Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    You are evil .
    Sometimes...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      i would like to add consequence free by great big sea
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUSNIKwNOww
      Done.
      sigpic

Comment

thank you!!!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          'SPLOSIONS!!!

Can't be a good season without great 'splosions...

I feel like manipping a bit... Have to go house-sitting at my sister's cause the cable company is coming by to install her TV-stuff (digital watching) and I have nothing to do... Can't take my Xbox along this time cause that's too much of a hassle and my sister's computer is way too slow to run internet decently. Maybe I can hack into someone else's wireless internet and surf on their lines...
          I'm an IT guy, and as such, it is my duty to ask: Do you want a how-to guide?

Comment

Sometimes...

We still love you .

***Hugs our lill hacker ****

Comment

Always . We are pinching each other, tackling ankles, you know the usual . Yourself?
              I have been working *shudder*. Evil evil work. Why can't we all be independently wealthy and have unlimited free times on our hands?

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              We're hanging out in Ireland, at the Anti pub (O'Neill's), drowning our SGA sorrows. Except Pajus, who left early to enjoy a private concert by the Corrs in Dundalk.

Season four really stank. No matter how many times you say it, it's still true.
              Man! You guys are having way too much fun. Season 4's stench still lingers in the air.

'SPLOSIONS!!!

Can't be a good season without great 'splosions...

I feel like manipping a bit... Have to go house-sitting at my sister's cause the cable company is coming by to install her TV-stuff (digital watching) and I have nothing to do... Can't take my Xbox along this time cause that's too much of a hassle and my sister's computer is way too slow to run internet decently. Maybe I can hack into someone else's wireless internet and surf on their lines...
              You little rule breaker you. Go FH!
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Nah, it's a big place. I can understand the confusion. We have names that repeat all over the place. Maybe TPTB on that show are confused too. LOL
                I doubt that. You confused The Closer TPTB with the SGA one.

By the way, I rewatched the scene between Brenda and her dad where they mention Georgetown. It turns out that Brenda wanted to attend that uni, her parents were against it but she did it anyway. Way to go Brenda!
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr View Post
                  My friends made me watch the one where Carson appeared, even though I told them it'd be a sucker punch. And it was, wasn't it? Pretty much describes s4 in general, as far as I'm concerned. One big sucker punch.
                  Yeah, the whole s4 = sucker punch indeed I actually liked the Carson episode (it's really just one - the formula seems to be 'divide by two') but just because of Carson because Paulie is lovely no batter how ugly S4 gets. Same with de lovely Torri who outshines the regs in all her eppies.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  I could tell you a story but I think it'd get snipped too
                  Pissing against the wind and a snipped story. That brings up all kinds of crazy scenarios in my mind

Tons of violence in this thread nowadays. Add some CGI people and you have SGA S4
                  C'mon, now, don't insult this thread.
                  Poor thread Don't forget the BOMBS that go BOOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                    I doubt that. You confused The Closer TPTB with the SGA one.

By the way, I rewatched the scene between Brenda and her dad where they mention Georgetown. It turns out that Brenda wanted to attend that uni, her parents were against it but she did it anyway. Way to go Brenda!
                    How very John Sheppard of her. In Outcast
                    Spoiler:
                    he alluded to having chosen Stanford over Harvard against his dad's wishes.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      I actually liked the Carson episode (it's really just one - the formula seems to be 'divide by two') but just because of Carson because Paulie is lovely no batter how ugly S4 gets. Same with de lovely Torri who outshines the regs in all her eppies.
                      How very true. I hope we hear something soon about a Torri project, and I'm excited to see PM in the new Star Trek film, even if it's a small part. I think he would've made a good Scotty, but I'm glad he was given a role.

How very John Sheppard of her. In Outcast
                      Spoiler:
                      he alluded to having chosen Stanford over Harvard against his dad's wishes.
                      How did you feel about Sheppard's backstory, his coming from a wealthy family? I guess I can kinda see it, maybe his laid-back attitude steming from a bored, indulgent childhood (if we want to resort to stereotypes about the wealthy, but what else do TPTB write, but stereotypes these days). But on the other hand...it just doesn't fit for me. But I guess that could stem from giving a character's backstory in the fourth season, after you've already formed your own thoughts on his past. I always pictured him coming from a lower middle-class family, with him struggling and striving, developing a daredevillish, nonchalant attitude along the way. *shrugs* Oh, well.

Comment

How did you feel about Sheppard's backstory, his coming from a wealthy family? I guess I can kinda see it, maybe his laid-back attitude steming from a bored, indulgent childhood (if we want to resort to stereotypes about the wealthy, but what else do TPTB write, but stereotypes these days). But on the other hand...it just doesn't fit for me. But I guess that could stem from giving a character's backstory in the fourth season, after you've already formed your own thoughts on his past. I always pictured him coming from a lower middle-class family, with him struggling and striving, developing a daredevillish, nonchalant attitude along the way. *shrugs* Oh, well.
                        I always imagined him as a child of a single mother who had troubled childhood and was angry with his father for leaving. Maybe had a younger sister - that's where he could ahve learned to be so protective. Worked through school. That scenario fits into how his character was portrayed in first three seasons, it even fits with his divorce, because he could have been repeating the very thing his father did (and hating himself for it).

The laid back attitude you can get anywhere, not only in filthy wealthy family. Rich kid doesn't work for me but rich kid is such a TPTB thing, such a Malozzi thing to come up with. I'm totally not impressed.
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

How very true. I hope we hear something soon about a Torri project, and I'm excited to see PM in the new Star Trek film, even if it's a small part. I think he would've made a good Scotty, but I'm glad he was given a role.

Well, actually this background was exactly what I expected. A lot of things about him don't fit with the lower or even middle class background: golf, surfing, reading War and Peace. He just has an air of refinement about him that's hard to explain. No rough edges like Mitchell for example. People who have had to struggle usually seem like they have something to prove. John just doesn't seem to care what people think. In addition he doesn't seem to care much about money. That's typical of the rich. As for being bored and indulged, it depends on the attitude of the parents. Many rich people are a lot less indulgent than the poor. It sounds like John's dad had very high expectations of him and was actually very hard on him, so he's still a rebel. Just a rich one.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, actually this background was exactly what I expected. A lot of things about him don't fit with the lower or even middle class background: golf, surfing, reading War and Peace. He just has an air of refinement about him that's hard to explain. No rough edges like Mitchell for example. People who have had to struggle usually seem like they have something to prove. John just doesn't seem to care what people think. In addition he doesn't seem to care much about money. That's typical of the rich. As for being bored and indulged, it depends on the attitude of the parents. Many rich people are a lot less indulgent than the poor. It sounds like John's dad had very high expectations of him and was actually very hard on him, so he's still a rebel. Just a rich one.
                            When you say it, it sounds better. I just feel disappointed with this back story. To me its a cliche, like oh so many things in SGA. I'm not rich and I read books like War and Peace. We don't have lots of golf and surfing 'round here, but I do believe even not so rich people go surfing? Now golf is a different thing, that I do know, but still...

John IS remarkably smart, no matter how TPTB write him, and I think he didn't need that rich boy background really. Cliche, cliche, cliche.... so much it stinks.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

***Runs in...HUGS all ANTIS!!! ...runs out ***

Comment

When you say it that way, it does sound better. I think part of my problem was, I'd already pictured him as an "average Joe" and having this backstory thrown in four years into the series was rather jarring. I agree with Anuna that it's not impossible for people who aren't super wealthy to get into sports like golf and surfing, and people from all kinds of backgrounds read literature. I always took it as an indication that he valued learning and education, which is often a way out of poverty.

I do wish we had learned what made him cut ties with his family--but maybe TBTP realized at this point they probably could not make up a reason that would sit well with all the fans and decided to leave things vague. Or they couldn't think of a reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X