Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elizabeth!!! Because Atlantis without Elizabeth is not Atlantis...I love Sam, and I don't mind if she appears in sga sometimes, but she remains a sg1 character;
    Besides, I don't see why she would be more qualified that Elizabeth who has been in charge for the past three years.

Save Elizabeth

Comment

Elizabeth IS the leader, and she should remain as such!

NO ELIZABETH
      NO CARSON
      NO ATLANTIS

Comment

I will say, loud and proud, that I want Weir to lead the Atlantis expedition.

As for reasons, what can I say that alyssa and Sapph and all you beautiful others haven't said already?
        Dr. Weir has a unique strength that not only the other characters draw from, but many fans do as well. Weir proves that you don't have to be a leading scientist or a military officer to be powerful and strong. Sometimes, all it takes it a well thought out discussion, looking at it from the other person's point of view, and some kindness.
        Also, Weir has an incredibly strong bond with the people of the Atlantis. They would willingingly go literally to hell and back for her. How do you all of a sudden cut that off and try to put a new leader in there?
        And lastly (because I'm short on time here), she was willing to sacrifice herself. She put herself on the line, not only for her people, but also for the city itself more than once.

Sig by sofie

Comment

Definitely Elizabeth.

Comment

I voted for Weir. Although I loved Sam on SG1, I agree with what most of you have already stated. The Atlantis mission was supposed to be a multi-national scientific expedition, but now it's become a military operation with a few Canadians and one part-time Czech civilians. I think Sam is already a combination of both McKay and Sheppard (but without the penchant for disobeying ordres)--I don't see any gain from bringing her over to SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte View Post
              Elizabeth. No question where that's concerned. I mean I like Carter on SG-1, but I'm not too keen on seeing her on Atlantis.

The Atlantis expedition has belonged to Elizabeth from the beginning and she's a strong leader who knows what's best for the city and her people. She knows when to admit she doesn't have all the answers, and even the alternate version of herself was willing to throw away her entire life to save her team and the city.

So for me, definitely Weir all the way!
              ditto that - Weir gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                Completely seconded.

Alternate!Weir spent her entire life and then died to save the city and the expedition. Elizabeth deserves the position she has.
                ITA with you and alyssa. If AU!Weir hadn't sacrificed her whole life, then they would have all died when they first put step into Atlantis.

Elizabeth is definitely the only one I can see leading the expedition. She had proved that even if she's not in the military, she can lead Atlantis during an attack. She kept her head in every situation they had encountered.

And more than everything else, they trust her, both the military and the civilians.

As for Sam, I can see her leading the SGC at one point in time, but not Atlantis. It's not where she should be.

So Elizabeth all the way.

Comment

I'm a big Sam fan, as you can probably tell But I think Weir should lead Atalntis, its her base and civilian run. L look forward to seeing Sam on the show, perhaps commanding her own ship and interacting with all the characters. I think Elizabeth and Sam could have some great moments on screen
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

WEIR because...

SAM should be on SG1 where she belongs, i hate her character and shes never been good at commanding anyone in her life (that ep where she lost her cool in front of dr lee, that ep where the pilots would rather listen to a teenager-jack than sam, the fact that CAM pretty much took over her role in season 9, daniel wouldnt listen to her "orders" in that episode in season 8 with mayborne)

WEIR has earned her right to be leader, against all opposition from military (everitt), IOA (woosley) not to mention she has made all teh tough decisions and managed to keep atlantis running smoothly.

WEIR is a part of the "family", she actually fits into the group dynamic unlike sam who will be shoehorned in

the fact that WEIR actually has better chemistry with mckay than sam ever will and she can keep mckay in line.

TORRI deserves the role, she has played it fantastically and earned the right to continue the role she started, she has helped make the show as successful as it is

ETA: it was meant to be led by a civilian and should remain so, she works well with sheppard on the military side.

and just because i like WEIR, not some sg1 has been.

(sorry if anyone likes sam but ive had enough of sg1 imposing on my show)

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

My vote goes to Carter she really deserves a Leader type role.
                      Actor
                      [/URL]Stargate Worlds Community Website

Comment

Originally posted by AJZ View Post
                        My vote goes to Carter she really deserves a Leader type role.
                        Sure she does. Just not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                          Weir...no question. Carter has no place on Atlantis, if anybody deserves to be there it is Daniel.

I really hate the idea of any SG1 charcters crossing over if it means that much loved existing characters have to leave to make room for them. These people have given three years of thier lives making Atlantis the show it is to cast them aside the way tptb have is disgraceful.
                          Out of anyone on Earth Carter would have the most reason to be there out of anybody!

Jackson is a translator, McKay, Weir, Zelenka & others can already read Ancient. So no need ofr DJ to be there.

Teal'c would be a good warrior because of his tactical fighting experience, not to mention Replicator experience. However barring that, he would be better off in the MW with the Jaffa problems.

Vala isn't really useful either, there is less in Pegasus for her to steal, con etc because all the planets are primitive.

Mitchell would probably be good for a ship commander because of his flying expertise. Other than that, I doubt him & Shep could function together in the same team.

That leaves Carter. One of if not the best & smartest human scientists going today (IMO smarter than McKay). Atlantis is the most advanced city that's been come across as of yet. It contains a Lantean Database filled with all their knowledge, schematics, plans etc, etc. The new enemy is Replicators. Which she is the foremost expert on. Hence she has more reason than anyone, including all the main SGA team members to be there. The only ones who probably would be of more benefit with everything Atlantis/Wraith/Replicators would be Asgards. They cost too much to put in regularly, so aren't ever going to make them a regular recurring character.

However I don't think she should be the leader of the expedition. Personally I think they already have the perfect charcter in Col,Caldwell. MP to me is the best actor on the show. So I think they should hire him as a full time cast member then put him as the military leader of Atlantis. With Weir perhaps in charge of all the scientists. A bit like what happened in 'Instinct' when Shep took sick. That would provide good drama & stories to have such a thing happen!

Comment

Weir...no contest.

Any critisms she 'can't lead' are entirely down to the writing. She is and always will be the 'leader' of the Atlantis Expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                              WEIR because...

SAM should be on SG1 where she belongs, i hate her character and shes never been good at commanding anyone in her life (that ep where she lost her cool in front of dr lee, that ep where the pilots would rather listen to a teenager-jack than sam, the fact that CAM pretty much took over her role in season 9, daniel wouldnt listen to her "orders" in that episode in season 8 with mayborne)

WEIR has earned her right to be leader, against all opposition from military (everitt), IOA (woosley) not to mention she has made all teh tough decisions and managed to keep atlantis running smoothly.

WEIR is a part of the "family", she actually fits into the group dynamic unlike sam who will be shoehorned in

the fact that WEIR actually has better chemistry with mckay than sam ever will and she can keep mckay in line.

TORRI deserves the role, she has played it fantastically and earned the right to continue the role she started, she has helped make the show as successful as it is

ETA: it was meant to be led by a civilian and should remain so, she works well with sheppard on the military side.

and just because i like WEIR, not some sg1 has been.

(sorry if anyone likes sam but ive had enough of sg1 imposing on my show)
                              You said it all!
                              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

This is tough one. I guess person that did it for last 3 years would be the best for the role, someone with diplomatic background and experience.... that reminds of someone ... hmmm... Weir or something?
                                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Working...
                                X