Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    Happy Birthday, Integrabyte!

Thank you very much. I'll make an exception today and I will not cover you with Stinky Socks !!! .

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      You were the one that suggested hugging a wall socket
      Yeah, but women are not supposed to agree with men .

You buttered your ski's????
      Wasn't exactly butter, to be frank. Some special thingie to make them...let's just say ...work better . I used to grease my snow sleigh too . Kids...they grow up so fast .

I once saw a woman pour a kettle of boiling water over her car's windscreen to melt the ice, the look on her face when the screen shattered was a picture
      Guess she skipped highschool. Was that a sexist comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Things just got very heated. There were some inappropriate comments, but I think for the most part it was just the degree to which people were getting worked up in the discussion. Regardless, it wasn't the first time and I daresay it won't be the last time that a heated debated happens on the forum. I'd be very dissapointed if it were.

Jenks and I don't love each other . We were bound to nudge one another .

Aw. You missed out on the best part. I'm sure Integrabyte and I could reproduce those "lost" pages if the offer was tempting enough.

It seems my browser's cache did not save it...funny..it should be available offline...I can elaborate .

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          The Days of Keller's Life will be the end of me too if TPTB continue to focus on her as much as they did in Season 4. The only way to salvage this character for me would be if TPTB kept the focus on her as a doctor. I want them to show me why they made her Atlantis' CMO. I have no interest in her love life.
          Yes, if they had focused on her professionally, I probably wouldn't have such a problem with her. I watched part of Adrift recently and she was actually in charge, doing her job intently, trying to save Weir. Then she starts to have lots and lots of screen time, beginning in Doppleganger, devoted mostly to her fears, which for me wasn't interesting, and weakened my belief in her qualifications for her position. And then the whole love triangle thing--just turned me off big time.

With so many changes, SGA almost stopped feeling like the SGA everyone had come to know and love. The lead characters were still there, but so much was different.
          Unfortunately for me, SGA did stop feeling like the show I had come to know and love.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            Unfortunately for me, SGA did stop feeling like the show I had come to know and love.
            when?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              when?
              It began with Reunion, but the loss of the majority of my hope--and when I really started posting a lot in here--was This Mortal Coil. Later than many, I realize.

Edit: Well, actually it began in Sunday, but the avalanche started picking up big time in Reunion.
              Last edited by marielabbott; 08 May 2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: It's hard to pick exactly when the downfall began, there is so much that went wrong!

Comment

Haven't been around much lately, too busy, but I just got the worst marriage proposal since Mr. Darcy. ANTI!

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday Integra!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                  Haven't been around much lately, too busy, but I just got the worst marriage proposal since Mr. Darcy. ANTI!

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday Integra!
                  Thank you!!! Don't worry. You did not miss much. Insults, warnings and rock and roll. Oh yeah, Reefgirl wants to elope with me. That is about it .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Yeah, but women are not supposed to agree with men .
                    I know

Wasn't exactly butter, to be frank. Some special thingie to make them...let's just say ...work better . I used to grease my snow sleigh too . Kids...they grow up so fast .
                    Having never set foot on ski's I'll take your word for it

Guess she skipped highschool. Was that a sexist comment?
                    No it wasn't sexist at all, I happen to agree, I don't think she had a lot of brains

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Thank you!!! Don't worry. You did not miss much. Insults, warnings and rock and roll. Oh yeah, Reefgirl wants to elope with me. That is about it .
                    But I have to ask my OH first

Comment

I agree that the whole of Season 4 has created divisions unlike any I've seen before in SGA fandom. There were so many changes between Seasons 3 and 4 that in many ways, Season 4 could be considered a different show and that's bound to cause problems between those who didn't want a new show and those who prefer the changes.
                      .: I agree. Things just seemed so perfect in both the show and fandom compared to the chaos we have now. Fandom chaos is my more preferable of the two; I might actually kind of like it. If I'm right, this is far worse than the transition that SG1 made between the 8th and 9th season - they remade it into a different show, except the producers seemed more overt about. For Atlantis, it was "soft reset" - which, actually was not very soft at all. (was it like that for SG1? I wasn't in fandom at the time)

.: I think the producers and PTB need to go back to this : What did the older fans that once were loyal to the show (and lost them) fall in love with SGA in the first place?

Exactly, IMO the main reason why Keller is taking so much heat is because she was featured so much that she represents the changes in Season 4 even more than Sam did. I noticed that Sam generated more anti-Season 4 sentiment *before* the season aired, however, Keller generated more anti-Season 4 sentiment *after* the season aired.
                      .: I can support the bolded statement with my own changed opinions. Being a fan of Jewel, I was slightly pro for Keller before the season aired. However, my feelings for Sam were equal to my current Keller-feelings right now. I did not want Mary Sam on the show, and would state it whenever it could be possibly relevant. However after Missing and progressing from there on out, my anti sentiment focus shifted to Keller and carried on throughout the remainder of the fourth season and beyond. My loathing for Sam died down, because, well, you have to admit she was hardly there.

Oh definitely. Others have pointed out that beyond Keller being a very polarizing character in and fo herself, she seems to be the figurehead of all the changes that were made to SGA for S4.
                      .: I agree with you on that, Pandora. While I do posess much anti sentiment towards this character (as you already know), I think my non-Keller anti feelings towards season four (a lot of anti sentiment there too) tends to rub off in my anti-Keller posts. I think at times I put all the fury I have for season four on Keller at times and it often comes off as over-the-top. It's an outlet of pure Anti sentiment that is released on Keller, and not just the Anti Keller sentiment. It's something I think we do subconciously.

.: Ironically enough, Jewel is the one that made me first go out and watch the show

Comment

Make sure to vote in our Keller poll .
                        A soon to be POLL!!!

Comment

.: Anyone going to take bets on how long until the thread is closed?

Comment

Happy Birthday Integrabyte!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              .: Anyone going to take bets on how long until the thread is closed?
                              If this "person" wont´s top insulting me, it probably will get closed because of the swear words I am going to write there.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                If this "person" wont´s top insulting me, it probably will get closed because of the swear words I am going to write there.
                                My advice: Ignore him, as in that pretty little button somewhere. Or report whichever is closest and easiest.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X