Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Asurans really Replicators? (spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, the Asurans are replicators. That can't be denied. But, I think calling them replicators all the time makes them seem like ripped-off versions of the replicators.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      Humans kill to survive

The Wraith kill to survive

therefore humans?!!!!

I don't think so.

Its like saying humans and fish both eat, so they are and should be considered the same thing.
      I believe your syllogism to be faulty.

Unlike killing or eating or sleeping which are fairly general traits common to many species and beings throughout the universe, replication is an attribute that is very specific to the replicators.

The fact that Asurans share this unique characteristic indicates that there's a strong possibility they are related.

I of course am curious how Reese's father is connected to the Atlanteans or Asurans. Was he himself an Atlantean? If so, why did he create Reese in the first place? Did he he believe he could fix what went wrong in the original experiment? But to what end?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        Was he himself an Atlantean? If so, why did he create Reese in the first place? Did he he believe he could fix what went wrong in the original experiment? But to what end?
        The similarity in the technology is highly indicative that he either is an Ancient or an Ancient shared the technology with him (which is highly unlikely).

Why did he do it? Maybe he was like Janus and felt that he knew better than the wisdom of the others and built it against their orders.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          The similarity in the technology is highly indicative that he either is an Ancient or an Ancient shared the technology with him (which is highly unlikely).

Why did he do it? Maybe he was like Janus and felt that he knew better than the wisdom of the others and built it against their orders.
          That seems to be a logical conclusion.

But I still have to wonder what his reasoning would be.

Let's accept as a given that Reese's father was an Atlantean.

Since the purpose for the Asurans was to fight and defeat the Wraith and Reese's father was in the Milky Way galaxy with neither the means nor opportunity to return to the Pegasus galaxy...and thusly was far, far away from the Wraith, what was his motivation in creating Reese?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

The Ancients/Alterans were above all scientists. Maybe it was science for science's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              The Ancients/Alterans were above all scientists. Maybe it was science for science's sake.
              That's very possible, especially given the fact that they have a long history of being a bit full of themselves.

Perhaps Reese's father made her because he was lonely and wanted a daughter. Maybe he thought he could iron out the flaws in the original programming...but of course learned the hard way that he could not.

I hope we find out about the connection between Reese and the Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                That's very possible, especially given the fact that they have a long history of being a bit full of themselves.
                "And those who are prideful...shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  Okay, the Asurans are replicators. That can't be denied. But, I think calling them replicators all the time makes them seem like ripped-off versions of the replicators.
                  That's because they are ripped-off versions of the replicators.
                  "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
                    That's because they are ripped-off versions of the replicators.
                    They aren't ripped-off versions of the replicators. It's like saying that other humans in the galaxy are ripped-off versions of the Tauri. They are entirely different races.
                    Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                    Live within the moment. There is only now, ENJOY.

Proud F.O.R.D. Member My LiveJournal Rainbow/Aiden Ford Thunk Thread

Comment

I have no problem with calling Asurans, repliactors.
                      As I sees it, replicators is same as we call for example bugs. But there is different types of bugs. In this case there is different types of Replicators.
                      Asurans replicators
                      Human replicators (replicators of MW)
                      Bug replicators (replicators of MW)

Comment

Not this discussion again......

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Tempus View Post
                          I have no problem with calling Asurans, repliactors.
                          As I sees it, replicators is same as we call for example bugs. But there is different types of bugs. In this case there is different types of Replicators.
                          Asurans replicators
                          Human replicators (replicators of MW)
                          Bug replicators (replicators of MW)
                          I think this is a great point. You could even break it down into something like nationality. However you want basically. They've got similar characteristics, they're all replicators, but their differences set them apart from each other. It's really all in the way you want to end up classifying things.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                          "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by newtrekker View Post
                            They aren't ripped-off versions of the replicators. It's like saying that other humans in the galaxy are ripped-off versions of the Tauri. They are entirely different races.
                            Wait, so if I move to Mars I'm no longer the same as the people on Earth? Wow, I had no idea it worked like that.
                            "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

Comment

So why aren't you complaining about all those other ripped-off enemies we've had to face in the past who were just human?

Or do you?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                So why aren't you complaining about all those other ripped-off enemies we've had to face in the past who were just human?

Or do you?
                                I'm not complaining, I'm simply pointing out that the Asurans are a ripped-off version of a former enemy.

I don't really care one way or the other if the Asurans are how they are. I just think they're a stupid, pointless, retread. But that doesn't stop my enjoyment of the show (for the most part).

Comment

Working...
                                X