Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

.: The time has come for life to shake things up.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! the Fortune Cookie of DEATH!!!!
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! the Fortune Cookie of DEATH!!!!
      .: Baaaaaaad fortune cookie! Un-fortune cookie, actually.

Comment

.: Baaaaaaad fortune cookie! Un-fortune cookie, actually.
        hehe anti fortune cookie even
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

hehe anti fortune cookie even

.: I got red

.: Nothing heroic though Apparently my signature is too big. Is it too big? I think it's small, but I'll cherish my wee red anyways

Comment

.: I got red

.: Nothing heroic though Apparently my signature is too big. Is it too big? I think it's small, but I'll cherish my wee red anyways
            Red's are great.. certainly nothing to be whined about... i love your sig btw its beautiful i will green you when i can ray-kiki ..people are just jealous of its beauty
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I agree, but they're never going to do that. Can you imagine if they killed Shep or Rodney? SG1 lost Janet, but she was considered 'secondary' (I didn't consider her to be) plus some other lesser known characters (and Jacob/Selmak when they thought the series was finishing). With SGA they have desensitised me to character death to the point where it has no point/effect anymore. It may as well be a red shirt with no lines. Where's the realism there then? Look at Weir - they turned her into Stargate Kenny. And TLM - the deaths were meaningless.
              I was sad when Peter was killed in season 1. Carson's "death" didn't affect me, mainly because I knew it was coming and then I thought it was dumb. All the other characters are basically in limbo so it's hard to feel anything. Apathy anyone?

The one thing that put tears in my eyes was Carson's good-bye scene in Kindred 2.

And while we're on the subject, why did Carson get a funeral AND a good-bye scene while Elizabeth got neither.

How about if Woolsey went insane from power and over the course of the season they decided they had to remove him/mutiny? But that's too long an arc. Better to have an arguement in one scene and then become best of friends
              They'll probably have the one big happy family scene in oh, episode 3. Please have the barf bags ready.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              All they have to do now is frak up Lorne next season.
              Shhhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't give them any ideas!

Maybe we should take Lorne into protective custody...

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              Now that's an arc! Wooly-boy is head of SGA and does a Frank Burns. now that i would watch.
              Frank Burns!

Spoiler:
              .: Yup. Has to be.

How the cast changes negatively impacted the cast dynamic:

.: John: No equal opposite leader position, which Elizabeth occupied. While they had their arguements I liked to see the diplomat and military head work things out together. (and Sparky *g* Yes, I'm a believer) Didn't see as much with him and Carson, but I liked it when they worked together and it seemed John felt some responsibility over keeping him safe when theywere out in the field.

.: Rodney: Suffered the most due to cast changes. Lost an effective balance in Elizabeth, who was there to monitor him and for the most part he would listen to her and take her advice seriously. They had a lovely dynamic, and admittedly I think Elizabeth was kind of like a materal figure to him. Carson also effectively balanced Rodney, just by being his buddy and yet pretty much his opposite. They had a beautiful friendship there.

.: Ronon: I always wanted to see more of Ronon and Elizabeth. There's too few of moments between them. I think by the end of season two he begins to trust her, though she's a bit of a mystery to him still. Which is fun, as Ronon usually want's to go out and use the direct approach of blasting someone's brains, while Elizabeth is a negotiator. Which I don't think Ronon really gets. I also think Ronon holds a lot of trust in Carson, being the person that removed the tracker from his back. I wish to see more interaction between them too.

.: Teyla: TPTB apparently don't find it interesting to write about the Elizabeth and Teyla friendship, which, when it came up, I liked to see it. I would love to see these two hang out together some more. Do girly things - I think thats sort of a problem with Teyla and Elizabeth, and why Sam is easier for them to write because she's more traditionally masculine than feminine. And Carson and Teyla. *sigh* I love 'em together, another thing we do not get enough of! It makes me happy whenever they're on screen together. Though, as of late, not enough of that. Plus the fact that she's usually attatched to John or Ronon at the hip. :/[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I tried to green you for this, but I already gave you green for something more important.

Excellent take on the situation.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              I don't know about gifts, but lately it seems every time I go to someone's house, they end up serving that fruit jello salad stuff...not to mention it's a perpetual fave at potlucks of all types. And if you're at someone's house and that's their dessert, you have to grin and eat it.
              Not me. Life's too short to eat stuff you don't like. "No, thank you," works well for me.

Doesn't always work though. I tried it with the cast changes too...
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Thinnest Books Ever
                .: Why I love Elizabeth Weir by J. Mallozzi (2 pgs)
                .: Worse Ways to Die Than by Exploding Tumour by M. Gero (3 pgs)
                or this:

How to became a good writer
                by SG-1 and SGA writters and producers (1 pg)
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                  Now that's an arc! Wooly-boy is head of SGA and does a Frank Burns. now that i would watch.
                  I would too, Frank was my second favourite character in M*A*S*H

Cheese cake for inty... sorry its late

of course everyone can have a piece if Inty wants to share
                  That looks lovely, what are the stripy things?

i try to avoid geletain if i can.. poor cows
                  there is Vegetarian Geletin on the market, it's as good as the normal stuff as I used it to make Sex on the Beach jelly (Jello)

Shortest book ever

How to be a the Perfect Officer by John Sheppard

Comment

Cheese cake for inty... sorry its late

of course everyone can have a piece if Inty wants to share
                    Right on time . Looks YUUUUMMMMAAAAAYYY!!!! Mine, mine, mine, mine . Fine, I'll share because I am such a nice guy, even though some people on this board think I am a girl

((H U G S Paris ))

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      I would too, Frank was my second favourite character in M*A*S*H
                      Whjo was your fave? I'm presuming Hawkeye

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Shortest book ever

How to be a the Perfect Officer by John Sheppard

Nomination for shortest book ever:

How to avoid flirting with your co-workers, co-written by Lt Col John Sheppard and Dr Elizabeth Weir
                      sigpic

Comment

Whjo was your fave? I'm presuming Hawkeye

Nomination for shortest book ever:

How to avoid flirting with your co-workers, co-written by Lt Col John Sheppard and Dr Elizabeth Weir
                        Haha love it! You should post it in the Sparky thread. :-)
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I think the shortest book ever will be:

We are the furlings
                          ...one line .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Right on time . Looks YUUUUMMMMAAAAAYYY!!!! Mine, mine, mine, mine . Fine, I'll share because I am such a nice guy, even though some people on this board think I am a girl

((H U G S Paris ))
                            Really? On THIS board specifically? But you're always wanting the nekkid pics!! : One day someone will call your bluff (not me though, I'm not the target demo)
                            sigpic

Comment

Really? On THIS board specifically? But you're always wanting the nekkid pics!! : One day someone will call your bluff (not me though, I'm not the target demo)
                              Funny...I noticed that here on the board....if you want to see nekkid pics with girls...people automatically assume you are a girl. Where I come from, and in my part of the world, things are a bit different .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                I think the shortest book ever will be:

...one line .
                                or:

Spoiler:
                                How to maintain a friendship with fans
                                by JM
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...