Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
    Um...how did this thread get to this point?
    S4 drove us all to insanity
    sigpic

Comment

Lol, the insanity defense! Ingenius...But- what about those who were insane prior to season 4? *refuses to look in mirror*
      'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
      will scorch my pride, scar my heart
      It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
      Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        LMAO! no but close hehe

hehehe oh ..just had a naughty thought ehehhehe

FH i'll pm you hehe parisindy's secret stash of naughty smilies hehe
        bwahahahahah, and I think I am there with you. I would also like to share in the secret smiley stash = sss please?

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        I liked series 8 of X Files but that was probably because I hated Mulder in series 7
        I think in S7 DD had enough and he was just plain ready for a break, which showed.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        I think I didn't like S8 because the baby-arc sucked. I liked season 9 again, but to me it was more of a spin-off than real XF.

*looks at the pics jt posted in the XF movie thread* I need a haircut.
        I don't know one person who liked the baby arc. Specially how they handled Scully w/ it. It was POD Scully.

Oh and you don't need a haircut, just get a wig!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I think I want XF2 mowile like NOW!!!!
        Come sit with me, I will keep you company.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        The baby arc did suck but Robert Patrick did bring a breath of fresh air to the show, IMO anyway

I prefered Doggett and Reyes to Mulder and Scully in the end
        I don't think I read that right.
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

I think in S7 DD had enough and he was just plain ready for a break, which showed.

I don't know one person who liked the baby arc. Specially how they handled Scully w/ it. It was POD Scully.

I don't think I read that right.
          Hmm, I love M/S, and always will- they were my first ship ever. But you agree that DD was operating on autopilot in s7, and that Scully during the baby arc was pod!Scully. It kinda ruined their relationship for me, having her be the stereotypical weepy female penning impassioned love notes to him and being overly sentimental and- mawkish. I think a lot of people preferred to ignore the decline in their relationship and substitute D/R to satisfy their cravings for shippiness. That's what I did, at any rate. I totally support M/S PRIOR to this whole Mulder-abducted/Scully-pregnant thing, but during the last two seasons? I'd cast my vote for Doggett/Reyes as well...*ducks* The main thing is that if the show had continued as it had in ss1-7, there's no way DRR could have sucked me in, but given what happened...
          'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
          will scorch my pride, scar my heart
          It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
          Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            Him

Spoiler:
            Sheppard was demoted from Kirk to Johnny Bravo? LOL!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post

There comes a time in every playas loife when he has to suck it up and admit defeat

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                Hmm, I love M/S, and always will- they were my first ship ever. But you agree that DD was operating on autopilot in s7, and that Scully during the baby arc was pod!Scully. It kinda ruined their relationship for me, having her be the stereotypical weepy female penning impassioned love notes to him and being overly sentimental and- mawkish. I think a lot of people preferred to ignore the decline in their relationship and substitute D/R to satisfy their cravings for shippiness. That's what I did, at any rate. I totally support M/S PRIOR to this whole Mulder-abducted/Scully-pregnant thing, but during the last two seasons? I'd cast my vote for Doggett/Reyes as well...*ducks* The main thing is that if the show had continued as it had in ss1-7, there's no way DRR could have sucked me in, but given what happened...
                *throws anti pellets at borgie, then gives her ice cream for the booboos*

Alright, my 2c on that. Everyone would agree after S7, the best thing for everyone would have been to go on a break, rather than continue. Contract or not, Gillian Anderson even though was on S8-9, she went through the motions in the same fashion as David Duchovny. I think Chris Carter at that point was also angry at the fans, and possibly mad at Fox (I am making a general statement - based on feelings), and whatever other ailments that were bothering him, also had lost his creative mojo. Frank Spotnitz took over much of S8/9 ... and Robert Partrick & Anabeth Gish were brought in.

So back in the day, to the day1 watchers like us, it felt like a slap in the face, because they were trying to change the show from what it was. It was about Mulder, trying to find his sister. Not all these other bizzare storylines involving
                "outsiders" and their problems. They also tried to change Scully into Mulder, and tout Doggett as Scully as far as the whole skeptic/believer thing. Yes, during S1-S7 we had the ocassional "monster of the week" storyline, but they had a little connection to the different arcs. In S8 & 9 they were space fillers.
                I don't hate Doggett & Reyes, I hate what it did to the show I had originally started to watch & love. Much like S4 in SGA.
                sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  There comes a time in every playas loife when he has to suck it up and admit defeat
                  You don't speak like that about TEH HAIR. *anuna mad*
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*throws anti pellets at borgie, then gives her ice cream for the booboos*

Alright, my 2c on that. Everyone would agree after S7, the best thing for everyone would have been to go on a break, rather than continue. Contract or not, Gillian Anderson even though was on S8-9, she went through the motions in the same fashion as David Duchovny. I think Chris Carter at that point was also angry at the fans, and possibly mad at Fox (I am making a general statement - based on feelings), and whatever other ailments that were bothering him, also had lost his creative mojo. Frank Spotnitz took over much of S8/9 ... and Robert Partrick & Anabeth Gish were brought in.

So back in the day, to the day1 watchers like us, it felt like a slap in the face, because they were trying to change the show from what it was. It was about Mulder, trying to find his sister. Not all these other bizzare storylines involving
                    "outsiders" and their problems. They also tried to change Scully into Mulder, and tout Doggett as Scully as far as the whole skeptic/believer thing. Yes, during S1-S7 we had the ocassional "monster of the week" storyline, but they had a little connection to the different arcs. In S8 & 9 they were space fillers.
                    I don't hate Doggett & Reyes, I hate what it did to the show I had originally started to watch & love. Much like S4 in SGA.
                    To be on topic...What does that remind me of?

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                      That old saying: If ani'nt broken don't fix it? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

What guy again? Zelenka?
                        LOL! You know, the more I think of it, I could *almost* get onboard the Weir/Zelenka ship. But, oh yeah, Weir's gone so what's the point now?

Imagine them doing mpreg. Oh wait. they would *love* to do that. There would be puking people all over the world. Plus it would be Enterprise rip off. Yep, definitely doable.
                        It would be an Enterprise rip-off, wouldn't it? But McKeller will get people gagging and puking.

All this X-Files talk. I stopped watching when Mulder left. Plus I was one of those weird people who never ever wanted a romantically entangled Mulder and Scully.

The end of season 4 is in sight, people! The tortorous journey is nearly completed!

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                          Ah! You found the hidden clue!

That old saying: If ani'nt broken don't fix it? LOL.
                          If they didn't break what's working, someone might find out what they are truly lacking.

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                          LOL! You know, the more I think of it, I could *almost* get onboard the Weir/Zelenka ship. But, oh yeah, Weir's gone so what's the point now?

It would be an Enterprise rip-off, wouldn't it? But McKeller will get people gagging and puking.

All this X-Files talk. I stopped watching when Mulder left. Plus I was one of those weird people who never ever wanted a romantically entangled Mulder and Scully.

The end of season 4 is in sight, people! The tortorous journey is nearly completed!
                          *peers* at Mariel. Whatcha talkin' about Willis?
                          sig made by me

Comment

Oh yay S4 is nearly over!!! People we need to prepare for some serious celebration!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              Plus I was one of those weird people who never ever wanted a romantically entangled Mulder and Scully.
                              I loved both characters, but I didn't want them romantically entangled. I guess that makes me another of those weird people.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf
                              S4 drove us all to insanity.
                              Originally posted by borgprincess
                              Lol, the insanity defense! Ingenius...But- what about those who were insane prior to season 4? *refuses to look in mirror*
                              They've taken away our fingerpaints and placed us in straitjackets.

Comment

*peers* at Mariel. Whatcha talkin' about Willis?
                                I'm anti Mulder/Scully romantically involved with each other. I am a heretic, I know. Maybe I'm just ship-challenged and can't see these things.

Oh yay S4 is nearly over!!! People we need to prepare for some serious celebration!!!
                                I'm on board with that. How shall we celebrate?

Comment

Working...
                                X