This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I posted this in another thread, so I'll just copy and paste

I want Weir to keep leading the expedition!!

This expedition was supposed to be a scientific expedition from the start. Hence the civilian leader...
    That's one of the things that made it different from SG-1... If we now not only get a major SG-1 character crossing over, but give her the responsibility and reduce Weir

Spoiler:
    to recurring

we can rename the show to Stargate Sg-1 in Atlantis...

To me, it feels like they are trying to merge the two shows now that one is canceled. They were supposed to be two seperate shows and I want it to stay that way!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      Elizabeth. No question where I'm concerned. She's led the exhibition from day one, she's a negotiator, she's a linguist, and she's a civilian.

The character is strong, but strong enough to know when to defer to scientists and/or military.

If you have Carter, who's both military and a scientist, she's going to be less likely to consult, and more likely to make a decision purely on her own opinion. That's not always going to be right.

Plus, we've had ten bloody years of Carter. The Atlantis team deserves the right to prove that it can be just as successful as the SG1 team, if not more so.

So for me, Elizabeth all the way. I'm not at all happy about Sam appearing in any eps of Atlantis.
      Completely seconded.

Alternate!Weir spent her entire life and then died to save the city and the expedition. Elizabeth deserves the position she has.

Comment

Most definitely Elizabeth.

I have nothing against Carter, I don't really know anything about her since I'm not a fan of SG1, just SGA. Therefore I have no idea about her leadership skills or lack of them, but the Atlantis expedition has belonged to Elizabeth from day one. Like we've been saying lately, why fix what ain't broken?
        When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
        My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Most definitely Elizabeth and only Elizabeth.
          I like the way Elizabeth opinion outweighed all the rest( especially over some of the male characters) with her intellect and this is soo charming. She is the only one person which must lead the expedition.
          sigpic
          Freedom for the Bulgarian medics in Lybia

Comment

Lizzeh. Carter should be leading SG-!

Comment

Definately Weir.

I second everything that alyssa has stated.

While Carter has unquestionable leadership skills in some areas, this is not one of them. Negotiating, both between the members of the expediton and for possible future allies, isn't one of her strong suits. She doesn't have the necessary expertise and experience, nor the necessary traits. Weir has all of these. It has been stated time and again that she has negotiated treaties of different kinds. We have seen that she can state her argument qute clearly and all members of the team will follow that decision. Not necessarily because she is the 'leader' but because they respect her decision and her judgement.

Despite the fact that Carter might relate to both the scientists and the military aspect of the expedition, she will undoubtably always prefer one of them, and that shows bias. Then we have the unknown factor of dealing with the members who are just civilians, whom we have never seen her interact with in a superior 'boss' way and who, in fact, may have a problem with her because she is military. I can't see the civilians having this problem with Weir because she's not necessary. That's one less hurdle to jump.

Plus, being military, there is always the possibility that Carter will expect her orders to be carried out ASAP, no questions asked. And that is just inviting disaster. Not consulting with your department heads is a surefire way to make sure that people feel alienated, and that leads to resentment. Weir has always included Sheppard and McKay, and on occassion their 2iC's, in any major decisions.

IMO, Weir is the best person out of these two to lead the expedition.
              Last edited by SapphireJewelledQueen; 19 January 2007, 03:57 AM.

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Definitely Elizabeth Weir
                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

There is no question that Dr. Elizabeth Weir is the leader of the Atlantis Expedition. From Antarctica to the Pegasus Galaxy she led the original team that discovered the lost city of Atlantis. She left her home and family as did all the others, knowing that she might never return, to attempt in the words of John Sheppard "the biggest hail mary in human history." She has faced down arrogant military leaders, megalomaniacal tyrants and wraith queens to complete her mission and keep her people safe. It is unthinkable to even consider replacing her.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Elizabeth!
                    The true nature of the Atlantis expedition is the exploration although the backup of the military is needed.
                    To combine these two things you need a civilian leader.
                    Age is an issue of mind over matter...if you don't mind it doesn't matter

...Bonkers. But Brilliant...

Comment

Oh Weir, without question, and that's still based on admiration of both characters as two strong and intelligent women.

The whole purpose of the expedition was to not be militarily oriented. Granted, we've gotten a bit too much away from that, and I blame the writers for not fully utilizing Weir's skill at a negotiator, but Atlantis needs to remain as non-military as possible. Sam doesn't have the skills that Weir has.

And let's remember: this is Stargate Atlantis, NOT Stargate SG-1: Atlantis, thank you.

That having been said, by TPTB relegating Weir to a reoccuring position, they are really missing out on a solid opportunity of credible character interaction. Weir and Carter do not like each other. Neither believes the other is qualified to be in a leadership position, and this could have been an interesting part of the show. We may still see some of this, but it won't be to the extent that it will be interesting if Weir is reoccuring.

Comment

Originally posted by Pellmelody View Post
                        Oh Weir, without question, and that's still based on admiration of both characters as two strong and intelligent women.

The whole purpose of the expedition was to not be militarily oriented. Granted, we've gotten a bit too much away from that, and I blame the writers for not fully utilizing Weir's skill at a negotiator, but Atlantis needs to remain as non-military as possible. Sam doesn't have the skills that Weir has.

And let's remember: this is Stargate Atlantis, NOT Stargate SG-1: Atlantis, thank you.

That having been said, by TPTB relegating Weir to a reoccuring position, they are really missing out on a solid opportunity of credible character interaction. Weir and Carter do not like each other. Neither believes the other is qualified to be in a leadership position, and this could have been an interesting part of the show. We may still see some of this, but it won't be to the extent that it will be interesting if Weir is reoccuring.
                        I remember reading a fan's dissection of one of Weir's actions on the show. It was negotiation, which failed miserably (oh wait, ep hasn't aired here yet). Said fan ranted about weir's horrid negotiating skills - which boils down to the fact that the writers DON'T know how to writer her character. Some are better than others and other writers should probably be forced to sit through some tapes on how to negotiate.

Weir is a very good character; the writers just need to stop sliding through her dialogue/actions and get serious. Instead, they reduce the character's air time. I suspect instead we'll just get more technobabble.

As for who should lead the expedition: Elizabeth. Just get some new writers.

Comment

Elizabeth should lead Atlantis!!!

I love Carter, but she's seen too much action to switch all those adventures for a desk job. Sorry, I just don't see her being in charge of a city.

Comment

Originally posted by StratoBOB View Post
                            Most definitely Elizabeth and only Elizabeth.
                            I like the way Elizabeth opinion outweighed all the rest( especially over some of the male characters) with her intellect and this is soo charming. She is the only one person who must lead the expedition.
                            I agree. It has to be Elizabeth. Look at this video and see for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHICbXIPcE
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Weir...no question. Carter has no place on Atlantis, if anybody deserves to be there it is Daniel.

I really hate the idea of any SG1 charcters crossing over if it means that much loved existing characters have to leave to make room for them. These people have given three years of thier lives making Atlantis the show it is to cast them aside the way tptb have is disgraceful.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Elizabeth. No question where that's concerned. I mean I like Carter on SG-1, but I'm not too keen on seeing her on Atlantis.

The Atlantis expedition has belonged to Elizabeth from the beginning and she's a strong leader who knows what's best for the city and her people. She knows when to admit she doesn't have all the answers, and even the alternate version of herself was willing to throw away her entire life to save her team and the city.

So for me, definitely Weir all the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X