X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I don't think they have the right, even if they did though, why would they bother, it makes no difference to them...
    Because they could make money; they've offered video on demand on other shows, but the gates seem to be the lesser shows in regards to PR. They stuck a full page ad for EUREKA on the back cover of E.W. - they've never done that for SGA and I thinks pigs will fly before SGA graces the backcover, or a full page ad, in EW.

Meanwhile, if Sky One premieres SGA at the same time, they could well claim the 'world premiere' title as they'd undoubtedly air it earlier

Leave a comment:

• Calhoun
    replied
    Originally posted by queerofatlantis View Post

does any one kno when season 4 will air in the uk?
    In past years, Sky One has been pretty consistant with starting new seasons of Stargate in late September (back when SG-1 had 22 episodes a season) or early October (for the last three years). This is so they can show the first half of the season before the Christmas break (ending with the mid-season cliffhanger), and show the second half starting in early January and ending sometime in March.

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    Originally posted by prion View Post
    Ah, oh yes, it does (runs away cringing. think I made that post either late at night, or before coffee substitute). I predict massive downloading to other countries. SciFi should get on the ball and offer legal downloads.
    I don't think they have the right, even if they did though, why would they bother, it makes no difference to them...

Leave a comment:

• RepliHawk
    replied
    Ah, oh yes, it does (runs away cringing. think I made that post either late at night, or before coffee substitute). I predict massive downloading to other countries. SciFi should get on the ball and offer legal downloads.
    I agree

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Huh? It says so right there that it's going to be the "First-Time Anywhere World Premiere".

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    from the blog
    Q: “I just heard SciFi have announed September 28th for the premiere of season 4. Will SciFi be world premiering (is that a word?) Adrift?”
    Answer: Yes. Sci Fi will be airing the First-Time Anywhere World Premiere of Atlantis’s fourth season. First episode up: Adrift.

So, premiere, but not world premiere. I honestly don't know if he'd know the answer to the question anyway as he only confirmed the 9/28 premiere after Skiffy released that information.

Huh? It says so right there that it's going to be the "First-Time Anywhere World Premiere".

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by queerofatlantis View Post

The only verified air date, to date, is SEptember 28th on SciFi in the US. The rest? Who knows? Some might air at the same time, others late. Perhaps you should nag, er, write your local station that airs and and say 'hey, they're getting it on the 28th. What about us?" or words to that effect

Leave a comment:

• queerofatlantis
    replied

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by ElessarUSMC View Post
    Did he actually say WORLD premier, i.e., no chance of airing in Canada or UK first? Or is there a chance he's just referring to the SFC release because they don't want anybody going and DLing it and not watching it when it airs?
    from the blog
    Q: “I just heard SciFi have announed September 28th for the premiere of season 4. Will SciFi be world premiering (is that a word?) Adrift?”
    Answer: Yes. Sci Fi will be airing the First-Time Anywhere World Premiere of Atlantis’s fourth season. First episode up: Adrift.

So, premiere, but not world premiere. I honestly don't know if he'd know the answer to the question anyway as he only confirmed the 9/28 premiere after Skiffy released that information.

Leave a comment:

• ElessarUSMC
    replied
    Heh, gee, sorta thought SciFi's own text message was the ultimate verification, as JM had said at least once in his blog he didn't know.
    Did he actually say WORLD premier, i.e., no chance of airing in Canada or UK first? Or is there a chance he's just referring to the SFC release because they don't want anybody going and DLing it and not watching it when it airs?

I'll tell you what I do for every episode of SGA/SG1 and what I'll continue to do IF they are available before the US air date - watch them when they're "available", and then turn on my TV when it "airs", and let it play. So that even though there's no chance in hell my house is recorded by Nielsen (something most people are horribly, horribly ignorant of), even in the minute chance that it is, I still count as a viewer and I'm contributing and supoortive and all that bunk.

Bottom line is I want my SG and I don't give a damn what country it comes from

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
    Apparently Season 5 will air right after Season 4 finishes but yes JM confirmed it today Season 4 of atlantis will make a world premiere on the 28th of September...
    Heh, gee, sorta thought SciFi's own text message was the ultimate verification, as JM had said at least once in his blog he didn't know.

Leave a comment:

• marty2006
    replied
    I sure hope theres a season five, season 7 would be a respectable season to bow out, would love for it to go further however.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    No, they said that "the renewal decision for S5 will be made soon after that". Nothing to do with when it airs.

Leave a comment:

• sparkygate
    replied
    Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Wait, apparent to whom? Who said anything about when Season 5 is going to premier?

stargate-sg1-solutions.com

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Wait, apparent to whom? Who said anything about when Season 5 is going to premier?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X