Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    How bout this from the March 20 edition of the blog of doom:

The man likes to invite controversy no?
    Well he needs to get viewers any way he can......

Comment

****HAPPY EASTER!!!!****

Comment

If they Kill off or character assassanate Radek, fandom will vote with it's remote, I've never know a character that is so universally liked as Radek, nowhere have I seen anyone say they hate his character and he must be one of a very few characters that doesn't have an Anti thread

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          If they Kill off or character assassanate Radek, fandom will vote with it's remote, I've never know a character that is so universally liked as Radek, nowhere have I seen anyone say they hate his character and he must be one of a very few characters that doesn't have an Anti thread

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE

If they kill Radek, nobody will watch SGA anymore . ***Heee heee heee***

Comment

Happy Easter, Antis!
            Last edited by Klenotka; 23 March 2008, 10:08 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Exactly. Which is why I don't understand why people hate the anti's. I think most of us here started posting because we loved the show. I know I did. I'm just so disappointed by certain aspects now that I need a place to let off some steam. All I ask is that people have some compassion, but I guess in some cases I ask too much.

And let me add the award for character assassination goes to Radek. They'd better not do anything like that to Lorne in season 5.
              People, in general, like people who agree with them. If we(the antis) are in fact the ones who criticizing "their favorite show" we (the antis) are seen as the troublemakers or better yet a bunch of shrill and ill informed screaming lemmings who are just looking for something to complain about.

I like to come and have a good critique of a show and discuss the changes that bother me or make no real sense. To be honest I haven't found much positive in the show this last year and I see much missed opportunity and missteps with character replacement and characters being in character one ep and way OoC the next ep. Take Miller's crossing for example. Shep was way OoC, but many fans will blind themselves to that. It's called the rose colored glasses syndrome. Many times when a person opens a business or starts a new job they get the rose colored glasses syndrome and view everything as great even when it's not.

What really bugged me more than anything else about MC was JM's response in his blog. Instead of admitting they took shep OoC to make the ep work they blamed the dead bad guy and said, "He had a chance to redeem himself." Just lazy writing with little forethought to how fans would view the actions.

Same with Irresponsible and Irresistible. Little forethought was placed into what the fans would say to the date rape drug of which tptb saw as a joke. When fans freaked tptb just ignored the fan reaction. I believe JM made a statement to the affect of the ep not turning out like he thought it would.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              How bout this from the March 20 edition of the blog of doom:

The man likes to invite controversy no?
              Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
              Well he needs to get viewers any way he can......
              JM blog of doom is still his blog! He can put in it whatever he wants. However, the blog has gone from being about food to more like teasing the fans. I can understand the temptation to tease your audience. (I did that in a fan fic where Teal'c and Carter solve a murder) But with a mystery you are supposed to make it not so obvious as to who the killer is and i had a lot of reviewes taking guesses as to who did it.

The fact that JM's original intent is not the real reason people flog to the blog does make me scratch my head a bit though. How close is too close to your fandom? Is this blog doing more harm than good for the franchise? Can his personal attitude be affecting fans on how they view the show?

All things that really should be considered, JM's blog is NOT an official stargate site and if he does leak to much info, he could open himself up to a lawsuit by MGM.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              ****HAPPY EASTER!!!!****
              Love it! Happy easter.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
              TPTB know radek is a well loved character and they will toy with us all. Keeping in mind that Zelenka is comedy relief and the sense of humor tptb tend to lean towards is more "male animal house and three stooges" I would not be surprised if he does suffer in the next season. (Of course, I don't plan on going out of my way to see the next season too.) However, my hubby (loves 3 stooges humor) would go out of his way to see it!
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

If they Kill off or character assassanate Radek, fandom will vote with it's remote,...
                And the obvious response of some people will be... Who watches a show for one character only? How ridiculous is that!

Happy Anti-Easter all!!

Spoiler:
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  And the obvious response of some people will be... Who watches a show for one character only? How ridiculous is that!

Happy Anti-Easter all!!

Spoiler:
                  The Squeeing Fangirls. I admit Radek is my favourite character, because he's not the perfect, handsome, action hero, he has flaws like your Ordinary Joe, he's a good laugh and he has a very expressionable face

The bunny is so sweet

Comment

I admit Radek is my favourite character, because he's not the perfect, handsome, action hero, he has flaws like your Ordinary Joe, he's a good laugh and he has a very expressionable face
                    That and I adore his Czech mumbling. You don't even need to know the language to know what he's saying.

I usually find secondary more interesting than main cast...

Comment

Happy Anti-Easter all!!

Spoiler:

Shame on you for posting nekkid pictures with you

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Shame on you for posting nekkid pictures with you
                        Well, you know me... evil and all.

Comment

Well, you know me... evil and all.
                          Yep. We know who to call if we want to slash tires or something

Comment

TPTB know radek is a well loved character and they will toy with us all. Keeping in mind that Zelenka is comedy relief and the sense of humor tptb tend to lean towards is more "male animal house and three stooges" I would not be surprised if he does suffer in the next season. (Of course, I don't plan on going out of my way to see the next season too.) However, my hubby (loves 3 stooges humor) would go out of his way to see it!
                            Every hubby loves that kind of humor. The fact that Radek has become comic relief is very important right now. They have elevated McKay to such an untouchable level that I think Radek is about to replace him as the foil of any humor. I'm sure lots of people would disagree with me, but this aspect of Rodney's character has changed drastically from S1. Remember in Hide and Seek when everyone was snickering about him behind his back, or even in TOR when the team was joking about him. That little bit got a lot of criticism just like the treatment of Radek did in Trio. But the difference is Radek is not the star. They need a stooge, ergo Radek. But IMHO they go too far by making him a pervert. Oh but wait, this crowd is so juvenile they think sexual harassment is fun. Never mind.

Lately even Sheppard has more of a snicker level than McKay. *remembers Harmony*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Every hubby loves that kind of humor. The fact that Radek has become comic relief is very important right now. They have elevated McKay to such an untouchable level that I think Radek is about to replace him as the foil of any humor. I'm sure lots of people would disagree with me, but this aspect of Rodney's character has changed drastically from S1. Remember in Hide and Seek when everyone was snickering about him behind his back, or even in TOR when the team was joking about him. That little bit got a lot of criticism just like the treatment of Radek did in Trio. But the difference is Radek is not the star. They need a stooge, ergo Radek. But IMHO they go too far by making him a pervert. Oh but wait, this crowd is so juvenile they think sexual harassment is fun. Never mind.

Lately even Sheppard has more of a snicker level than McKay. *remembers Harmony*
                              I really hate it when they make characters like Radek and Rodney into perverts. Like making Radek look at Carters boobs when they were trapped in quarantine and smelling Kellers hair? That is just NOT Radek imho. And Rodney in trio was awful the way they made him out to be.

When they made fun of Rodney in earlier seasons it wasn't as bad coz Rodney was so arrogant it was funny! But Radek has never been like that so it's totally uncalled for. If TPTB know whats good for them they will stop this pervert nonsense! we can dream....
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
                                I really hate it when they make characters like Radek and Rodney into perverts. Like making Radek look at Carters boobs when they were trapped in quarantine and smelling Kellers hair? That is just NOT Radek imho. And Rodney in trio was awful the way they made him out to be.

When they made fun of Rodney in earlier seasons it wasn't as bad coz Rodney was so arrogant it was funny! But Radek has never been like that so it's totally uncalled for. If TPTB know whats good for them they will stop this pervert nonsense! we can dream....
                                Absolutely true. We joked about Radek having a crush on Elizabeth in S1 and beyond, but it was sweet not sick.

And Rodney's sheer cluelessness made it fun. Plus later he seemed to understand himself better and know that his team really liked him.

As for TPTB knowing what's good for them...
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X