Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    So Rose, you hated it didnt you? You are so demanding . Do like me, lower your standards
    I didn't hate it... I just don't like it. It's the worst season finale ever.

And I want my shows to be entertaining and not brainless. There should be a level to it where the mind of the viewer can contribute. But these are mind-numbing stories.

I fear my standards are too high for SGA. Dr. Who meets them perfectly, and so does Torchwood. What do they do differently that they can meet the requirements perfectly? They have me on the edge of my seat every week. They have jaw-dropping moments, without having to resort to fancy CGI. They show real emotions on screen. They show strong characters, visibly caring about each other and what happens to them. And strong stories...

Last night I watched Dr. Who - Human Nature (season 3)... I had already seen a few episode of the season with friends, namely the last, but I was still holding my breath and I was still fearing the Doctor was going to kick the bucket. I actually cheered when he tricked the alien enemy.

SGA can't do that anymore... Every sort of danger was taken away when it became apparent that certain characters are just indestructible. They are invincible and nothing bad can ever happen to them. They won't send them through excruciating pain cause that would require them to write emotions and it requires them to write in consequences. But they can't do that cause they love their BIG RED RESET BUTTON too much. They always resort to the same formula, always the same story-structure, always the same people doing all the talking or the saving... They are so stuck in their save little box that they managed to destroy a great show in just under 20 episodes. I wonder where there ego's have run off too... or wait, they haven't run off ... they are still in place being worshipped by all those who think this the best season evah!!

Yes, there I go again... Angry, anti me...

I HATE SGA AND WHY AREN'T THEY KILLING OFF TEYLA SO I CAN SEVER THESE BLOODY TIES!!!! FOR FRAK'S SAKE!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I didn't hate it... I just don't like it. It's the worst season finale ever.

And I want my shows to be entertaining and not brainless. There should be a level to it where the mind of the viewer can contribute. But these are mind-numbing stories.

I fear my standards are too high for SGA. Dr. Who meets them perfectly, and so does Torchwood. What do they do differently that they can meet the requirements perfectly? They have me on the edge of my seat every week. They have jaw-dropping moments, without having to resort to fancy CGI. They show real emotions on screen. They show strong characters, visibly caring about each other and what happens to them. And strong stories...

Last night I watched Dr. Who - Human Nature (season 3)... I had already seen a few episode of the season with friends, namely the last, but I was still holding my breath and I was still fearing the Doctor was going to kick the bucket. I actually cheered when he tricked the alien enemy.

SGA can't do that anymore... Every sort of danger was taken away when it became apparent that certain characters are just indestructible. They are invincible and nothing bad can ever happen to them. They won't send them through excruciating pain cause that would require them to write emotions and it requires them to write in consequences. But they can't do that cause they love their BIG RED RESET BUTTON too much. They always resort to the same formula, always the same story-structure, always the same people doing all the talking or the saving... They are so stuck in their save little box that they managed to destroy a great show in just under 20 episodes. I wonder where there ego's have run off too... or wait, they haven't run off ... they are still in place being worshipped by all those who think this the best season evah!!

Yes, there I go again... Angry, anti me...

I HATE SGA AND WHY AREN'T THEY KILLING OFF TEYLA SO I CAN SEVER THESE BLOODY TIES!!!! FOR FRAK'S SAKE!!

For the first time in S4 my Sam is worth something and they will write her out. I agree with you the episode was not perfect and it had tons of flaws. I will attend to those flaws soon in the episode thread. I swear to God, when John dialled the gate and reached Atlantis that he encountered a flare like in 1969. I saw it with my girlfriend and she said I saw the episode. How could I know that? Then I paused it and told her, wanna bet that they will use the reset button? She lost . I gave in because they used a semi-reset button like in Unending. Anywho, the episode was better than the average and Rodney's acting was flawless. It does get tiring after a while to see him number one but you cannot ignore David. He shines in Atlantis .

Comment

It's a pity we can't cut the wires of the reset button... this way they'd all stay dead and the crapfeast would be over...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
          It's a pity we can't cut the wires of the reset button... this way they'd all stay dead and the crapfeast would be over...
          I was expecting the reset button and I was expecting them to destroy The Phoenix. No shock for me here.

***shakes booty on ANTI music ***

Comment

I was expecting the reset button and I was expecting them to destroy The Phoenix. No shock for me here.

***shakes booty on ANTI music ***
            the ship exploding, the reset button...all plot device as to why it was so gosh darn important to show us why only shep could change the dreaded future. and blah, blah, blah.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
              the ship exploding, the reset button...all plot device as to why it was so gosh darn important to show us why only shep could change the dreaded future. and blah, blah, blah.

Heee heee heee . What you described sounds like SGA...hang on...it is...it is

Comment

Heh, Sheppard is more important in the grand scheme of things than Kirk.
                sigpic

Comment

I was just thinking back about ST TNG. They used reset buttons too and the main characters were indestructible too - but the show always thrilled me. I loved it with a passion! How come I can't like SGA the same way?

Oh wait... TNG was smart show!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                    Hello stinkies. So we're drinking already? It's only 1 PM my time zone! I suppose I can sip a little.

Anuna, you didn't send me a quote mah dear.
                    I just did. Since wehn you're speaking southern style?

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    Heh, Sheppard is more important in the grand scheme of things than Kirk.
                    Okay, I love Shep, ask Integra if you don't believe me, but nobody says somebody is more important then James KIRK in grand scheme of things!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      I was just thinking back about ST TNG. They used reset buttons too and the main characters were indestructible too - but the show always thrilled me. I loved it with a passion! How come I can't like SGA the same way?
                      better writers
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Okay, I love Shep, ask Integra if you don't believe me, but nobody says somebody is more important then James KIRK in grand scheme of things!!!!
                        Without Sheppard, the house fell down. He's more important than O'Neill. Is that okay, Anuna?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          better writers
                          Make that amazing writers.

Without Sheppard, the house fell down. He's more important than O'Neill. Is that okay, Anuna?
                          *pets mcbarr* I'm happy with "his hair is really great". (lowering my standards here, Integra)

Comment

It felt good to see Sheppard number 2 today . Heee heee heee. As you can see not even the sandstorm could spoil his hair

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              thanks...a tv show... hehe but not a really great one or anything
                              its called crime stories
                              plays on history television and the biography channel
                              it was fun, different then the stuff i usually do.
                              Very cool, Paris! I didn't realize you were an actress. Can you let us know when your ep airs, I get both those channels.

do you have live journal?
                              I don't. I find it hard enough to keep up with the online accounts I already have, so haven't ventured over there yet.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Yup, I'll get to it this afternoon...

So, 420 was anti-climax then huh? Except for Integ apparently.

Missa is going to watch some Dr. Who maybe before diving into The Last Stand ... Man.
                              Thank you, it is cool!

I summed up season 4 in the ep review thread with, So ends season 4, not with a bang, but with a meh.

I think JM snooped around this thread and realised that I am an important piece in this franchise and wrote SAM the way she is meant to be written. Oh yeah, did I tell you how happy I was when Keller died? Again, courtesy of JM . It was better than anything they wrote in S4 and my favourite SGA episode....I am a sucker for brunettes and time travel
                              I was happy that a couple annoying characters died too. And this is one thread where all opinions seem to be respected, so it's ok if you liked this one. I liked last week's and no one reamed me. Contrary to opinion, antis have pretty open minds.

From what I'm seeing, they "paid homage" to several Star Trek and SG-1 episodes.

DS9's Visitor, Voyager's Endgame - Parts 1 and 2, and SG-1's 2010 come to mind.
                              TBTB cannot pay proper homage to the awesomeness that is DS9's Visitor.

I've never watched any Superman film, don't know the characters, and I found that scene WAY more emotional than
                              Spoiler:
                              the incredibly lame Keller-is-dying-Rodney-is-bereft scene. Someone made a great comment in the ep review thread about they expected Keller to die of consumption after hacking blood into her hand. It was LAME. Can I emphasize lame anymore?

Comment

I've been plumb sick for the last few days which means the barfing would be much worse, so I held out on watching TLM last night. But from what I've heard from you guys, it sounds like some pretty f_cked up sh_t . I apologize if anyone is offended by that. From what I've heard it's the lamest thing ever, so you'll be hearing the ideally depictable description of f_cked up sh_t more than a few times in this reply.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                * How do look back at season 4?
                                I don't
                                Kudos to you, Reefgirl! That's very healthy living, you set an example for all the rest of us

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                                Snoozefest. That's all I can say. At least
                                Spoiler:
                                Keller died. That made me feel better.
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm sure it did. I'll actually be sure to watch that. Over and over again once someone posts it on YouTube or whatnot. Would be me a very happy chika Tell me, was it a long, drawn-out painful horrid death or was it short and merciful? Because, unless it was extremely bloody and graphic, I would prefer long drawn-out death.

Originally posted by erb View Post
                                Doesn't it bother anyone else that Rodney
                                Spoiler:
                                just gave up and left. Losing Teyla, Shep, Sam, and Ronon didn't mean enough for him to try to reverse the timeline, but losing Keller did? Or did I miss something?
                                Spoiler:
                                Holy hell. That would bother me beyond words. It's a good thing I didn't watch then because I would have choked on my own vomit. Seriously - Keller? What the hell. Not even Shep or Sam? What about Katie Brown? Carson?

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                                Keller, well that was just drawn out. Lunch with Todd would have been much faster. *snicker*
                                Spoiler:
                                Any way she goes at this point is fine with me. Personally I can't wait to see her die again

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                They flat-out, spelt-out, bolded and underlined CANONIZED the Rodney/Keller relationship? Like, he admitted it was his love for her that had him reversing the timeline to save her in particular? *headdesk* Seriously ALL OF SEASON 4 IS AN AU! This is nothing like the show I watched for three seasons, the writers aren't even PRETENDING to try and write them consistently anymore. They've avoided specifying clear ships before, now Keller's been with both Ronon and McKay? Why is Keller suddenly the star of the show, shipped with every eligible male? Next thing she'll be cozying up to Woolsey so she can be appointed junior leader of Atlantis or something. Ugh.
                                Spoiler:
                                Okay - I see that they had them in the kind of, sort of future - but they actually canonized that sh_t? His love for her - oh dear, I think I'm going to be rendered moribund shortly. I'm utterly disgusted. I wouldn't be surprised if Keller and Woolsey had a romp together. I was fine with Rodney/Katie - but this is expected to be in every damn episode season five, isn't it?

I agree with you, borgprincess - nothing like the first three years. Everything has completely and undeniably been uterly ignored. Alternate Universe, here we come - oh wait, we're already there. They've failed to elaborate Teyla as a character, dumped Elizabeth, killed Carson (then brought him back to life only to freeze him again so they can keep Keller), screwed up their favourites Shep and Rodney, killed a familiar face (Kate) yet are adding all these hot chicks to expand on the 'familiar faces' when we still need to elaborate on some that are already there, had our little harlot wh0re around with Rodney and Ronon, have us have to experience it, and it could only be expected more in the next year.

I say get a new PTB and start over from the end of season three. Or kill it dead.

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Okay, I get that this is an alternate team, so it's not the real Keller and the real McKay. But ew anyway. And what's with killing off all these alternate versions of people? We had Asura!beth, Trekified!Weir, nanite!team Shep, Asuran versions of Keller and Lorne, and I've heard something about Carson clones in Kindred...now this team. I sense the writers are stuck in a rut. I mean, they write off Carson and Weir in agonizing circumstances to add 'jeopardy' to the show, then content themselves with killing off duplicates of the main characters for the rest of the season? It's been done to death. I'm waiting for someone to treat clones with the respect that BSG and Farscape have done. Not reproduce characters en masse and quickly kill them, but develop these duplicates and establish their identities and motivations and how they figure into the galaxy's politics. This is what I wish they'd done with the Trekified!Weir from 'BAMSR'. But even though I'd've loved that, they really need to work on character coherency because this is sci-fi soap at its worst. It's not a credible show to me anymore.
                                Spoiler:
                                Nope. Fanfiction is more credible. I have a very interesting clone plot for Alternate Season Four that I can't wait to flesh out. Or should I really call it 'Alternate Season Four' since this season four is aletrnate universe enough?

I think the producers have serious mental health problems. Sadistically killing all the characters over and over marks barbourous, homicidal tendencies. They're not just killing a hated character over and over which we might be amused by as well. This is how serial killers get started, y'know...

From what I'm seeing, they "paid homage" to several Star Trek and SG-1 episodes.
                                Homage, Allusion, whatever the f_ck you call it = rip-off

Comment

Working...
                                X