This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
    I am the opposite of what many people apparently want in this thread. I would not watch SGA if it was on at 9 PM. The only way I would watch its first-run broadcast is if it's at 10 PM. So take that for what you will.
    Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      Why is that?
      Because there is another program on at 9 PM that I would rather watch.
      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
        Because there is another program on at 9 PM that I would rather watch.

Ah.

Comment

At least you guys actually get season four in the near future. By the time Space channel gets season four it will be like 2010! They haven't even gotten season three yet.

Comment

This concerns UK Viewers

I Emailed Sky asking them if they could confirm an air date on Sky One and they sent back this response.

It isn't good news.

Dear Stephen

Thanks for your email regarding Stargate Atlantis.

A broadcasting date for Stargate Atlantis, season 4, has yet to be confirmed. However, I can advise that is due to be shown in America in September, therefore, we will be unable to show the programme before it is aired in America. You may wish to check with us again in September for up-to-date information.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind Regards

Lisa Neilson
            Viewer Relations
            STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
            legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

Thats not good news. Whats the email you used? Cause ive been trying to find out but with no luck. Maybe if more ppl ask they will get a move on and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by Col_Dilian View Post
                Thats not good news. Whats the email you used? Cause ive been trying to find out but with no luck. Maybe if more ppl ask they will get a move on and release it.

This is the one I used.

[email protected]

Good Luck

STARGATE ATLANTIS'S
                legacy continues with New Movies

Visit my new Stargate Atlantis Blog @

http://stephenswords.blogspot.com

Comment

We've all pretty much figured out with past events that SciFi either has their head way too far up their asses to understand what their viewers want or they simply don't care and would rather not have anything to do with the Stargate Franchise and put and end to it. Or it could just be a combo of the two. I will stay up and watch the show either way simply because I would hate for Atlantis to find the same untimely fate as SG-1. Yes, I'm still a little pissed about that one.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
                    We've all pretty much figured out with past events that SciFi either has their head way too far up their asses to understand what their viewers want or they simply don't care and would rather not have anything to do with the Stargate Franchise and put and end to it. Or it could just be a combo of the two. I will stay up and watch the show either way simply because I would hate for Atlantis to find the same untimely fate as SG-1. Yes, I'm still a little pissed about that one.
                    Here, Here!!!!

Comment

I dare say somebody at Skiffy is an idiot. This is probably the only official confirmation we'll see,in the press release sent out today re Paul McGillion

Skiffy, via NBC/Universal, put out the following press release today…

PAUL MCGILLION RETURNS TO 'STARGATE ATLANTIS'

Fan Favorite Returns for Two Episodes Torri Higginson and Christopher Judge Also Guest Star in New Season

NEW YORK – August 8, 2007 – Reports of Dr. Carson Beckett's untimely demise last season on SCI FI's Stargate Atlantis have been greatly exaggerated…or have they? Paul McGillion will reprise his role as everyone's favorite Scottish physician in a two-episode arc during the series' fourth season, which will premiere on Friday, September 28 at 10pm ET/PT.

So, they've spent a ton of money for ads which are telling everybody to tune in at the WRONG time. Aieee. Bangs head on keyboard. That's like telling someone, oh, the train leaves at 10, but plan to leave at 9, and by the time 10 rolls around, that person has caught a cab.

Comment

Ok I dont see why Sci Fi puts SGA on Friday night and there line up I liked galactica on Sunday night(I don't know how the ratings were) but it conflicted with Family Guy so i'm thinking why not Sunday at 9:00.

Comment

Sunday nights are big TV nights. SCI FI is already risking rating by the Sept start and by not taking a hiatus (thats what Gero said he thought was going to happen in his interview). They are going to be battling the big networks shows, like Sunday Night Football, Desperate Housewives and Family Guy and whatever ABC throw up (last year it was Cold Case). Its dangerous to move a show around too much, thats how a lot of shows get canceled. They get bumped around by a network trying to get better ratings, when then regular viewers cant find it or get tired of trying to follow the bouncing show.

I'm no TV exec, but I think Fridays at 10 is a good slot for them.

sigpic
                          www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                          Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

I don't have a Tivo and I'm gone Fridays and usually Saturdays(not tonight) so maybe anther night. Thats what I think

Comment

Lmao ^

sigpic
                              www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                              Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
                                Its dangerous to move a show around too much, thats how a lot of shows get canceled. They get bumped around by a network trying to get better ratings, when then regular viewers cant find it or get tired of trying to follow the bouncing show.
                                ^^^^^ I've stopped watching shows because of that. In fact, that often ends up being the primary reason I stop watching shows.

"Oh I guess it isn't on this week. I'll tune in next week."
                                *next week*
                                "Oh, I guess it isn't on this week again. Funny. They shouldn't be on their mid-season break yet. I'll try again next week."
                                *week after*
                                "Not on again? Well, now I've lost interest."

Normally I only have certain times of the week when I can watch TV. Generally Wednesday/Thursday night, and sometimes an odd evening here or there. So if a show gets moved around, I don't try to go looking for it. It's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X