Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    i've been by Bridge Studios it a long time again... didn't care about atlantis then.. oh look i don't care about it now either hehe, saw them filming a few things. Saw a few locations for x-files and sliders and stuff.
    Wow, cool!

i adore those films though a friend of mine said the crew wasn't treated that well, but i love the film itself... just the imagery alone... gads.. hehe i have all the extended versions.. we have had LOTR's marathons before
    I don't know much about behind the scenes stuff, my issues are with the translation from the books to film not being quite faithful in spots. But even despite that, they're really good.

He where is my canadian translation?
    Every once in awhile I'll say, eh? at the end of a sentence. I grew up in Michigan and somehow that kinda seeped down there from Canada.

Just watched BSG: Razor for the first time...pretty frakking cool. I was on the edge of my seat a few times. I've not had that in my Friday evening entertainment in awhile. Helena Cain is scaaary. I'm afraid she would have had to shoot me, because I wouldn't have obeyed her orders. Loved the shot of the Cylons from the original series, even a "By your command."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Two episodes down - Adrift & Lifeline

As it stands now, Teyla vs Keller:

Teyla has now 98s more than Keller after 2 episodes.
      Keller has 26 words more than Teyla after 2 episodes.

Next up Reunion...
      Well, of course, Teyla is going to win. She had an "ARC" in season 4!

Seriously, that's one of my major gripes for season 4. Not so much the Athosian storyline, but more the execution of Teyla's arc. I wish they would have spread the story out over more episodes instead of cramming most of the information into just 2 or 3. Then maybe I wouldn't have had so many WTH moments regarding it.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I just finished Reunion, which brings me so much closer to the dreaded Doppelganger... but that's for later, after round 2 of my chance of getting the job I want (hopefully my mad designer skillz won't abandon me tomorrow)... Right now, however, I can say that Teyla took a bit of a lead in time over Keller since the latter wasn't in Reunion. There's now a gap to fill of 656 seconds in favor of the Athosian.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
          Just watched BSG: Razor for the first time...pretty frakking cool. I was on the edge of my seat a few times. I've not had that in my Friday evening entertainment in awhile. Helena Cain is scaaary.
          I can't think of a single woman on SGA that even comes close to Cain's level of badassery, no-questions-asked leadership, and hardness. Roslin is one tough cookie herself.

I wish SGA could have written at least one woman like that - mature, tough, and undeniably in command. Weir came close but Shep and McKay often questioned her or she gave into them because TPTB have such an obsession with those two and a desire to avoid conflict. Teyla could have also been a tough, complex woman except TPTB don't seem to know what to do with her outside of standing around looking stoic.

We've had Caldwell, Ellis, Everett and Sumner in command of various ground missions or spaceships, but no women in such command positions. We've had Michael, Todd, Koyla, Ladon, Oberoth, and Niam as faces to individualize the various SGA enemies, but no female equivalent outside of the wraith queens (who are largely identical instead of individuals), Larrin (who is only a sexual tease for Shep) and Sora (who didn't even get a proper write-out). TPTB have been so interested in writing men (and two in particular at that) that the women in the SGA universe suffered as a consequence.

Comment

I just finished Reunion, which brings me so much closer to the dreaded Doppelganger... but that's for later, after round 2 of my chance of getting the job I want (hopefully my mad designer skillz won't abandon me tomorrow)... Right now, however, I can say that Teyla took a bit of a lead in time over Keller since the latter wasn't in Reunion. There's now a gap to fill of 656 seconds in favor of the Athosian.
            I think Keller will probably get higher averages then. Yeah, if you factor in that Keller was not in every single eppy (hey, neither was Teyla or Ronon) she might fall a bit behind. But still, pretty close.

Speaking of Ronon ... how's he stacking up?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I can't think of a single woman on SGA that even comes close to Cain's level of badassery, no-questions-asked leadership, and hardness. Roslin is one tough cookie herself.

I wish SGA could have written at least one woman like that - mature, tough, and undeniably in command. Weir came close but Shep and McKay often questioned her or she gave into them because TPTB have such an obsession with those two and a desire to avoid conflict. Teyla could have also been a tough, complex woman except TPTB don't seem to know what to do with her outside of standing around looking stoic.

We've had Caldwell, Ellis, Everett and Sumner in command of various ground missions or spaceships, but no women in such command positions. We've had Michael, Todd, Koyla, Ladon, Oberoth, and Niam as faces to individualize the various SGA enemies, but no female equivalent outside of the wraith queens (who are largely identical instead of individuals), Larrin (who is only a sexual tease for Shep) and Sora (who didn't even get a proper write-out). TPTB have been so interested in writing men (and two in particular at that) that the women in the SGA universe suffered as a consequence.
              Well, when you put it like that, it really sucks. Sora had a lot of potential. Shoot, the Genii had a lot of potential they didn't use. Don't get me started on what happened to Koyla.

Sorry, got side tracked - back to the women. Cadman was another character I really liked. She had great interaction with all the main characters in just the few episodes she was in. It might have been cool to see a secondary team that included her and Lorne (cause more Lorne is always a good thing ).
              sigpic
              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I think that is part of the problem with SGA. If you not male or a chosen character, then your nothing. Teyla and Weir started strong then over the seasons just faded out. I would love to see a few strong women on the show. Larrin could be strong expect she just a sex object. Don't get me started on Keller. She just needs to be sent back to earth. Heck, even SGA's Sam wasn't that strong. She seemed to be a shell of her SG1 self. I would also loved to see a strong woman as a villian. I just hoping that there is some better written women in the third spin off.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Okay. Physics is cool if it kills Keller and Carter, though I still don't understand most of it (Relatively simple concepts like gravity breaking someone's neck are conprehendable.)
                  Is it okay when physics kill We come in peace, shoot to kill, Ass-kicking wallpaper and Darth Tagaan?

Don't worry. In the end Whining baby will win hands down

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Well, when you put it like that, it really sucks. Sora had a lot of potential. Shoot, the Genii had a lot of potential they didn't use. Don't get me started on what happened to Koyla.

Sorry, got side tracked - back to the women. Cadman was another character I really liked. She had great interaction with all the main characters in just the few episodes she was in. It might have been cool to see a secondary team that included her and Lorne (cause more Lorne is always a good thing ).
                  Come to bed, Highlander (my nickname for Cadman) was great and her interaction with others are still legendary

Comment

I was thinking the same thing earlier. Would you mind translating it again, dear Canadian citizen?
                    French Canadian: La saison 4 pue comme ma chaussette !
                    English Canadian: Hey dere, Season 4 stinks like my sock, eh.

hehe doesn't need to be added i was just teasing hehe

Wow, cool!

I don't know much about behind the scenes stuff, my issues are with the translation from the books to film not being quite faithful in spots. But even despite that, they're really good.
                    no need to convince me they are some of my favorite all time movies. I Absolutely adore them!

Every once in awhile I'll say, eh? at the end of a sentence. I grew up in Michigan and somehow that kinda seeped down there from Canada.
                    different parts of canada have different accents. Some hardly say eh at all... however i say it alot!! So does my brother, plus there is a difference, i don't think i have an accent, i don't really hear a difference when i listen to Americans on tv shows.. but when i hang out with my amercian friends in person i get teased alot for 'talking funny'

um example: 'over there then, hey?'
                    sort of comes out .. over dare den, eh?

about.. sound like 'a-boot' i swear it doesn't to me but my friends say it does sound that way when i say it.

but its different where you go. Toronto people sound the most american and Newfies.. well heck i don't think they even understand each other lol

anyways sorry hehe i probably have bored you to tears now hehe

i don't like BSG but who do i think of in the sci fi genre, as being female and kicking ass? Captain Janeway and Beka Valentine
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Ok, I'll give you that, since most everything's better than SGA these days.
                      Even Eastenders and Corrie are better than S4 and I NEVER watch Soaps

ooo fancy sure!
                      You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                        Speaking of Ronon ... how's he stacking up?
                        He's doing quite okay... for now anyway. Of course, Reunion is his token episode. For the moment he has 865s more than Teyla at the moment.

Reunion, however, is at this point the most balanced one in screentime and words ... though it'll probably decline from here on out... And Rachel is pretty funny, to be quite honest... One episode she isn't showing, the next ... wow! They are completely out of whack.

Edit: I forgot to add the languages... *facepalm*

S4 stinks in all languages:
                        Bengali - Season 4 ekdom bajay!
                        Croatian - Cetvrta sezona smrdi kao moja prljava carapa!
                        Czech - Ctvrta serie smrdi jako moje spinavy ponozky!
                        Dutch - Seizoen 4 stinkt zoals mijn sok!
                        English - Season 4 stinks like my sock!
                        French - La quatrième saison pue comme mes chaussettes!
                        German - Die vierte Staffel stinkt wie meine Socke!
                        Hindi - Season 4 ki gandhi honay laga!
                        Italian - La quarta stagione puzza come la mia calza!
                        Latin - Annus quartus tam malus quam calceamentum meum foetet!
                        Romanian - Sezonul patru pute ca si soseta mea!
                        Spanish - La cuarta temporada hiede como mi media.
                        Pig Latin - Eason-say our-fay tinks-say ike-lay my ock-say.
                        Portuguese - A quarta temporada fede como minha meia.
                        French Canadian - La saison 4 pue comme ma chaussette !
                        English Canadian - Hey dere, Season 4 stinks like my sock, eh.
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 15 March 2008, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Portuguese: A quarta temporada fede como minha meia.
                          We don't have lolspeak there! Hmm...

Seezons four stinkz liek mah sockage!1!1!

Comment

Now we do... If anyone knows txt-speak... by all means...

Lolspeak - Seezons four stinkz liek mah sockage!1!1!
                            Portuguese: A quarta temporada fede como minha meia.

LOLSpeak does require a LOLzCat..

Edit: BTW, we made it to 15,000 posts.

Comment

15000 is a big number . By the time S5 airs we will have double this number

Comment

Originally posted by miss_kaylee View Post
                                I just hoping that there is some better written women in the third spin off.
                                That would be nice, if they learned from their mistakes in writing women. I don't think they see them as mistakes though....

I think forum rules prohibit us from talking specifics about SGU, which is fine with me. But my question is, will your disappointment in SGA prevent you from watching SGU? In my case, unless the premise is fantastic and there are quality people attached to it, I don't think I will. I've never had a show I liked as well as SGA implode on me, and I'm kind of wary of this franchise now. I bear it no ill will, I just don't want to go through the same kind of thing again.

different parts of canada have different accents. Some hardly say eh at all... however i say it alot!! So does my brother, plus there is a difference, i don't think i have an accent, i don't really hear a difference when i listen to Americans on tv shows.. but when i hang out with my amercian friends in person i get teased alot for 'talking funny'

um example: 'over there then, hey?'
                                sort of comes out .. over dare den, eh?

about.. sound like 'a-boot' i swear it doesn't to me but my friends say it does sound that way when i say it.

but its different where you go. Toronto people sound the most american and Newfies.. well heck i don't think they even understand each other lol

anyways sorry hehe i probably have bored you to tears now hehe
                                So Americans don't really have accents to Canadians? I'm kinda interested in this stuff, dialects, etc. It's fascinating.

I'll admit to trying to get a Canadian to say "out and about" just to hear the way they say it. Because it's cool. *Hugs the lovely Canadian Paris!*

That's a lot of posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X