Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Personally I'll try to explain myself as much as possible, which I do anyway trying to make sure my post isn't misunderstood along the way... But I see it more often than not that critical/negative review/post is either being dismissed or questioned. Yet, a postive/raving review/post is accepted without further ado or questioning.
    When posting on GW...you must bear in mind this is a fan forum and majority of the fans who would bother to come here are here to discuss their favorite show. If the show was bad those fans wouldn't be here.

I'm in the minority...for I will review and critique the show of which I pay for. To me...I have every right to post when I'm not happy with a product that I have bought and there are many posters who will say ,"If you don't like it then don't watch it." They simply miss the point of critiquing the show, what could have been better. Was it a bargain for my buck? Ect...leaving a bad review for something you PAY for is not only acceptable in the world of business but expected...it's all part of giving feedback.

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
    And they thought we would all cry at TLM. I really didn't get which bit they meant, was it cry because they have killed the show it's been so bad this year?! I just didn't get it. I could understand if they had said it for Kindred 2, that was sad.
    The only reason my eyes weren't completely dehydrated during TLM is because my pea-brain remembered to blink every once in a while.... Blink at the sheer stupidity of the whole episode, at the horrible CGI...

It was a total shame... not worth the title season finale.

TLM was a serious waste of air space. The ep was pointless and instead of it being about Micheal's rise to power or the fate of Teyla's child...it was all about Rodney...of course!

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    I'm in a league of my own. I kinda like that i'm special, no comments please. Plus I'm learning to be succinct.

I don't often get to read many reviews (purely due to time restraints), but for me seeing a good review involves a number of different factors. I love getting reviews for fanfics and stuff, the good, the bad and the ugly. Always have, always will. Nothing is perfect, nothing will ever be perfect, so for me there will always be the positives and negatives, hence the reason I tend to shy away from pro/anti threads because for me it's too polarized and I can't fit into the little boxes and what may start as a negative point can turn into a positive and vice versa. Yes, you're probably right that if it was a glowing report people (generally speaking) may not have asked for evidence. I still would have, because that for me is a good review. So you liked it, great what did you like? Why did you like it. Likewise with the dislikes.
    For a fanficion site where someone writes a story and post it for all to read and gets nothing out of the fic there is absolutely no reason to post a flaming review. This is an author who has volunteered their time and effort to write a story for all to see. They should not be criticized by "fans" because they are not getting paid for their efforts. If a reader wishes to talk to the writer about certain issues...be free to do so...but always bear in mind that the writer has just preformed a community service and deserves the up most respect from the reader.

So, IMO anyone who writes a fanfic writer a bad review is just a jerk to begin with.

Anyone who likes the story enough to PM the writer with a few concerns that is sound and reasonable just needs to bear in mind that the writer may not have their skill level or the writer may in fact be writing the story towards a targeted audience...like teens or preteens. Thus, address concerns professionally.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
    That's what it boils down to. In previous seasons, females were written not only better but stronger too. Teyla had substance and was a strong character. Elizabeth...God I loved her character. She knew how to to be a leader and knew hoe to command respect. Nowadays, the female characters are wimpy, lack substance and depth. Keller and Larrin? They are lacking on so many different levels they might as well be translucent. I mean why are they even there? Ohhh yeah right, I almost forgot....WALLPAPER!!
    Let's not forget Carter. Sam started out really strong in early SG-1 and by SGA she was a mere shadow of her former self.

He, I thought I'd missed your post but this one brings back memories of the ep-thread... Well, once upon a time in Atlantis... TLM was exactly a fairytale, a tale yes which left lots to wonder about.
    TLM was far worse than a fairytale. It was a bad fairytale with no real purpose or meaning.

The synopsis for TLM had absolutely nothing to do with the ep except for the first two minutes.

The Last Man should have been titled: My horrible life. Or...The World According to Rodney.

It was pretty awful wasn't it? At the end I thought 'is that it?' it was just so pointless. The thing that really annoyed me was why did everyone die in that timeline, a bit extreem I thought. The only bit I thought was ok was the Ronon and Todd bit but they were the only ones not acting that much out of character. Were we supposed to cry coz Rodney lost Keller? Maybe tears of joy for poor Rodney who was sooo ooc in that episode I hardly recognised him.

Must do better!!
    Yep, it was bad and what's even worse was that ep could have been done in 10 minutes and by Micheal talking to Sheppard about how everyone dies.

The ep was more like a badly written plot device to show why the city was resting in a dust bowl instead of an ep with a purpose.

Spoiler:
    why send shep 45,000 years into the future? Why not 45 years and there he could have meet Teyla's grown up kid. Micheal and kid should have played heavy in the ep. Watching everyones supposed death was just pointless and irritating!

It sure was. S4 was a great waste of film, talented actors and time. I think they all died in the same timeline because they couldn't think of something better. Seeing Lorne was the highlight of the whole episode especially since we do not get to see him that much. I think Keller's tragic death scene was the reason we were suppose to cry because after all, we are all suppose to love her. Yeah, whatever!
    It was beyond awful. It was counter productive.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I used to love the banter between Rodney and Sam from seasons past. That was always great fun and they had good chemistry together.
      I've always hated Carter on Atlantis as a regular because it got really old, really quick, especially with her being right all the time and Rodney being wrong. She's enjoyable in small doses and I loved her in her guests spots, but she's up there with Keller and Larrin when she's a regular. I'm afraid season four has pretty much tainted any future Atlantis viewing sessions with her

Remember him in Tao of Rodney? That's the Rodney I like.
      I love Tao of Rodney. Currently I have two timelines in my head: the one that Sunday and First Strike never happened, and Tao of Rodney was the last episode. He kinda learned a little lesson there that sadly didn't carry on through season four. The other is where Sunday and First Strike happened, but from there on season four is erased, Elizabeth is there the whole season and Carson also comes back. And I do interesting things with Keller, and Larrin never existed.

Because, remember, the real season four is not reality. It is the AU.

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
      When posting on GW...you must bear in mind this is a fan forum and majority of the fans who would bother to come here are here to discuss their favorite show. If the show was bad those fans wouldn't be here.
      Sometimes I forget that, I have a rather what some may call unique perspective. I believe I'm supporting the show by offering my critical banter and, like others, discuss what I think is right for the show. And my all means I can criticise it if I am unhappy with it. Some may think it's radical - I think it's quite rational, at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

I've always hated Carter on Atlantis as a regular because it got really old, really quick, especially with her being right all the time and Rodney being wrong. She's enjoyable in small doses and I loved her in her guests spots, but she's up there with Keller and Larrin when she's a regular. I'm afraid season four has pretty much tainted any future Atlantis viewing sessions with her

I love Tao of Rodney. Currently I have two timelines in my head: the one that Sunday and First Strike never happened, and Tao of Rodney was the last episode. He kinda learned a little lesson there that sadly didn't carry on through season four. The other is where Sunday and First Strike happened, but from there on season four is erased, Elizabeth is there the whole season and Carson also comes back. And I do interesting things with Keller, and Larrin never existed.

Sometimes I forget that, I have a rather what some may call unique perspective. I believe I'm supporting the show by offering my critical banter and, like others, discuss what I think is right for the show. And my all means I can criticise it if I am unhappy with it. Some may think it's radical - I think it's quite rational, at least to me.
        I never cared for the Atlantis Sam. I miss Sam from SG1 S1-8. It's funny, when you place old Sam and new Sam side by side, it's like they are two totally different characters. There's nothing similar at all about them.

I like your timeline idea. Tao of Rodney would have worked nicely as a season ender episode. YEs yes yes!!! S4 is AU.....!! That's perfect!!

Comment

Tao is such a wonderful series finale And my alternate season four that I'm still sorting out in my head to go on paper will work wonders for my self-esteem. Oh, the crazy things that go on in my head when I should be studying/working...

I have a new obsession too. Of course, it doesn't work with everybody, but it does with a considerable amount of the GW population.

It's called scaring people with Hewlett's ass: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=7942963 (page 2 and 3)

Comment

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Me neither. Maybe they just don't think I matter. *iz sad*
              Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              Huh. I have yet to receive one. I chalked it up to being non-confrontational, but it's beginning to sound like I've just been lucky. It sounds like my red-letter day will come eventually.
              Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              < Also has a seekret Haven't received a red yet. I am thinking I don't matter at all!
              Go to the general threads and say that S4 is one giant affront to physics. You'll be right and certain people give you a red. The perfect symbiosis

The only reason my eyes weren't completely dehydrated during TLM is because my pea-brain remembered to blink every once in a while.... Blink at the sheer stupidity of the whole episode, at the horrible CGI...

It was a total shame... not worth the title season finale.
              Exactly. This is how CGIs are supposed to look like

Do you think we could wipe clean S4 from existence and pretend it never happened?

I used to love the banter between Rodney and Sam from seasons past. That was always great fun and they had good chemistry together. I miss the old snarky Rodney who stood on his own two feet.
              That's what fanfiction is good for

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              What's that?

Comment

I feel sick
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  is that a bread? He should have M60
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    I feel sick
                    Were you watching an episode of season 4?
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                      Were you watching an episode of season 4?
                      nope, but vodka and beer...
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Someone will have to hide their tushy from my whip . In any case, I understand the way you feel. I could not stand Weir on SG1 and barely managed to survive with her on Atlantis. When they killed her off I was happy but then it all crashed and burned when they destroyed SAM

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          My experience with Vista :

1. Installed last monday.
                          2. My HP ALL in one did not work for 2 days. I had to do some ridiculous stuff.
                          3. My Audigy Platinum Soundcard had no support, i also worked 2 days to fix it and find solutions.
                          4. Friday, my Vista PC refused to see my XP pcs and laptop on my network.
                          5. I spent Friday night and Saturday all morning to fix it. I could not. My Vista pc could see my computers only if I would type in the IP addresses. My router is auto dhcp so this is pointless because at every reboot my pcs have different addresses. Usually, you access a computer via its name.
                          6. Cursed on the microsoft forums and nobody had a solution.
                          7. Format c:, Install XP PRO +Sp2, and everything worked fine since.

I only had problems!!!! NO DRIVER SUPPORT, NOTHING!!!! Unbelievable, after 2 years on the market nothing works properly. I spent more fixing it rather than enjoying it. Oh yeah, did I mention that every 5 seconds you get the message: Are you sure you want to run that? It took me 30 minutes to disable it and then windows kept telling me I am vulnerable. The nicest thing, if you don't run your AV as an administrator VISTA won't let it scan properly!!!!My god, it takes so many menus, sub-menus, left, right, just to remove that stupid desktop background photo!!! A photo that takes tons of RAM at startup. VISTA is this super extra fancy looking OS with no user friendly features . I wonder why do you need all those animations, they kill your RAM, degrade your pagefile and slow down your computer!!!

Long story short, VISTA is a big pile of manure!!!! Will stay on XP until it wont be compatible with everything else . Did I mention that my wireless keyboard would not work properly until I found some random Vista drivers . Another 2 hours spent on the WWW
                          I always wait for about 5 years until it works properly before I install a new operating system. MY OH, nah, he had to get Vista, even tho he knew the score, I warned him it would happen but he knew better, so after having reinstalled half a dozen times he gave up *Smug*

I feel sick
                          A good night was had by all then?

Comment

Okay. I just thought because season 4 has the same effect.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              A good night was had by all then?
                              better than SGA
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

I had to wake up early to see the Qualifying session at Sepang

Comment

Working...
                                X