Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    I think she will have it.

It's not really a matter of having her like or dislike Carson, but needing someone to sit in the chair when Sheppard can't. McKay and Zelenka end up working on the technical side, Sheppard can be too busy, so having a recurring character with the gene (although artifically given so it would add a bit of difference from Carson) would at least cut down on having random background characters used for important scenes.

But I would prefer her to be non natural with her ATA gene. 10,000 years have passed since the Ancients interbred with humans, so it's supposed to be rare and already we've had Sheppard and Beckett in SGA with the gene, plus there is Jack in SG1. So cutting down on the amount of naturals would make it seem more of a rarity.
    Major Lorne has the gene too remember. If I remember correctly, the only reason Beckett was manning the chair in "Misbegotten" was because everyone else with the gene was away fighting the wraith (the Apollo, probably required a crew with the Ancient gene)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      Major Lorne has the gene too remember. If I remember correctly, the only reason Beckett was manning the chair in "Misbegotten" was because everyone else with the gene was away fighting the wraith (the Apollo, probably required a crew with the Ancient gene)
      Lorne would just be another reason why we need a non-combatant recurring character with the gene, rather than having some sort of "genie of the week" where random background characer gets to use the chair because Sheppard is off doing something. If there is trouble like we've seen before, even Lorne would be off somewhere doing his job and I don't really think even the Daedalus or Apollo could really spare someone as everyone on the ship probably has a role to fill.

Although it would be cool for him to get some chair action, I can't see it happening if he's needed elsewhere.

sigpic

Comment

don't you mean the Orion???

Comment

Originally posted by P2J
          after watching the first half of the seaosn i would say no she doesn't have the ata gene
          I would have to agree
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Usually TPTB have a habit of telling you right away if someone has the gene (or the gene therapy worked). I'd say no.

Comment

Could always be a chance she'd get the ATA gene.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                Could always be a chance she'd get the ATA gene.
                I doubt it, if she was going to get it she already would have.
                sigpic

Comment

I'd actually like Keller to have the gene...it'd give another layer and purpose to her character
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                    I'd actually like Keller to have the gene...it'd give another layer and purpose to her character
                    Yes but what we "like" and what happens are two very different things. Unless there is a new breakthrough with the gene therapy I don't see her having it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Uh why? THe Apollo is an Earth Vessel.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

She used a "scanning device" is 'Tracker', you don't see it but it makes the same scanning noise as the one in 'The Tower' and Otho used that without the gene so really its anyones guess.

Comment

Wait no, McKay said she doesn't have the gene in 'Identity'.

Comment

Working...
                          X