This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
    "Recurring" doesn't give me hope. Ford went to recurring and disappeared, remember? But yeah. I already was trying to get my head out of fandom (which is harder than it might seem when one's second favourite character in anything ever is involved), but this, oh, this just makes me even more furious with TPTB. I detest Carter's interactions with the existing Atlantis crew as it is.
    How can you detest her interaction with the Atlantis crew when we've only seen her interact with McKay and Weir?

Oh wait, Shep and she did share one line of dialog in Pegasus Project...so there's that.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post

Oh wait, Shep and she did share one line of dialog in Pegasus Project...so there's that.
      Cant forget about that
      sigpic

Comment

How can you detest her interaction with the Atlantis crew when we've only seen her interact with McKay and Weir?

Don't get me wrong, because as I said, I do love Sam, but when she's around members of the Atlantis crew she always seems either to ignore them almost completely or to be angry with them. Both of which annoy the hell out of me. She turns McKay into a whining fishwife every time she's around him, except for Grace Under Pressure where she was being hallucinated, and she was damn near blackmailing Weir in New Order, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
          Don't get me wrong, because as I said, I do love Sam, but when she's around members of the Atlantis crew she always seems either to ignore them almost completely or to be angry with them. Both of which annoy the hell out of me. She turns McKay into a whining fishwife every time she's around him, except for Grace Under Pressure where she was being hallucinated, and she was damn near blackmailing Weir in New Order, IIRC.
          No and you have every right to like or not like whatever you want to...it's just that she hasn't been around more than two of the Atlantis crew so I don't get how you can make a sweeping determination about her interaction with the rest of them. I want to see how she relates to Shep, Teyla, Ronon and Radek too.

I have no idea what you mean by "whining fishwife". I've never heard the term before. LOL I enjoy their interaction but I'm glad that both Amanda and David are aware that their interactions can't be the focal point of the show and that also it's better in small doses.

As for New Order...I'd say Carter used strong negotiating tactics wit her...but it was done in respectfully. Look at how Weir responds to it. Her expression communicates a sense of "touché" as she acknowledges with a smile that Sam is utilizing the same negotiating tactic that Weir and the other diplomats were with the international community regarding the use of the stargate.

I sensed no animosity at all between them...with Liz having already earning Sam's respect by how she stood up to Kinsey and Sam earning Liz's both with her record and her ability to negotiate for what she wanted.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well, I did sense animosity, and I didn't enjoy it. From where I'm standing she seems to behave toward them as if they're complete newbies when she's been talking about the expedition in other episodes of SG-1, which okay, she has more experience than they do, but it doesn't wash.

As for Rodney, I hate what he becomes when he's around her-- all the character development and the softening of his original superiority complex gets blown away and he goes right back to the annoying git he was in "48 Hours". That's not who he is anymore, and I hate that the writers just dump all his character development out of the window for his interactions with Carter.

Frankly, I don't care how she interacts with the characters that we haven't seen her interact with yet, because how she is with those we have seen makes me annoyed enough to not want to watch it at all.

Comment

Hi, I am new to the whole Stargate thing. I have never watched one single episode of SG1! One night nothing else was on so I watched SGA and Fell in LOVE! I have since bought seasons 1 and 2 and have done everything possible to get a chance to see what I have missed in season 3( all in the last 2 weeks)! I love Dr. Weir and the way she runs Atlantis, She actually cares about her people. If this show is turned into another SG1 with Carter(is that her name?) in charge, I WILL not be watching it anymore. I am former military and my husband is still active duty. I have been stationed where there are actual civilians in charge along with a CO and the atmosphere is a lot better than just a plain military command. IMO they should keep the show exactly as it is b/c obviously it has been working for them. I am glad that I am not the only one that feels this way. Maybe we can save Dr. Weir. I mean, Isn't it all about what the fans want anyway?

Comment

No and you have every right to like or not like whatever you want to...it's just that she hasn't been around more than two of the Atlantis crew so I don't get how you can make a sweeping determination about her interaction with the rest of them. I want to see how she relates to Shep, Teyla, Ronon and Radek too.

I have no idea what you mean by "whining fishwife". I've never heard the term before. LOL I enjoy their interaction but I'm glad that both Amanda and David are aware that their interactions can't be the focal point of the show and that also it's better in small doses.

As for New Order...I'd say Carter used strong negotiating tactics wit her...but it was done in respectfully. Look at how Weir responds to it. Her expression communicates a sense of "touché" as she acknowledges with a smile that Sam is utilizing the same negotiating tactic that Weir and the other diplomats were with the international community regarding the use of the stargate.

I sensed no animosity at all between them...with Liz having already earning Sam's respect by how she stood up to Kinsey and Sam earning Liz's both with her record and her ability to negotiate for what she wanted.
                I agree neither did I. They seemed to get along fine. I personally love how she and mckay get along so I'm quite interested in seeing how this plays out. I do hope weir isnt gone for good, as I'd love to see them interacting with each other.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I agree there has never been any animosity between the two!! I see nothing but genuine respect for one another! The same with Sam and all members of Atlantis. I look forward to seeing Sam interact with all members of Atlantis.... especially with her military and scientific training. She can relate to everyone on many different levels. Sam ran the Head of R & D Dept. at Area 51 (100+ scientists) and then all her years in the military and then leading SG-1 in s8, co-leading in s9 & s10. Hey at least with all the responsibilities Sam has on Earth
                  Spoiler:
                  then it leaves the door open for Weir once she recovers from her injuries. I could see Sam going to check on Weir and touching moments between the two. I could also see Weir's character strengthened by overcoming such odds and gaining more respect from her peers.
                  Weir will be there in S4 according to TPTB... they made the decision back in s3. So once that decision was made they began looking for another character to come in and out of all the possibilities I am glad they chose Carter. Because she doesn't need introduction, she has been to Atlantis, no back story needed. It's not a brand new character that we would need more backstory, more introductions, etc. If Caldwell came in and took over as we all know that's what he wants... then I would think the Weir character would never return, but as it stands I see it has a temporary assignment
                  Spoiler:
                  while Weir returns from the dark side or gets better or whatever storyline TPTB planned for Weir back in s3
                  . Weir will be back.

Comment

Even if she does return in season five, if this show gets a season five... I won't be there to see it. I've had enough of TPTB on this show screwing with their fans. They've done it with Sam/Jack, and they've done it right through SGA with Teyla/John/Elizabeth, and they've killed off or removed most of the characters I've actually loved (Martouf, Janet, Jonas, and now Elizabeth being reduced to recurring). And as for Joe Mallozzi's appallingly unprofessional behaviour with fans, let's not even go there.

I think I'm done with this thread, for now-- not watching season four anyway, I just came in here to tell you lot the new spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                      I agree there has never been any animosity between the two!! I see nothing but genuine respect for one another! The same with Sam and all members of Atlantis. I look forward to seeing Sam interact with all members of Atlantis.... especially with her military and scientific training. She can relate to everyone on many different levels. Sam ran the Head of R & D Dept. at Area 51 (100+ scientists) and then all her years in the military and then leading SG-1 in s8, co-leading in s9 & s10. Hey at least with all the responsibilities Sam has on Earth
                      Spoiler:
                      then it leaves the door open for Weir once she recovers from her injuries. I could see Sam going to check on Weir and touching moments between the two. I could also see Weir's character strengthened by overcoming such odds and gaining more respect from her peers.
                      Weir will be there in S4 according to TPTB... they made the decision back in s3. So once that decision was made they began looking for another character to come in and out of all the possibilities I am glad they chose Carter. Because she doesn't need introduction, she has been to Atlantis, no back story needed. It's not a brand new character that we would need more backstory, more introductions, etc. If Caldwell came in and took over as we all know that's what he wants... then I would think the Weir character would never return, but as it stands I see it has a temporary assignment
                      Spoiler:
                      while Weir returns from the dark side or gets better or whatever storyline TPTB planned for Weir back in s3
                      . Weir will be back.
                      Nice post I agree.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Sorry if this has been mentioned, I'm new to this thread:

I read a random post in Joseph Mallozi's blog that said, in response to a fan question about Carter's role on Atlantis, that they had no intention of making a five-person team. So unless they're planning on booting Teyla or Ronan or McKay out, it sounds as though Carter's going to either 1) head her own team, which is unlikely since they can't afford to focus on two team's stories [though CSI does that well enough], 2) to the despair of some fans, she may take over Atlantis and militarize it in the face of all the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy or 3) do her own thing, she's so perfect that she can go off-world and save the day on her own! Given Weir's state in the the previous season, it may be a temporary reassignment as the city's leader while Weir recovers.

Sheppard obviously can't take over, given Caldwell's scathing comments about his report-making and organizing abilities, and as much as we may like the character, Sheppard's more a take-action dude, not a 'city-bound, big-picture-focused, facilitating scientist v military debates and dealing with endless reports on banal everyday life problems' kind of person. He'd want to be out in the field, not being a paper-pusher. [RDA only resorted to that in the 8th season, on his way out of the show.] Besides, it was a battle for Weir to keep him as the city's main military officer, it wouldn't be realistic for him to *run* the entire city now. Carter would make sense, as she's both scientist and soldier, and she's saved the world enough times, so she's a safe bet for the political types back on Earth. I don't like the idea, as I want Weir to be a full-time character, but this is just my theory.
                        'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                        will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                        It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                        Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

borgprincess, it was confirmed a couple of days ago that Carter is taking over from Elizabeth as leader of Atlantis.

Needless to state, I, among a whole slew of others, am NOT best pleased.

Comment

Just replacing one bad leader with another imo, hopefully the change in dynamic will be interesting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Leiutenant Bong View Post
                              Could this possibly mean that Amanda Tapping might be playing the replicator form of herself. As it has been stated on other threads that it takes a few years to produce a ship. So how can we have the Apollo and another new ship for Sam, built very close to each other.

Just a thought...
                              They built the Odessey and the Russian one within a year.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The Korolev was rushed into service and wasn't supposed to be out for another year.

Comment

Working...
                                X