This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Have greened you. I hope the UK (Skyone) announce it soon.
    It would be SO nice if sGA would, at least in the major countries, all begin the same weekend. It would make discussing the show so much easier (not that people won't find alternate methods to view the show as soon as they can).

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      It would be SO nice if sGA would, at least in the major countries, all begin the same weekend. It would make discussing the show so much easier (not that people won't find alternate methods to view the show as soon as they can).
      I agree, discussing the eps would be much easier and more enjoyable as discussion is always better with more people. And plus, the people that haven't seen it yet would have to keep themselves from getting spoilered and the people that have seen it have to think twice before posting in case they're giving away any spoilers, which all obviously results in people getting upset and arguments as spoilers are bound to get out.

And I think the part in bold sucks the most because that's what gives us a drop in ratings, unfortunately. Granted, I've been guilty of it myself on occasion but I always make a conscious effort to tune into the episode when it airs as well.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I really hope it does Air soon because I've been missing my Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          The only known airdates for season 4 are US on SciFi - September 28th and in Canada, October 1st. Alas, nothing for the UK yet.
          Ahh man.... Until now, SGA on the Movie Network here in Canada has always aired way earlier then in the States (by at least a few weeks sometimes a month), ended earlier too (season 3 ended here in march).

Now it seems we've lost our early airtime advantage and will now have to watch the show at around the time as everyone else
          "This city will survive for another ten thousand years..."

Comment

When will the season premiere, "Adrift," air so I can mark my calendar? If it's already been posted, I don't have time to read 7 pages, so post again for me, please. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              When will the season premiere, "Adrift," air so I can mark my calendar? If it's already been posted, I don't have time to read 7 pages, so post again for me, please. Thanks.
              If you looked at the post above yours, you would see the quote from prion about the US and Canadian premiere of "Adrift." You didn't have to look through 7 pages, but could have made a little bit of an effort on the last page of the thread.
              If you are not in one of those countries, then it hasn't been announced yet.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Excuse me for bring in a hurry when I posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Excuse me for bring in a hurry when I posted.
                  This season will be the best all they need to do is not to kill anyone off.
                  Join my forum if you lucky you could be a mod Free World Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                    Originally posted by Prion
                    I agree, discussing the eps would be much easier and more enjoyable as discussion is always better with more people. And plus, the people that haven't seen it yet would have to keep themselves from getting spoilered and the people that have seen it have to think twice before posting in case they're giving away any spoilers, which all obviously results in people getting upset and arguments as spoilers are bound to get out.

And I think the part in bold sucks the most because that's what gives us a drop in ratings, unfortunately. Granted, I've been guilty of it myself on occasion but I always make a conscious effort to tune into the episode when it airs as well.
                    I live in Sweden, and we're currently at season 2. Which means that the part in bold is pretty familiar to me. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it in a situation like this (yeah, sure, it might affect the ratings, but I do buy the DVDs).

Originally posted by Todd6
                    This season will be the best all they need to do is not to kill anyone off.
                    Well, they haven't done a great job so far

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
                      I live in Sweden, and we're currently at season 2. Which means that the part in bold is pretty familiar to me. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it in a situation like this (yeah, sure, it might affect the ratings, but I do buy the DVDs).
                      I understand why people do it, especially in a situation like yours, but as long as people watch the episode when it airs as well then it shouldn't really make a difference. But I think it sucks when people do it but then don't watch the episode when it airs as it leads to a drop in ratings. And if the ratings fall even though DVD sales are really good it's not going to stop a specific channel from dropping the program, as its their ratings that are being affected.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

When does SGAeason 4 start on http://www.themovienetwork.ca/

Does it not usually start earlier than in the US?

Thanks
                        CJ

Comment

It starts a few days after the s4 season premiere in the US
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeah, but The Movie Network normally takes only a very short Christmas break. Other than that they play the eps almost straight through (a one week break here, and another one there). So even though it is starting later in Canada it may end up finishing long before the SciFi season does in the US. Just like in previous years. In fact, this is the closest the 2 start dates have ever been. Normally the first part of the season played by The Movie Network is months behind SciFi, only to catch up and pass them later because of the massive breaks SciFi puts in its shows.

Hangon, hangon. I'm confused again. Which is the one that shows Atlantis straight through again? The Movie Network? Or The Movie Channel? Cause they aren't the same thing. Whichever one of those two serves Western Canada is the one that shows SG:A straight through.

Comment

Sci Fi won't be having a big gap this year anyway, at least nothing as big as last time...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                                Hangon, hangon. I'm confused again. Which is the one that shows Atlantis straight through again? The Movie Network? Or The Movie Channel? Cause they aren't the same thing. Whichever one of those two serves Western Canada is the one that shows SG:A straight through.
                                Here's the rundown on the movie network and movie central. (not sure if everyone wants to hear it. But here goes.) Both The movie network (M) and Movie central airs SGA. As for the schedule for both networks? Not sure. I can only assume that they air it ruffly the same time and date. As far as I understand everything west of Manitoba including the territories, is Movie Central's area. And M gets everything east of that.
                                Sorry for the eyesore, I'll zippit now.
                                Harmony to McKay: "Perhaps it would be best if you'd stop speaking, your voice hurts my ears."

Comment

Working...
                                X