• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantis1
    replied
    Originally posted by adria'shusband View Post
    september 18 from wat i know
    September 18th is when the season three dvds are being released.

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by adria'shusband View Post
    SGA airs on SciFi channel on September 28th in the USA
    SGA airs on TMN (movie network- cable channel) on October 1st in Canada

Other country air dates are unknown at present.

UPDATE:
    September 18 - Season 3 SGA comes out
    A Dog's Breakfast is released
    and, in 1759, the British captured Quebec City
    Last edited by prion; 17 July 2007, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• adria'shusband
    replied

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
    Dose anyone know when it will air in the united Kindom. it finished not long after christmas would suck if the US get it same as everyone else right when you mean it all depends on the US Viewer's well for the people who love SGA n SG-1 in the rest of the world there must be quadrupel of people who watch it
    Alas, nothing in the press yet on when SGA will air outside of the States.

Leave a comment:

• TheReturnOfTheLantian
    replied
    Dose anyone know when it will air in the united Kindom. it finished not long after christmas would suck if the US get it same as everyone else right when you mean it all depends on the US Viewer's well for the people who love SGA n SG-1 in the rest of the world there must be quadrupel of people who watch it

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Re: int'l downloads. Neither SciFi nor MGM can open the downloads to the international crowd. They can't let people download the show before it aired in that specific country, cos they won't be able to sell it to the various channels airing it. The download can only be open once they aired on a regular channel in that country.
    Yes, that nasty international stuff. Heck, canucks were banned from the MGM SG site. Insane.

Anyway, Skiffy should at least do podcasts. If they can do 'em for BSG and Eureka, they should do 'em for SGA.

Leave a comment:

• Pitry
    replied
    Re: int'l downloads. Neither SciFi nor MGM can open the downloads to the international crowd. They can't let people download the show before it aired in that specific country, cos they won't be able to sell it to the various channels airing it. The download can only be open once they aired on a regular channel in that country.

Leave a comment:

• Agent_Dark
    replied
    it is real

Leave a comment:

• scum
    replied
    when you go to the season four listing and click on the first episode "adrift".
    you'll find this line: "ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.28.07"
    now is that date real or not, your guess is as good as mine.

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    Originally posted by prion View Post
    Scifi has both creative and financial input into the series, so I'm sure they have some say in the matter. Until someone produces quotes or a contract, we can only speculate.
    MGM owns all the rights, if Sci Fi had any sort of deal, you'd be seeing their logo on the DVD's.

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Yes, but they don't have the right to sell the series in any way.

Scifi has both creative and financial input into the series, so I'm sure they have some say in the matter. Until someone produces quotes or a contract, we can only speculate.

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied

SciFi has the right to advertise SGA. They have money invested in the series. You should read the old interviews with Thomas Vitale. After all, Skiffy just did a press tour for its shows - Eureka, BSG, and SGA.
    Yes, but they don't have the right to sell the series in any way.

I think you'd have to ask SciFi if they feel downloading affects them. Because they were months behind Canada, many fans did download the back half of season three. DVD sales make a big difference. Studios WANT people to buy shows on DVD. If the show don't sell on DVD, there's less incentive to keep the show going. It's the back-end marketing of foreign sales and DVDs that make a show truly profitable.
    Downloading only affects them if the episodes have aired elsewhere first, if they premier on Sci Fi but are internationally downloaded then that has no affect on them at all. I think you're confusing Sci Fi and MGM, if Sci Fi is willing to buy Stargate MGM will make it, because they will make money from it. Even if low DVD sales could kill Stargate, I doubt Sci Fi would be particularly bothered, they probably don't make that much money from it anyway...

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Sci-Fi channel says September, But I hope it comes out earlier.

Does anyone know when the Ark of Truth comes out or possibly airs?
    2008. No firm day or month yet.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Sci Fi don't have the right to do that, Stargate is property of MGM. International downloading doesn't affect Sci Fi in the slightest, neither does DVD sales.

How would they?
    SciFi has the right to advertise SGA. They have money invested in the series. You should read the old interviews with Thomas Vitale. After all, Skiffy just did a press tour for its shows - Eureka, BSG, and SGA.

I think you'd have to ask SciFi if they feel downloading affects them. Because they were months behind Canada, many fans did download the back half of season three. DVD sales make a big difference. Studios WANT people to buy shows on DVD. If the show don't sell on DVD, there's less incentive to keep the show going. It's the back-end marketing of foreign sales and DVDs that make a show truly profitable.

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    Because they could make money; they've offered video on demand on other shows, but the gates seem to be the lesser shows in regards to PR. They stuck a full page ad for EUREKA on the back cover of E.W. - they've never done that for SGA and I thinks pigs will fly before SGA graces the backcover, or a full page ad, in EW.
    Sci Fi don't have the right to do that, Stargate is property of MGM. International downloading doesn't affect Sci Fi in the slightest, neither does DVD sales.
    Meanwhile, if Sky One premieres SGA at the same time, they could well claim the 'world premiere' title as they'd undoubtedly air it earlier
    How would they?

Leave a comment:

• Ehecatl
    replied
    Sci-Fi channel says September, But I hope it comes out earlier.

Does anyone know when the Ark of Truth comes out or possibly airs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X