Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    To all anti's...

For the poll...

* What were your thoughts before season 4? How were your expectations? What did you want to see? What didn't you want to see?

* What were thoughts during season 4? Was it what you expected? How did it differ from your views?

* How do look back at season 4?

* What are your thoughts on season 5? How are your expectations? What do you want to see? What don't you want to see? Will you still be watching?
    Okay.... I'm one of those people who likes being asked about an opinion because I'm so opinionated.

*My expectations weren't very high. I knew Elizabeth was being written off, and with all the anti Elizabeth comments, ship issues and stuff, I looked onto S4 with dread. I wanted to see her rescued, safe or at least with a possibility of returning. i didn't want to see the team forgetting about her, adoring Carter, becoming one big happy family without her, because it seemed so unfair after everything she did, and everything she stood for. It still feels unfair. My worst fear about S4? Sheyla. Yuck.

*During the first half I was unbelievably angry. I had ups and downs, was pissed at people who were happy about Weir gone and raving about how OMG this season the best EVAH!!1!1 is. Did my quiet countdown to TMC and dreaded it. I was afraid Elizabeth was going to be killed off on screen, by John none the less. After that episode I had mixed feelings. The way Elizabeth was treated was so crappy I couldn't really be properly angry... and I never truly bought that "she's dead" line from a replicator. I chose not to believe it. The end of BAMSR made me REALLY happy. those 30 seconds are the coolest moment of S4. I didn't expect to feel like that.

Next few episodes drove me off from the discussion because they were too sheyla for my taste, but after some time I simply stopped caring, because after everything... the show isn't the one I loved so much. This new show I don't like and don't wanna be attached too in the way I'm attached to first three seasons. Lot of this is ship connected and I know it's shallow but I so don't care. Why would I justify my reasons for liking SGA? My two favorite things were Elizabeth and my ship of choice. Without that I'm not giving SGA a chance. No way.

*How do i look back at S4? I'm glad it's over, feel relief, I'm glad I stopped caring and I'm glad it turned out so lame... if it was good that would make me really upset.

*Not watching any more, not thinking about what is going to happen to my beloved characters not expecting anything apart from a season that's going to be even worse than S4. So there. Long live the fandom and fanfiction.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      Y'all do realize there's a thread in Fun & Games where you feed a character to the wraith, don't you? hee
      I didn't know that. I must go check this out, thanks for the tip.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I thought they'd already shown Life on Mars in America, this is LoM part 2 set in 1981 which is fun to watch 'cos I was 13 then
      Maybe they have already aired it then, before I was watching for it. They often repeat shows, so I really hope they do, since DVDs don't look like they're coming soon.

I'm up for a poll. We must do something to celebrate the end of AU season 4.

Comment

You guys shaking it?

Comment

I'm listening to love songs, thanx for asking
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I'm listening to love songs, thanx for asking

Ahh...how cute . Someone here is a romantic . I am listening to Robert Miles - Fable (Dream Version). Simply amazing, one of the nicest hits of the 90s . Should we add it to the mix?

Comment

I can't remember who asked for this...but here it is...

It's in connection to the McKay/Sheppard show, I think.

Spoiler:
              Thanks, that was me who asked for it. It's awesome, and, sadly, true

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Y'all do realize there's a thread in Fun & Games where you feed a character to the wraith, don't you? hee
              My thread http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=52093
              No one's fed Larrin yet. I guess Todd will get to eat her today

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              Daniel & Vala come over to show the kids a move or two. Daniel helps Weir decipher some Ancient text, Vala shows Ronon some tricks to fool the bad guys, Teyla raises her eyebrow. Rodney stammers around Vala, Shep smirks and runs after Daniel & Elizabeth to make sure he can "help". Kate makes sure everyone comes for their weekly therapy sessions, while Carson orders everyone to get their rest.

Keller at the alpha site happily conducts experiments. Sam is in charge of SG1 now and she and Jack are married.
              You made me smile. What a perfect world. Except Keller should be dead and Teyla needs a real 'arc'.

To all anti's...

For the poll...

* What were your thoughts before season 4? How were your expectations? What did you want to see? What didn't you want to see?

* What were thoughts during season 4? Was it what you expected? How did it differ from your views?

* What are your thoughts on season 5? How are your expectations? What do you want to see? What don't you want to see? Will you still be watching?
              Well, I'll be sure to answer that more throughly when It's up, but in simple blunt terms:

*What were your thoughts before season 4? How were your expectations? What did you want to see? What didn't you want to see? Without Carson and Elizabeth the season would go downhill. And right it did So expectations were low. I wanted to see a real Teyla arc. I wanted more Teyla and Rodney. I didn't want to see Rodney stuffed in a leather jacket. I didn't want Carter. I definately didn't want Keller.

* What were thoughts during season 4? Was it what you expected? How did it differ from your views? Gimme my Carson and Lizzeh back NOW. Kill Keller. Bring the family back together. Get new PTB.

* How do look back at season 4? AU.

* What are your thoughts on season 5? How are your expectations? What do you want to see? What don't you want to see? Will you still be watching? Season 5 will suck without Carson and Elizabeth. Expectations are the same as s4. I want to see PTB be charitable for s6 and be nice by actually inviting Carson and Weir back fulltime insteaad of a half-assed deal. Oh, wait - we need a new PTB first that actually places more value in their characters and actors. I don't want to see Keller. I want to see her scuked dry by a Wraith. I'll just be tuning in for Carson's episodes.

Comment

To all anti's...

For the poll...

I was just going to post a multiple choice poll and have people pick the answers, but this works too and a lot of your topics were ones I was also thinking about including.

Or maybe we can do both. We can't have enough polls, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  FH, I already predict the result
                  Yeah... it'll be a rollercoaster-ride straight to doomsday.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

To all anti's...

For the poll...

My thoughts before S4 was "I hope it's not as bad as the end of S3" I was expecting the storyline to be better than it was, I wanted to see character development, interesting stories and something that would make me chuck cushions at the screen and shout "DON'T LEAVE IT THERE!!!!!!", what I didn't want to see was The John and Rodney Show

My thoughts were "Why am I watching this rubbish" It was worse than I expected

I don't

I won't be watching S5, from what I've seen it's not worth it

Comment

Off topic, but how did you guys get your stinky sock cards in spoiler tags underneath your sigs? I just tried and couldn't figure it out...plus got kicked offline during the midst of it.

Better go prepare for the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        Off topic, but how did you guys get your stinky sock cards in spoiler tags underneath your sigs? I just tried and couldn't figure it out...plus got kicked offline during the midst of it.

Better go prepare for the finale.
                        Like this:

[ spoiler][img ]*link to image*[/ img][/ spoiler]

Underneath your current signature image.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Is everyone ready to see tonights episode??? Please make sure your barf bags are ready for the kiss.....

Comment

Like this:

[ spoiler][img ]*link to image*[/ img][/ spoiler]

Underneath your current signature image.
                            Thanks, FH. I'm graphically challenged, so my picture on my card is a bit fuzzy, but that's doing pretty good for me. It's Professor Snape from Harry Potter, who is so delightfully snarky. He'd make a very good anti.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                            Is everyone ready to see tonights episode??? Please make sure your barf bags are ready for the kiss.....
                            I have a straight shot to my bathroom from where I'm sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              Thanks, FH. I'm graphically challenged, so my picture on my card is a bit fuzzy, but that's doing pretty good for me. It's Professor Snape from Harry Potter, who is so delightfully snarky. He'd make a very good anti.

I have a straight shot to my bathroom from where I'm sitting.
                              It's good to be prepared.

Comment

Working...
                              X