X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
    I am the opposite of what many people apparently want in this thread. I would not watch SGA if it was on at 9 PM. The only way I would watch its first-run broadcast is if it's at 10 PM. So take that for what you will.
    Why is that?

Leave a comment:

• Orion's Star
    replied
    Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
    ... plus 10pm is a darker time slot in that one expects a show like bsg where its more serious and doesnt have the lighter side and humor that sga has... im still gonna watch but im sure a lot of ppl wont
    I am the opposite of what many people apparently want in this thread. I would not watch SGA if it was on at 9 PM. The only way I would watch its first-run broadcast is if it's at 10 PM. So take that for what you will.

Leave a comment:

• wiseowl777
    replied
    not to mention with all the cast changes that there will be some of those character driven episodes that a 1st season usually has thats usually end up not doing well in the ratings... once again im still a huge fan and still gonna watch/ buy them, but im not optimistic after this...

Leave a comment:

• wiseowl777
    replied
    i think its a death sentence.... like the network wants to chuck it and them moving it will either enable them to cancel it after season 4 or if it does well they still can renew it... either way they get what they want as a network... i think its putting the show to an extreme test with alll the new cast changes and setting it up for failure
    ... plus 10pm is a darker time slot in that one expects a show like bsg where its more serious and doesnt have the lighter side and humor that sga has... im still gonna watch but im sure a lot of ppl wont

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
    I think if you look at this from Sci-Fi's point of view, the time change makes sense. (Yes, I seem to be defending Sci-Fi. ) SGA looks to be replacing Painkiller Jane in the 10 PM slot so that the already running shows of Dr. Who and Flash Gordon don't move from their established time slots. Since it is easier to change the time of a program at the start of the season than in the middle of one, why would Sci-Fi bump out Flash Gordon (a show OWNED by them) from the 9 PM slot about 5 weeks after it's series pilot when they just can move the SGA premiere back one hour to 10 PM? Although the schedule bot could be wrong, Joe Mallozzi's answer on his blog yesterday (08/01/07) makes me think this is the correct time.

At Sci-Fi, I don't think the programming people know what the marketing/promotion people are doing and vise-versa thus you have the disconnect with the promo ads saying that it is airing at 9 PM. (My more normal view of Sci-Fi. )
    Alas, I understand your viewpoint , but it also seems to point out that Skiffy's left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. They know how long Flash Gordon will run, yet still have ads with SGA at 9pm. Well, suppose we're lucky they're not sticking ECW in that mix...

Of course, if Flash Gordon does weakly in the ratings, then it could get bumped to 10pm, hoping that a stronger lead-in of SGA would help...
    Last edited by prion; 02 August 2007, 05:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Redhooks
    replied
    I think if you look at this from Sci-Fi's point of view, the time change makes sense. (Yes, I seem to be defending Sci-Fi. ) SGA looks to be replacing Painkiller Jane in the 10 PM slot so that the already running shows of Dr. Who and Flash Gordon don't move from their established time slots. Since it is easier to change the time of a program at the start of the season than in the middle of one, why would Sci-Fi bump out Flash Gordon (a show OWNED by them) from the 9 PM slot about 5 weeks after it's series pilot when they just can move the SGA premiere back one hour to 10 PM? Although the schedule bot could be wrong, Joe Mallozzi's answer on his blog yesterday (08/01/07) makes me think this is the correct time.

At Sci-Fi, I don't think the programming people know what the marketing/promotion people are doing and vise-versa thus you have the disconnect with the promo ads saying that it is airing at 9 PM. (My more normal view of Sci-Fi. )

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    People should be happy, don't shows generally get better ratings at that time? Sci Fi obviously thinks that Atlantis is gonna attract the most viewers out of the four, so thy put it at the end hoping that viewers will watch their other shows as they're waiting for Atlantis to come on...

Leave a comment:

• jayphat99
    replied
    Honestly, what the hell is Sci-Fi thinking? Oh wait, i forgot, they're owned by universal....same people who own NBC and couldn't figure out that shows actually do good on their network if they leave them in place long enough for people to set a patern with them. Scrubs is a good example. Had it not been for an OUTPOURING of fans, the show wouldn't have survived half a dozen time slot changes.

BTW, what is with Dr. Who first, Flash Gordon second, THEN Stargate? I won't watch the first two because I have ZERO interest in them(especially Dr. Who, what the hell is going on in that show, I can never figure it out). I would be more inclined to skip the whole night if I am tired and we all know what happens when you miss an episode of Stargate......

Leave a comment:

• the fifth man
    replied
    Originally posted by prion View Post
    9:00pm is a good time, not too early, not too late...
    That's exactly how I feel. I would usually watch both Stargate shows with my Dad, whom I got into SG-1, then SGA. If SGA does move to 10pm, I think I'll find it hard to keep him awake through the entire episodes.

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Personally, I know I liked it better at 9pm. I just don't get why they have to keep messing with time-slots.
    Well, to my knowledge there has been no official press release, just the schedulebot, which has been wrong before, and things often get rescheduled. I mean, MEGASNAKE was first to air last weekend but is now at the end of August.

9:00pm is a good time, not too early, not too late...

Leave a comment:

• the fifth man
    replied
    Originally posted by prion View Post
    GW is now reporting that SGA will air at 10pm, not 9pm. It's what's on Skiffy's schedulebot, yet their ads all say 9pm, so somebody's made a mistake. If it's true, this may not be at all good if people see the ads, and tune in at 9pm and see Flash Gordon and go, oh, that's not it and turn off the tube. I'd like to see SGA retain the 9pm slot as otherwise the repeat will be at 1:00 a.m. 9m is actually a more coveted time slot.
    Personally, I know I liked it better at 9pm. I just don't get why they have to keep messing with time-slots.

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    GW is now reporting that SGA will air at 10pm, not 9pm. It's what's on Skiffy's schedulebot, yet their ads all say 9pm, so somebody's made a mistake. If it's true, this may not be at all good if people see the ads, and tune in at 9pm and see Flash Gordon and go, oh, that's not it and turn off the tube. I'd like to see SGA retain the 9pm slot as otherwise the repeat will be at 1:00 a.m. 9m is actually a more coveted time slot.

Leave a comment:

• mircalla
    replied
    Originally posted by IWKYZerocool View Post
    Well at least some people are lucky and can watch it on tv, I have lost skyone so I have no choice but to find another way to get hold of it, but I do buy the dvds to make up for it.
    Like you I'm stuck without Sky One and have no way of seeing on TV. Here in the UK I've only seen series one picked up by terrestrial tv and then sneaked in as if they were ashamed of it. No hope of seeing series 4 unless I use illegitemate means. Battlestar Gallactica and Heroes have been picked up so why not Atlantis, IMHO the best series of the three?

Leave a comment:

• PhatChance
    replied
    Canada is starting later than usual this year correct? In previous years I remember they start about a month after US (around late August or early Sept) by that time US is wrapping on the first half and take a 4 month hiatus but the Canadian channel only take 2-3 weeks and air the rest straight through.

US also might not finish the first half first since the network here take the show off if there's a major holiday week. Columbus day, Thanksgiving, etc.....

Unless they do a double showing in the premiere, Sci-fi will be behind whatever Canadian channel is airing.

Leave a comment:

• IWKYZerocool
    replied
    Originally posted by Nikki View Post
    I understand why people do it, especially in a situation like yours, but as long as people watch the episode when it airs as well then it shouldn't really make a difference. But I think it sucks when people do it but then don't watch the episode when it airs as it leads to a drop in ratings. And if the ratings fall even though DVD sales are really good it's not going to stop a specific channel from dropping the program, as its their ratings that are being affected.
    Well at least some people are lucky and can watch it on tv, I have lost skyone so I have no choice but to find another way to get hold of it, but I do buy the dvds to make up for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X