Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    Very cool, Paris! I didn't realize you were an actress. Can you let us know when your ep airs, I get both those channels
    i didn't realize i was one either .. thats why its so weird.. hehe the whole thing is weird

i don't get either of those channels but if i hear i will let you know

I've never watched any Superman film, don't know the characters,
    thats cause superman sucks! batman should kick his ass! *runs away*
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      Where is it?
      Torchwood Atlantis
      Doctor Atlantis

Nothing fancy, just a little bit of Falcon Horus Productions' fun.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Spoiler:
      ...killing Kate was annoying but not such a big deal...
      What do you mean "not a big deal"? *glares* It was a huge deal... Oh my goddess, poor Teyla... and poor ol' me.
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 March 2008, 03:40 PM. Reason: YouTube was done...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
        That's something I don't understand. Heck, even Vala made it out in the nick of time in Beachhead (SG1 S9). Why couldn't Sam?
        For our viewing pleasure. *evil laughter*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Torchwood Atlantis
        Doctor Atlantis

That is fun. Oh, and I am so sorry you watched TLM after Blink. I was actually freaked out and at the edge of my seat when I watched that ep--that hardly ever happens with me and TV. Fantastic, as the 9th Doctor would say. And then watching TLM?

Comment

Oh, and I am so sorry you watched TLM after Blink. I was actually freaked out and at the edge of my seat when I watched that ep--that hardly ever happens with me and TV. Fantastic, as the 9th Doctor would say. And then watching TLM?
          Yeah, can't say that was a good thing to do. Blink was BRILLIANT!! One of my favorite episodes of Dr. Who (the new series).

TLM was ... well ... err ... boring maybe... a disgrace to season finales in general really.
          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 08 March 2008, 04:49 PM. Reason: Spelling!!

Comment

What do you mean "not a big deal"? *glares* It was a huge deal... Oh my goddess, poor Teyla... and poor ol' me.
            Bows before all knowing, all seeing god. I meant that in the context of the season, it wasn't a big deal. Right from the get go, they had lowered my expectations (not just because of the loss of one of my favourite characters), so while I still watched (fleetingly), I didn't care so much what happened from that point. I liked Kate, I still think it was rather pointless for her to die, especially when it didn't really further the plot. I'm just saying it didn't have the same impact as it would have had in say, s1-3. It almost proved the opposite point to TPTB's: when they killed too many characters, I stopped caring. As opposed to their viewpoint: killing a character really heightens the dramatic tension in an ep.
            Hope that made sense. I tend to ramble on and on and on...........

And even more OT

Spoiler:
            Also, don't ever use the internet for health advice. I just wanted to look something up, and it said I have leukemia. I don't. Not even close. Although oddly I do have most of the symptoms. No wonder people become hypochondriacs.
            sigpic

Comment

Bows before all knowing, all seeing god.
              All-knowing ... maybe, all-seeing - only when I have my glasses on

I meant that in the context of the season, it wasn't a big deal.
              Can't argue with that... You are forgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                i didn't realize i was one either .. thats why its so weird.. hehe the whole thing is weird

Congrats! Always cool to try something different

thats cause superman sucks! batman should kick his ass! *runs away*
                Superman is a guy who has superstrength, can freeze things with his breath, burn them with his eyes, is impervious to radiation; batman is just some rich dude who wears his underwear on the outside, slides down a pole and hangs out in a basement *cough* closet *cough* with his "ward", refusing all female sexual advances. Huh, I'd never looked at it that way before. Mind you, if you factor in Superman using his x-ray vision to scope out chicks, he's not much better. I guess anything looks odd if you look at it from the wrong/right angle
                sigpic

Comment

Superman is a guy who has superstrength, can freeze things with his breath, burn them with his eyes, is impervious to radiation; batman is just some rich dude who wears his underwear on the outside, slides down a pole and hangs out in a basement *cough* closet *cough* with his "ward", refusing all female sexual advances. Huh, I'd never looked at it that way before. Mind you, if you factor in Superman using his x-ray vision to scope out chicks, he's not much better. I guess anything looks odd if you look at it from the wrong/right angle
                  hehehehehee and this is why i like nightwing and robin best hehe
                  i just hate superman So i had to take a swing lol
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

hehehehehee and this is why i like nightwing and robin best hehe
                    i just hate superman So i had to take a swing lol
                    I'm okay on Batman. Hey, they made it in the 60's, so ya gotta forgive them a little bit. I just took it to be a comedy. I hope they meant it that way . But who/what is Nightwing? I'm not really up with the comics so much.
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats, Paris!

*asks for autograph and prepares to be tribbled*

I just heard something on tv before. "When you're sinking, you just grab onto any lifeline". It was in reference to a relationship that happened fleetingly under difficult circumstances. But it got me thinking, was Weir/TH s4's Lifeline? Was she the good that rose above the bad?
                      Spoilered for, well, redundancy
                      Spoiler:
                      She's always been my favourite character (followed by Rod & John - seperately!!), and Lifeline was one of my favourite Weir eps, but everything from there on just seemed kind of meh. And it's not coz of her, everything changed. Characterisation changed. Focus changed. Showrunners changed. Again, not a criticism per se, but take the ship angle. BW/RC - there is no ship in SGA. PM/JM - Sheyla, Roller, Kellay, Jarrin bla bla. BW/RC - it was important to us that Atlantis wasn't militarised, that the focus wasn't a military general, that it was a civilian. PM/JM - Weir, meet the exploding window. Then Weir, meet Oberoth. Then DupliWeir, meet other replicators. Then ?Weir, meet, um, ..... ? There are so many other avenues to go down re characters, plots, tech, enemies. It would take, well, at least 728 pages IDK, getting rid of Weir just stopped me caring. After that, Carter didn't matter, killing Kate was annoying but not such a big deal, bringing back Carson and then refridgerating him, meh. And Teyla's arc? Are you kidding me? McKellar? Hell why not, you've already jumped the shark. Why not try for the blue whale?
                      Anyway, S4 in review:

Good:
                      I no longer worry about whether I miss watching SGA or not. No need to programme recorder. Seriously tho, there were SOME good moments. At times characterisation was good. There were some strong moments in s4. However it only seemed to work when they wanted some good scenes before writing someone out . And that applies to ALL characters.

Bad
                      See spoilered above. Characters serving plots even more than before. No continuity unless when it suits. Pointless deaths. Stunt casting and ruining a perfectly good character. Blatant ship creation for no reason. Failure to realise that the lead is JF, not DH (I love DH/RM, but you know what I mean). Disregarding what the viewers think. Blatantly insisting that s4 is the best season EVA!!!

Yes I am biased, but I look at it this way: I had no expectations of S1
                      (I hadn't even heard of SGA and then I found it on DVD) and I loved it - 9/10; a little spoilered for s2, still liked it, overlooked some flaws eg characters serving plots, 7.5/10; majorly spoilered for s3, generally pessimistic prior to viewing, loved it, 8.5/10 (reduced due to Irresistable, Irresponsible); majorly spoilered for s4, but it lived up to it, 5/10 (average - some 9/10, many 4/10).
                      I agree. That's how I feel too. If TPTB themselves don't take the show seriously, why should I?

Torchwood Atlantis
                      Doctor Atlantis

Falcon Horus Productions rule!

All-knowing ... maybe, all-seeing - only when I have my glasses on
                      Oh, yeah!
                      sigpic

Comment

A letter to JM's blog by Marko: “The writers are trying to fob off a half-baked “Athosians in jeopardy” plotline on us, without going to the enormous bother of ever giving us one scene with, well, Athosians, like how would having seen their faces sometime in the last two years possibly make the danger of losing them more resonant in any way?

Joseph Mallozzi: "By that line of reasoning, it is impossible to feel any sort of sympathy for a civilization or characters that are introduced in the very episode in which they are put in jeopardy. Also, the last comment, that the characters can only sympathize with people they know, is a load of bull****."
                        Heh, looks like Joey inadvertantly stumbled upon the defining principle behind the show's inexhaustible folly. Too bad he doesn't realize what's wrong with what he's said!
                        Last edited by AutumnDream; 08 March 2008, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Don't you people sleep?

Comment

Depends which time zone you're in dude. It's 10.18pm on Sun night where I am. It's helpful though - I get to scroll through the pages while everyone else is asleep. Easier to play catchup that way
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              For Reef:

Mario Lanza - Drinking song

Is that it?
                              That's the one

Yeah, can't say that was a good thing to do. Blink was BRILLIANT!! One of my favorite episodes of Dr. Who (the new series).

TLM was ... well ... err ... boring maybe... a disgrace to season finales in general really.
                              Blink is my absolute favourite Dr Who ep (of the new series) I never thought anything could replace The Empty Child/Dr Dances as my favourites but there you go, someone should really introduce Stephen Moffatt to JM

Early Warning If I'm missing on Monday it's because we've been battered by heavy storms, the Met office and Enviroment Agencies are warning people not to go to the South Coast of England because the heavy storms that are going to hit us tonight are combining with the Spring High Tide and guess where I live? Yeah, so we're looking at a couple of rough days and maybe some power cuts, I'll be around for most of today and tomorrow, who knows

Comment

I just heard something on tv before. "When you're sinking, you just grab onto any lifeline". It was in reference to a relationship that happened fleetingly under difficult circumstances. But it got me thinking, was Weir/TH s4's Lifeline? Was she the good that rose above the bad?
                                Spoilered for, well, redundancy
                                Spoiler:
                                She's always been my favourite character (followed by Rod & John - seperately!!), and Lifeline was one of my favourite Weir eps, but everything from there on just seemed kind of meh. And it's not coz of her, everything changed. Characterisation changed. Focus changed. Showrunners changed. Again, not a criticism per se, but take the ship angle. BW/RC - there is no ship in SGA. PM/JM - Sheyla, Roller, Kellay, Jarrin bla bla. BW/RC - it was important to us that Atlantis wasn't militarised, that the focus wasn't a military general, that it was a civilian. PM/JM - Weir, meet the exploding window. Then Weir, meet Oberoth. Then DupliWeir, meet other replicators. Then ?Weir, meet, um, ..... ? There are so many other avenues to go down re characters, plots, tech, enemies. It would take, well, at least 728 pages IDK, getting rid of Weir just stopped me caring. After that, Carter didn't matter, killing Kate was annoying but not such a big deal, bringing back Carson and then refridgerating him, meh. And Teyla's arc? Are you kidding me? McKellar? Hell why not, you've already jumped the shark. Why not try for the blue whale?
                                Anyway, S4 in review:

Good:
                                I no longer worry about whether I miss watching SGA or not. No need to programme recorder. Seriously tho, there were SOME good moments. At times characterisation was good. There were some strong moments in s4. However it only seemed to work when they wanted some good scenes before writing someone out . And that applies to ALL characters.

Bad
                                See spoilered above. Characters serving plots even more than before. No continuity unless when it suits. Pointless deaths. Stunt casting and ruining a perfectly good character. Blatant ship creation for no reason. Failure to realise that the lead is JF, not DH (I love DH/RM, but you know what I mean). Disregarding what the viewers think. Blatantly insisting that s4 is the best season EVA!!!

Yes I am biased, but I look at it this way: I had no expectations of S1
                                (I hadn't even heard of SGA and then I found it on DVD) and I loved it - 9/10; a little spoilered for s2, still liked it, overlooked some flaws eg characters serving plots, 7.5/10; majorly spoilered for s3, generally pessimistic prior to viewing, loved it, 8.5/10 (reduced due to Irresistable, Irresponsible); majorly spoilered for s4, but it lived up to it, 5/10 (average - some 9/10, many 4/10).
                                First, I love the fact you said Weir was their Lifeline (and in my little happy world she still is, S4 = AU). Without her everything started falling apart, because you can't take a leader away and expect everything to be just peachy! You don't expect to cut off a head of any living being and see that being walking around like nothing happened. Weir was important. M&M thought they can make a better show without her. Sorry guys, but that simply doesn't work. There's shaking up the boat a little and there is making everybody fall overboard. Sink, sink, sink.

Adding new enemies at random, creating soap opera worthy "drama", killing off characters and then their clones, or putting them in refrigerator and expecting to take *that* seriously.... sorry guys. Doesn't work for me. Writing my favorite character out means killing the show. I won't watch any more. Surprise, there are fans who actually thought Weir was important!

Shipping? Don't get me started. First two and a half seasons everything was okay because we could have ships that were in the eye of beholder and everybody got their little moments and was happy. I could live with my ship not being "canonized" (oh but I wouldn't be unhappy to see it canonized either, they had real on screen chemistry at least!), given that my anti ship wasn't "canonized" either. Which is something that JM is obviously itching to do (no matter said ship simply doesn't bloody work!!! - I just hope that anti shipper fans and McSheppers eat him alive. I don't really care any more.), and well, I don't need that much gag material in my life. Why bother and watch?

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                                Don't you people sleep?
                                Look who's asking.

I'm pimping a fan made video (not mine) because it's funny and made to a song that simply suits anti album. Because you simply shouldn't touch what makes the fans love the show.

MC Hammer - Can't touch this - Video is too funny, editing is flawless, choice of clips perfect! Go watch!!!! have a laugh!
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X