloak so the other 304's could likely get them installed later on down the track.

Comment

Yes, it is strange that we can beat an armada of Ancient warships, but this is fiction on tv... Humans from earth are obviously so much smarter than all the other species out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X