Daedalus Class vessels more superior than Ancient Warships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mackan View Post
    Yes, it is strange that we can beat an armada of Ancient warships, but this is fiction on tv... Humans from earth are obviously so much smarter than all the other species out there.
    We didn't though. If Mckays plan failed we would have lost the battle. We took a few ships out however we were nearly out of shields meaning we would have lost.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan View Post
      Yes, it is strange that we can beat an armada of Ancient warships, but this is fiction on tv... Humans from earth are obviously so much smarter than all the other species out there.
      Which is one of the few things i hate about SG1/SGA... too much 'humans are best'...

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
        Smaller ships are usually more manuverable.
        Plus with the ultra rapid fire rate of the Asgard beams = Death to Aurora's, Hives, other ships.

3 beam cannons=utter destruction.
        Well that is great with set turrets, it however is totally useless with Drones, which can fly pretty much in any direction.

Comment

considering the asgard had millions of years plus 10000 more to advance their tech than the alterans it's no surprise. plus being 10000 years old that tech still pwns everyone cept ori

Comment

War wise the Daedalus would be considered more powerful battle cruiser as it is maneuverable, fast, weapons fire power but in technological terms the aurora class ship would still be more advance... considering they have pods that can sustain life, life-support system that could sustain hundreds and hundreds of people, inter-galactic drives that could most likely go to earth in under a week (probably 3 days), more power efficient in terms of how they usually allocate power around...

But earth could be better IF they reveal the stargate, imagine that they did, we could be getting like 3-4 daedalus class ships every year, everybody working together to improve earth use of technology making them becoming more advance than the Gou'ld and other races

Comment

Originally posted by General Burro View Post
              considering the asgard had millions of years plus 10000 more to advance their tech than the alterans it's no surprise. plus being 10000 years old that tech still pwns everyone cept ori

Just 30,000 years ago or so the Asgard didn't even have hyperdrive. They couldn't have advanced so far in that time. Not to be close to the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                Just 30,000 years ago or so the Asgard didn't even have hyperdrive. They couldn't have advanced so far in that time. Not to be close to the Ancients.
                Look how far Humans advanced in 11 years in the stargate universe.

Comment

well from observation the ausrans cant use the ancient ships properly. they seem to be able to fire maybe 5 or 6 at most. which is like having a machine gun and then leaving it on semi automatic. some points i've noticed so far are:
                  if u watch progeny, when niam shows weir the destruction of asuras, the ancient ships move alot faster and fire batteries of 20 to 30 drones.
                  second part is when larrin tells shepard a repli ship is powering its drives. you can clearly see that both ships fire drones but shep fires more and subsequently destroys the other ship.

what i can say for sure is why the hell did they not have any shields up. also noticed only a few ships ever got there shields up. this can be seen when the travelers ship hits the ausran ship and it takes no damage. also noticed that the 302's where able to land missles on repli ships when flying at close range.

overall i think the ancients arrogance is very much integrated into the replicators they seem to fight like pirates do. just sit there and take pot shots at each other. although the 304's seem strong i doubt it would be able to take out a fully operational ancient manned warship. watch progeny again and you'll see what im on about. remember a dozen drones against a beam weapons, beam weapon wins but a hunderd drones and its a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Zar_wolf View Post
                    I have to agree with SaberBlade. The Asurans may have the technology and all, but they really need to learn how to use it. Either that or they have trouble with the mental interface and can't work the systems correctly. The most drones we've ever seen Asurans control is six, seen in "The Return" (S3) when they were trying to shoot Sheppard out of the sky. Obviously hundreds of drones can be fired at once, as shown multiple times throughout Stargate.

As for weapons and shields, I'd say we now have beat the Aurora-class shields, but those don't seem to be the best shields out there. From what we've seen, the Cruisers have more powerful shields than the Auroras, with the City Ships having the strongest. I'd be willing to bet a modded 304 would have trouble shooting down a City Ship's shield. The Weapons though you can't really compare. Our Asgard weapons can be dodged and such, whereas drones are much harder to dodge and do a ton of damage.

When it comes down to it, we can own Aurora-classes the way their used now, but if you stuck a modded 304 piloted by Humans against a Aurora piloted by trained Ancients, I think you'd have a long drawn out battle ending in a stalemate.

~Zar Wolf
                    Did you see Be all my sin remembered? Sheppard launched multiple drones and intercepted by the Asurans anti drone intercepters but missed like four drones that destroyed the Aurora.
                    sigpic
                    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Does anyone know what happned with the aurora clas ship (Tria) that traveled with light speed near midway station? What has become of that ship? is is still in betwen galaxys drifting or what. Nothin was tolld in any next part where that ship is.

Comment

ARGH...third time i have seen this post from "ThorAs"!

There are some intresting points here, we know that there is going to be no new classes in S4 but lets hope that S5 brings a new larger ship that fully incorporates the advances that have been discovered.

sigpic

Comment

Drones appear to go through Auroran Shields but you can clearly see they are not penertrating the 304s shields at the end of BAMSR 304s rock we got the tech now we need the numbers and if they would finally disclose the stargate program to the rest of Earth we might be able to get the numbers going.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                            Did you see Be all my sin remembered? Sheppard launched multiple drones and intercepted by the Asurans anti drone intercepters but missed like four drones that destroyed the Aurora.
                            That was so sweet.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostpinky View Post
                              Drones appear to go through Auroran Shields but you can clearly see they are not penertrating the 304s shields at the end of BAMSR 304s rock we got the tech now we need the numbers and if they would finally disclose the stargate program to the rest of Earth we might be able to get the numbers going.
                              if there isn't a civil war first....

Comment

Working...
                              X