Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Plus I'm learning to be succinct.
    *looks at post* Yeah... succinct is still far into the future...

I would have loved to have been challenged more in the TLM thread, and asked why I wasn't fond of it, but no one did.
    Aw, you poor thing... What happened? There was plenty of Sheppard and there was whumpage too... He got whumped by a sandstorm, that's got to count for something, right?

...I wish people with differing views would come out and play more often.
    Come out, come out, wherever you are?

I like playing out in the open...

At the end of the day, I probably won't change my mind, nor you, yours, but at least we can have a good debate along the way, and who knows what might happen, we might even become friends!!
    Pals... Like Donkey and Shrek...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by elliecat View Post
      Yep, they really can't write for their female cast. I wonder if thats why they just put them in skimpy outfits and say 'stand next to that male character and flirt with him'. Or worse still just use them for wallpaper(poor Teyla).
      That's what it boils down to. In previous seasons, females were written not only better but stronger too. Teyla had substance and was a strong character. Elizabeth...God I loved her character. She knew how to to be a leader and knew hoe to command respect. Nowadays, the female characters are wimpy, lack substance and depth. Keller and Larrin? They are lacking on so many different levels they might as well be translucent. I mean why are they even there? Ohhh yeah right, I almost forgot....WALLPAPER!!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        Those clips look like they're more than 40 minutes together...would you be willing to give a brief synopsis of anti-relevant material for those with slow internet and/or not much time this evening? Pretty, pretty, pretty please? Or anyone with better internet, etc. than mine?
        Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        That's the Lowdown on the s8 SG1 and s1 SGA dvd's, isn't it? The good 'ol days

EDIT: IIRC MarrielAbbot
        Spoiler:
        it is a recap of SG1 up to that point, plus a sneak peak into s8. Also a brief bio of the characters.
        For SGA, pretty much the same, although more looking forward than back as they hadn't done a lot at that stage. You get a bit more info on the characters and their (TPTB) reasons for creating them. A lot of it now would seem a bit out of place as the show, the cast, and probably the crew have morphed somewhat
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QylSBdXlQ

The current showrunners should take notes, don't you think?
        sigpic

Comment

And they thought we would all cry at TLM. I really didn't get which bit they meant, was it cry because they have killed the show it's been so bad this year?! I just didn't get it. I could understand if they had said it for Kindred 2, that was sad.
          I cried alright when I saw TLM....from laughing too much! Isn't amazing that they killed a show in a single season? That is something to cry about...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            *looks at post* Yeah... succinct is still far into the future...

Aw, you poor thing... What happened? There was plenty of Sheppard and there was whumpage too... He got whumped by a sandstorm, that's got to count for something, right?

Come out, come out, wherever you are?

I like playing out in the open...

Pals... Like Donkey and Shrek...
            Yeah way way out in the future.

I like more than whump in my stories. *hides from the whumpers* I had lots of questions about things that didn't get answered in that ep.

TLM
            Spoiler:
            I'm not fond of storytelling and find it hard to like an ep that is done in that way. I wanted to know what happened after Shep disappeared, what were the reactions of the team, what did they do? When did they go their seperate ways, in what way did Ronon find it difficult. How did McKay suddenly have a grown up relationship in a three week timescale. What was it that Woolsey did that turned the team away? What about beckett? Why was there not much more of a reaction when Shep came back from the future. I had different visions, and thought it was going to be like 'It's a wonderful life' and that sort of story telling, the differences, what happened and how their lives changed with shep sort of looking on and seeing things around him different and not knowing who he was etc... so maybe it was my expectations, but yeah, i'm fond of the why stuff. And my imagination can only take me so far. So while I loved the premise of the story and the whump, it didn't turn out as I expected.

I like playing in different threads and like to be challenged about my views, so if anyone does fancy taking a wander into the outside world, i'll meet you there. I'll try not to be an ass.

Comment

I like more than whump in my stories. *hides from the whumpers* I had lots of questions about things that didn't get answered in that ep.
              Whump is fun, but there should indeed be more. You're correct.

TLM
              Spoiler:
              I'm not fond of storytelling and find it hard to like an ep that is done in that way. I wanted to know what happened after Shep disappeared, what were the reactions of the team, what did they do? When did they go their seperate ways, in what way did Ronon find it difficult. How did McKay suddenly have a grown up relationship in a three week timescale. What was it that Woolsey did that turned the team away? What about beckett? Why was there not much more of a reaction when Shep came back from the future. I had different visions, and thought it was going to be like 'It's a wonderful life' and that sort of story telling, the differences, what happened and how their lives changed with shep sort of looking on and seeing things around him different and not knowing who he was etc... so maybe it was my expectations, but yeah, i'm fond of the why stuff. And my imagination can only take me so far. So while I loved the premise of the story and the whump, it didn't turn out as I expected.
              He, I thought I'd missed your post but this one brings back memories of the ep-thread... Well, once upon a time in Atlantis... TLM was exactly a fairytale, a tale yes which left lots to wonder about.

Oh, I remember you had a lengthy convo with Jelgate too... Gats, my brain seems to be offline at the moment.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                I cried alright when I saw TLM....from laughing too much! Isn't amazing that they killed a show in a single season? That is something to cry about...
                It was pretty awful wasn't it? At the end I thought 'is that it?' it was just so pointless. The thing that really annoyed me was why did everyone die in that timeline, a bit extreem I thought. The only bit I thought was ok was the Ronon and Todd bit but they were the only ones not acting that much out of character. Were we supposed to cry coz Rodney lost Keller? Maybe tears of joy for poor Rodney who was sooo ooc in that episode I hardly recognised him.

Must do better!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2QylSBdXlQ

The current showrunners should take notes, don't you think?
                  Bless you, thanks.

Let's see...if you don't care about the characters nothing else matters, planning (!!!), and have SG-1 and SGA coexist without stepping on each other...yes, they really should have taken notes. Maybe they lost their notebooks. Maybe JM's dogs ate it.

(I like JM's dogs, they're cute.)
                  Last edited by marielabbott; 21 March 2008, 05:48 PM. Reason: I like dogs!

Comment

It was pretty awful wasn't it? At the end I thought 'is that it?' it was just so pointless. The thing that really annoyed me was why did everyone die in that timeline, a bit extreem I thought. The only bit I thought was ok was the Ronon and Todd bit but they were the only ones not acting that much out of character. Were we supposed to cry coz Rodney lost Keller? Maybe tears of joy for poor Rodney who was sooo ooc in that episode I hardly recognised him.

Must do better!!
                    It sure was. S4 was a great waste of film, talented actors and time. I think they all died in the same timeline because they couldn't think of something better. Seeing Lorne was the highlight of the whole episode especially since we do not get to see him that much. I think Keller's tragic death scene was the reason we were suppose to cry because after all, we are all suppose to love her. Yeah, whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                      Yes, without a doubt he is the most developed character. I do think the writers had him regress in some episodes (Quarentine--laying down to die, and Trio--c'mon Carter, flash some kids, and oh yeah, Radek sucks ). Then jump back to more mature McKay around Sheppard. But there was no lasting darkness that I could see from Weir's death, or his sister's close call. Just a few sentences, like you said. I think TPTB define dark differently than I.
                      I hate this cycle of regression they're doing with my Rodney - or, my show. I knew they would be setting his character backwards when Carter came along, and the presence of Keller made the issue all the more worse especially with Carson and Liz gone. It seems everything that happened in season three and prior has been wiped clean ...

I like playing in different threads and like to be challenged about my views, so if anyone does fancy taking a wander into the outside world, i'll meet you there. I'll try not to be an ass.
                      You seem like both a brave and lovely human Pegasus_SGA, being brave enough to walk in here and explain yourself with such a positive attitude I admire that. Unfortunately, like FH said, not all ... citizens of GateWorld are as understanding. Lovely posts, nonetheless

And about trying not to be an ass? You may have to worry more about me

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                        It sure was. S4 was a great waste of film, talented actors and time. I think they all died in the same timeline because they couldn't think of something better. Seeing Lorne was the highlight of the whole episode especially since we do not get to see him that much. I think Keller's tragic death scene was the reason we were suppose to cry because after all, we are all suppose to love her. Yeah, whatever!
                        Yeah Lorne was a highlight and at least they didn't kill him off. Mind you I thought Zelenka might have been in it more, blink and you miss him! But, damn! i fogot they needed the screen time for Keller the best sg character EVER, bow before your God!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                          [FONT="Georgia"]

I hate this cycle of regression they're doing with my Rodney - or, my show. I knew they would be setting his character backwards when Carter came along, and the presence of Keller made the issue all the more worse especially with Carson and Liz gone. It seems everything that happened in season three and prior has been wiped clean ...
                          Do you think we could wipe clean S4 from existence and pretend it never happened?

I used to love the banter between Rodney and Sam from seasons past. That was always great fun and they had good chemistry together. I miss the old snarky Rodney who stood on his own two feet.

Comment

Yeah Lorne was a highlight and at least they didn't kill him off. Mind you I thought Zelenka might have been in it more, blink and you miss him! But, damn! i fogot they needed the screen time for Keller the best sg character EVER, bow before your God!
                            LOL!!! If her eyes start glowing....I'm outta here....LOL

Comment

I really miss Rodney from past seasons too he was great. Hated what they did with him in Trio especially I cringed watching most of that ep, wish I could go back and erase certain eps of s4, well most actually!! Remember him in Tao of Rodney? That's the Rodney I like. Hope he's back next year, if they leave well alone with the Keller thing then we might be ok
                              sigpic

Comment

I really miss Rodney from past seasons too he was great. Hated what they did with him in Trio especially I cringed watching most of that ep, wish I could go back and erase certain eps of s4, well most actually!! Remember him in Tao of Rodney? That's the Rodney I like. Hope he's back next year, if they leave well alone with the Keller thing then we might be ok
                                I would love to take S4 and re-write it. Erase Keller, Larrin....lets see who else?

I LOVED him in Tao of Rodney and I would love to see more of that Rodney as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X